ADRs affected by latest reduction in park hours?

alliecat726

Earning My Ears
Wondering if anyone has received any concrete info from Disney regarding ADRs that fell within the previous park hours but are now outside the new hours? Example: We--for the THIRD TIME getting up @ 4:45am after repeated cancellations, sigh--made our latest round of ADRs @ the 60-day point (for a late-September trip) to include a 6:15 @ Be Our Guest, 7:10 @ Brown Derby, & 7:35 @ Le Cellier. This was when MK was open til 7pm, HS til 8, & Epcot til 8. Now the parks all close an hour or two earlier and our ADRs fall 10, 15 & 35 minutes outside of the parks' new closure times. I still see the reservations in our itinerary, but will they stay? Nobody from Disney has contacted us about this issue. Upon learning of the reduced park hours early yesterday morning, I immediately went online to check other/earlier dinner times but of course everything is full. I am really starting to get frustrated and am hoping Disney allows guests (esp such as us--who are attempting to stay loyal to WDW--and booked @ a 6-night Deluxe Villa & full table-service dining schedule, etc etc THREE SEPARATE TIMES in 2020) to keep our dinner reservations which now fall during a non-open park time that Disney suddenly imposed. Thoughts or knowledge on this is appreciated!

Last edited:
Ok first, nothing is normal. That anything is open at all is something

you will need to call disney. In the past, the park restaurants served after the park closed. No problem. I’ve left parks an hour or more after closing.
however

who knows now. It’s A Different time a different world

I will say that it is my experience that things work out better if you wait for Disney to cancel you. Much like airlines, if you proactively cancel, you miss out on any guest recovery offers. That is just my opinion and I am not in your situation so YMMV

We were miraculously able to back up our 2 dinner ADRs (Rose n Crown, Brown Derby) from first week of October from 6 pm to 5 pm. Hoping switches to 5 pm might work for others!

I haven't been able to reschedule my reservations which are now all at least an hour (some two) after park closing. Only times now available are 3-4PM

I'm in the same boat with two hard to get reservations - Be Our Guest and Oga's Cantina. My reservations are 30 minutes after the new closing times and no other times are available at all in my attempts to find an earlier ADR for each of these. They are still showing up on my plans, so I am waiting to see if Disney contacts me. I understand we need to be flexible but it is frustrating when you follow the rules and the rules keep changing. I hope Disney is able to work something out for everyone in our position.

Last edited:
I'm in this situation too. I had booked all my dinners for park closing to maximize my park time. And now there are hardly any dinner times available for any table service restaurants in the parks, especially not anywhere close to closing. I do not want to eat at 5 at Epcot and finish just in time for the parks to close when hours are already being slashed.

We were miraculously able to back up our 2 dinner ADRs (Rose n Crown, Brown Derby) from first week of October from 6 pm to 5 pm. Hoping switches to 5 pm might work for others!
I'm confused why you would move those, aren't those parks both open until 7? I may have missed something with all the new changes, but we have always been able to say past closing time in restaurants if we were still dining.

I'm confused why you would move those, aren't those parks both open until 7? I may have missed something with all the new changes, but we have always been able to say past closing time in restaurants if we were still dining.
I wasn't sure and I'm a slow eater so I figured better safe than sorry.

I'm very curious about this too. I have reservations at San Angel Inn Restaurante at 8:15 and now the park closes at 7!

I'm assuming I'll be getting a cancellation email soon : (

I've got a later Le Cellier reservation that I need to cancel now. After reading current reviews I won't be rebooking it.
I think I may have one more. I need to go check. At this point I'm in the oh well, I'll just eat counter service mode since there have been so many changes.

I am also driving this time so I will have my vehicle and can go offsite if I want. I'm actually going to be checking the times at City Walk - I may get a dinner reservation there instead for something different.

I had Le Cellier, Be Our Guest, Rose and Crown, San Angel Inn, Tiffins, Hollywood Brown Derby.... had then all at closing time and now can't replace any of them! I want to cry....this may indeed be the final straw for me for my September trip.

I'm sorry! That really sucks! I'm holding out hope that they keep the restaurants open. It was hard to get ADRs, so in theory they are booked... so why not take our money!?

When DHS was scheduled to close at 8 PM, I booked a 7:20 PM at Sci-Fi. Now it's closing at 7 PM. Despite the new closing time, Sci-Fi still has a 7:45 PM ADR available for that night.

Meanwhile, some DHS table service restaurants list a 7 PM closing (Brown Derby & Mama Melrose), while others list an 8 PM closing (Sci-Fi, Prime Time, and Oga's). Prime Time & Oga's both show ADRs available after 7 PM. The 2 restaurants with 7 PM closing times do not.

I can't figure it out. Will Disney keep these restaurants open till 8 PM?

Presumably, with the park closing at 7 PM, it will take some time before the queue on Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Train empties. On the other hand, someone sitting down to eat at 7:45 PM is not going to get out until after 8:30 PM.

It seems like a way to generate some extra revenue, even as the rest of the park is closed, but is Disney really going to have Guests walking though DHS 2 hours after official park closing?

Thoughts?

When DHS was scheduled to close at 8 PM, I booked a 7:20 PM at Sci-Fi. Now it's closing at 7 PM. Despite the new closing time, Sci-Fi still has a 7:45 PM ADR available for that night.

Meanwhile, some DHS table service restaurants list a 7 PM closing (Brown Derby & Mama Melrose), while others list an 8 PM closing (Sci-Fi, Prime Time, and Oga's). Prime Time & Oga's both show ADRs available after 7 PM. The 2 restaurants with 7 PM closing times do not.

I can't figure it out. Will Disney keep these restaurants open till 8 PM?

Presumably, with the park closing at 7 PM, it will take some time before the queue on Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Train empties. On the other hand, someone sitting down to eat at 7:45 PM is not going to get out until after 8:30 PM.

It seems like a way to generate some extra revenue, even as the rest of the park is closed, but is Disney really going to have Guests walking though DHS 2 hours after official park closing?

Thoughts?

my reservations that fell into that hour after closing in the second week of September just got cancelled on me today, I got an email. My guess is they just haven’t adjusted yet, I wouldn’t risk those reservations times.

I had Le Cellier, Be Our Guest, Rose and Crown, San Angel Inn, Tiffins, Hollywood Brown Derby.... had then all at closing time and now can't replace any of them! I want to cry....this may indeed be the final straw for me for my September trip.

I was in the same boat with our ADR’s for our two days at Magic Kingdom for Be Our Guest and Skipper’s Canteen. Literally the day I made them at 60 days + Disney shortened the hours to make them now 45 minutes after park closing. I was able to modify BOG to an hour earlier as soon as I found out, but nothing for Skippers Canteen. I put in a request on the Touring Plan’s reservation finder and one for Skipper’s Canteen matched within 24 hours for 5 minutes before the new closing time! So, be sure to try that for a few of your reservations before you cancel! I had put in a pre-closing one at Liberty Tree as a backup and that hit a few hours earlier. Good luck! Such a bummer to keep having them cancelled!

I was in the same boat with our ADR’s for our two days at Magic Kingdom for Be Our Guest and Skipper’s Canteen. Literally the day I made them at 60 days + Disney shortened the hours to make them now 45 minutes after park closing. I was able to modify BOG to an hour earlier as soon as I found out, but nothing for Skippers Canteen. I put in a request on the Touring Plan’s reservation finder and one for Skipper’s Canteen matched within 24 hours for 5 minutes before the new closing time! So, be sure to try that for a few of your reservations before you cancel! I had put in a pre-closing one at Liberty Tree as a backup and that hit a few hours earlier. Good luck! Such a bummer to keep having them cancelled!

I’ve got the reservation finder set... been set for a few days now and so far nothing

My ADR for Skipper Canteen was cancelled

So - if the park closes at 6 (MK), what is the latest I can make a dinner reservation at Skipper?

Well, we did indeed receive cancellation emails for Brown Derby and Le Cellier this week, but our BOG ADR (now for 15 minutes after the new park closing time) is still there. (Our other ADRs for the trip are @ resorts or DS & so are fine). I have no idea why two park ADRs were cancelled and one was left alone. ??? I am not asking Disney, though, as I obviously want to keep that BOG if we can. We plan to just show up 15-20 minutes before 6:00/park closing time (res @ 6:15) and "play dumb." Maybe have the kids start crying if the CM gives us any grief, lol! I also created alerts on ***********.com for replacement times before 7pm @ Le Cellier (and made a 6:45 back-up @ San Angel) but I'm not holding my breath. What a total pain the you-know-what this whole thing has been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter