Adult meltdowns.....

Okay, I will share a story that makes me look like a giant fool! LOL!

I had a total adult meltdown in Epcot on the first night of our September 2008 trip. My mom was staying at our apartment at the time with our dog, while my DH and I were at WDW. I was very nervous, as our dog Mayzie is a " runaway bunny" and is known to bolt, and as we did not have a fenced in yard we . We didn't have a land line phone at the time, and my Mom's cell was being wierd. I was trying to enjoy our first night in Epcot, but I was so worried about Mayzie and my Mom. Did my Mom make it to the apartment? Did Mayzie runaway? Was everything okay? I had tried to call her about 97 times, over the course of the evening and finally I just started crying, right in the middle of Epcot. I was crying and then DH tried to comfort me and I totally snapped and swore at him right in the middle of Epcot. I was so out of line! I am so embarrassed now at my behavior. Eventually I calmed down and DH came up with a great idea, we called our landlord who lived downstairs and she walked upstairs and checked on my Mom and the dog who were fine, and we finally got to talk to them. We made it the rest of the trip with minimal issues, but I am always waiting for someone to post on the dis about the crazy crying cursing Epcot lady who was a hot mess! LOL!

Okay, I will share a story that makes me look like a giant fool! LOL!

I had a total adult meltdown in Epcot on the first night of our September 2008 trip. My mom was staying at our apartment at the time with our dog, while my DH and I were at WDW. I was very nervous, as our dog Mayzie is a " runaway bunny" and is known to bolt, and as we did not have a fenced in yard we . We didn't have a land line phone at the time, and my Mom's cell was being wierd. I was trying to enjoy our first night in Epcot, but I was so worried about Mayzie and my Mom. Did my Mom make it to the apartment? Did Mayzie runaway? Was everything okay? I had tried to call her about 97 times, over the course of the evening and finally I just started crying, right in the middle of Epcot. I was crying and then DH tried to comfort me and I totally snapped and swore at him right in the middle of Epcot. I was so out of line! I am so embarrassed now at my behavior. Eventually I calmed down and DH came up with a great idea, we called our landlord who lived downstairs and she walked upstairs and checked on my Mom and the dog who were fine, and we finally got to talk to them. We made it the rest of the trip with minimal issues, but I am always waiting for someone to post on the dis about the crazy crying cursing Epcot lady who was a hot mess! LOL!

I can sympathize totally , when you are trying to relax and making sure all is ok yet the one link you have has a glitch there is the makings of a "meltdown".

I had a meltdown this past week at Epcot. IT was our first trip and we got fastpasses for the 4 of us (me,hubby, 4 and 8 year olds) when we got up to the front the 8 year old decided she was too scared to ride so the lady working said that we could do a rider swap with our son so we would both get to still ride and told him go go up ahead a bit so the line could proceed. We rode and when getting off I did not see my husband and told someone working that my hubby was waiting to do a rider swap with me and she pointed which way to go, WELL that led OUTSIDE! I had to go back to the fastpass line and tell the person there that I was told to go that way and that my husband was waiting inside for me to take my daughter while he rode with my son so they let me go back in and I told people in line the situation so they let me go ahead to the front. Of course I get held up where you go in and see the video and when I finally make my way to a CM my husband and daughter and nowhere in sight. By the time I found where they had been told to stand it was 45 minutes later and I was a having a majot meltdown.

aww you are too nice, I really was being a jackbag to poor DH though! LOL!

I have been the same way to mine , I apologize and he reminds me that it is OK I have put up with many of his... that is why he loves me:lovestruc

I think that Disney makes the perfect combination for Parent meltdowns- expensive, lots of preplanning, high expectations, vacation time, tired, etc.

I am spending 5k for 1 week with my 3 kids in a magical place if it is not magical I may break down too :rotfl2:

I had a tantrum at two CMs at the entrance to the Land pavilion when they would not allow me to take my 7 month old in his stroller down half a level to use the restroom with me. They told me I had to leave the stroller outside and I asked them how I was supposed to wipe while holding the baby. I noted that they let wheelchairs down, and they looked at me like I had two heads. "Those people have disabilities!" "Well, THE BABY CAN'T WALK, CAN HE?!?!" I yelled back. Not my most shining moment, but I really had to peeeeeeee!!!

(FYI, the closest restroom that you can take a stroller into is on the back side of Innoventions.)

In our more recent trips, I have avoided meltdowns with my beloved mother by simply packing up my children and going to the park with them on my own rather than waiting for her to complete her hours-long morning rituals. This also avoids meltdowns from children who have been ready to leave for the park for more than an hour (sometimes two). (Sorry, mom!)

In July 2009 there was 11 of us together, including my SIL. She and her husband were having marriage problems, and I think she had a meltdown once a day. :mad: I am not going into any details because it will just make me angry.

This thread is funny because we did have an adult meltdown in the middle of our trip which resulted in a fight between me & DH for 1 1/2 days. We went to Epcot and after breakfast my DH and the 3 kids went to test track. I told him i would go to Soarin and get fast passes in the mean time and would meet him by whatever it was after that. Well I was very hot & sluggish (ate a big breakfast and almost felt like going back to the hotel after that, i was miserable at the time) so we hung out a bit inside, waited online for one of the shows and rode the Nemo ride. Not even 2 mins into the show i get a snottey phone call from my DH saying i wasnt where i was supposed to be, etc...... i was so ticked i just left the show. He said he kept trying to call me
(i dont think the reception was good inside so i only received one call although i think he only called me once) then he decided to play games with me.
He had a big meltdown over this and left with the two youngest to go back to our resort while i stayed in Epcot with my 17 year old. I was upset and crying. The guy next to me probably thought i was crazy because i was going nuts, cursed once or twice and complaining to my daughter about DH.
Anyway this resulted in a fight and DH didnt eat 2 table service meals with us (2 nights wasted) over this stupid thing. From now on i learned two things, we just cant be together too much in the parks which really stinks and I cant eat a big breakfast early in the morning because it doesnt agree with me. Its too bad my DH has such a short fuse.

Unfortunately I have had a couple of meltdowns myself. My first one was on our very first Disney trip. It was myself, my hubby, our two boys, and my mom and dad. We were on our very last day in the parks, which was MGM at the time. We were all tired and getting cranky, and I was sad because it was our last day. We went to have lunch at the Prime Time Cafe, when my oldest son started to have a meltdown himself and I started to cry. So I'm sitting there at the table at the Prime Time, just crying. Not like loud sobbing, but it was about to get there :rolleyes1 I finally pulled it together because I didn't want our waiter to see me. How embarrassing.

My second meltdown happened on our last trip back in 08. I had planned and planned and we were having such a marvelous time. On our very last night, we were at DTD and my son and I had a disagreement about where we were going to eat. I started to cry, and my husband said, "look guys, mom is crying at Disney on the last night of our trip, she's so sad". Boy, that made the tears flow more :sad1: I just really wasn't ready to go home I guess.

Now we're going back in May, and this really will be our last trip for a number of years. Unless I can work my magic :wizard:

Wow you are alot like me. On the last days or night of our trips i always get very emotional and will cry, have even done it at restaurants a few times. Very hard to control but you cant help it when you are so sad that your trip is over.

On my honeymoon, I got my hair cut the very first day in MK.

A couple of days later, we were having what we considered our special dinner at California Grill, so we were dressing up. I was trying to fix my hair, but you know how that can go when you're getting used to a new hairstyle (my hair had been very long for our wedding and I got it cut up to under my chin). It wasn't working out the way I wanted, my husband started to pressure me into hurrying up, and I threw myself a little fit.

Luckily, I got myself under control, got my hair under control, and we had a most wonderful time at Cali Grill with delicious filet mignon and an amazing view of Wishes. :lovestruc

My entire last trip was a series of meltdowns!!

Our second day on the trip we were at HS and when we got back to the house for the day, I realized my camera was gone. Meltdown #1

A couple days later, my (now ex) bf and I were in the MK at night to watch fireworks, ect. He was complaining about EVERYTHING and I was stressed to the max. I ran away to the top of the Main St. train station, sat down against a wall, and CRIED my eyes out. :sad1: Meltdown #2

I can't remember if this is the same night or a different night, but it was still in the MK. My bf and I were going around riding things, and apparently lost track of time. My parents were waiting for us at the exit, and my dad was soooo mad at me and took it upon himself to yell at me for not being on time. Once again, me being fairly stressed, I cried from the MK exit to the parking lot. Meltdown #3

I hope I NEVER have another trip like that. If I wasn't crying, I was irritated about something that was going on. Still, I'd almost always rather bicker at Disney because deep down, you know you're somewhere you love, even if you're with someone you don't!! :rotfl:

Things aren't always what they seem. On our first trip to the world together, my dh was the rottenest companion - so bad, in fact, I vowed never to go on another trip with him again, and for years, I didn't - we went camping.

Anyway, on this terrible trip, We stayed at SOG, arrived after a twolegged flight after a day of work, rented a car. It was AWFUL. He shut down. He didn't want to do anything. Ride anything. Eat anything. See any parades or fireworks. NOTHING. and ONE night, he got roaring drunk, which I had never seen before or since.

Fast forward about 6 years. I'm on the internet, with some friends, who were having a discussion about how to smooth the way for kids with Autism at the world. Talking about sensory overload, and so forth. . . and I'm thinking that sounds a LOT like dh. I went in the other room and described it to him. He stiffened - eyes straight ahead and said "TOO MANY PEOPLE!". Wo.

So, I went with girlfriends, and in 2000 he ASked me, if I would take him to the world and show him what I loved so much. SO, I got a room at the Beach club (location). We flew non stop in the morning after breakfast, I had a towncar pick us up. I made lots of sit down priority seatings and made sure he got lots of rest, and hydration. It was the best trip ever! And he thanked me :). A couple years later, we bought into the DVC at HIS request.

Awww, aside from the trouble with the first trip I found your post very endearing and touching! :goodvibes

My entire last trip was a series of meltdowns!!

Our second day on the trip we were at HS and when we got back to the house for the day, I realized my camera was gone. Meltdown #1

A couple days later, my (now ex) bf and I were in the MK at night to watch fireworks, ect. He was complaining about EVERYTHING and I was stressed to the max. I ran away to the top of the Main St. train station, sat down against a wall, and CRIED my eyes out. :sad1: Meltdown #2

I can't remember if this is the same night or a different night, but it was still in the MK. My bf and I were going around riding things, and apparently lost track of time. My parents were waiting for us at the exit, and my dad was soooo mad at me and took it upon himself to yell at me for not being on time. Once again, me being fairly stressed, I cried from the MK exit to the parking lot. Meltdown #3

I hope I NEVER have another trip like that. If I wasn't crying, I was irritated about something that was going on. Still, I'd almost always rather bicker at Disney because deep down, you know you're somewhere you love, even if you're with someone you don't!! :rotfl:

Me too...remember we just BIG KIDS when in the World,:lovestrucprincess::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter