• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADRs: On-line or phone?

missmary

Mouseketeer
Getting ready to make my first ADRs in less than 2 weeks. Is it better to do them on-line or over the phone?

Can I do Fantasmic! and Candlelight Processional packages on-line easily?

Is talking to a real person sometimes better or does it just take longer?

I heard that I can start my on-line search at 5 a.m. (Central time). When can I call in and does waiting a few hours to talk to a person make a big difference?

Getting ready to make my first ADRs in less than 2 weeks. Is it better to do them on-line or over the phone? - I prefer online, but I'm quite introverted and don't like people :p. I also have a strange aversion to using the phone.

Can I do Fantasmic! and Candlelight Processional packages on-line easily? -I'm not sure, I think these are call in only :(

Is talking to a real person sometimes better or does it just take longer? - It can be, but it will take longer. There's also more room for human error, but the website is not the most stable of web apps out there.

I heard that I can start my on-line search at 5 a.m. (Central time). When can I call in and does waiting a few hours to talk to a person make a big difference? - Online @ 5am Central, Phone @ 6am Central (6am and 7am respectively for Eastern). For some ADRs, it can make a big difference. Most notably 'Ohana (Dinner), Chef Mickey's (Any), and Le Cellier (Any), for others, not so much, but the earlier the better to be "safe".
See comments in green above.

In general, online is "better" as it gives you the control and the responsibility. It also allows you to start an hour earlier. Lastly, it's free of any long distance and international phone charges (not that long distance (non-international) charges apply to many anymore).

The site can be wonky at times though, so ymmv. If you have trouble with it, it will be a good idea to call in when the lines open as well.

If you need any directions, check out the ADR Tutorial that I wrote below ;)

You will have to call for Fantasmic, I'm guessing for the Candlelight as well-never booked it.

I find the online booking quite easy. Do a few practise runs. Book a TS ADR online a few days before your actual ADR date. You can cancel them before they are really booked-just go through the check out process and then exit out or cancel the booking.

Using the online ADR booking will allow you to book one hour before the phone lines open up.

Make sure you attach your reservation (resort) to the system so it will open up all your +10 dates and if you are on the dining plan just hold your CC instead of charging for certain restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter