Advice for solo trip with rain!

LSN

Earning My Ears
So I finally mange to schedule tomorrow late afternoon/evening and all day Monday for a solo trip. Haven’t been for 5 years and now it sounds like rain Monday. I know what rides I want to do, but what else is good on a day with rain, I would love to do things I have overlooked before!

Dress appropriately! Dress warm and waterproof as much as possible, especially shoes. If a poncho is as good as it gets (and DLR ponchos are pretty good -- and can be replaced if they tear, just ask at the shop registers), then bring extra socks. Take lots of photos -- the parks are lovely in the rain, especially at night when the lights reflect on the water. Some rides won't run in the rain, e.g RSR, tea cups, Luigi's, etc., but others will be walk ons (depending on how hard and how long it rains). Take advantage of this! Enjoy hot chocolate while watching the rain -- so fun!

Dress appropriately! Dress warm and waterproof as much as possible, especially shoes. If a poncho is as good as it gets (and DLR ponchos are pretty good -- and can be replaced if they tear, just ask at the shop registers), then bring extra socks. Take lots of photos -- the parks are lovely in the rain, especially at night when the lights reflect on the water. Some rides won't run in the rain, e.g RSR, tea cups, Luigi's, etc., but others will be walk ons (depending on how hard and how long it rains). Take advantage of this! Enjoy hot chocolate while watching the rain -- so fun!
You make me WANT to go to Disneyland in the rain!

I actually love DL in the rain. If I didn’t have a newborn I’d make a special trip of it this week! We have the best time. Waterproof/water resistant shoes are ideal plus a poncho or really amazing raincoat with a hood! The Adventureland bathrooms have warm water and the Tiki Room is a great place to warm up! Tomato soup and grilled cheese from Jolly Holiday is another rainy day favorite.

Rain day are great! I went yesterday and wait times were pretty good. Arriving at 12:30 lines were pretty low for a Saturday. We were able to get 7 Fastpasses in 5 hours, all headliners, and one was a multi experience as the ride went down. The longest line was for Bayside Brews (the Tangerine Margarita was amazing). An unexpected thunderstorm hit and being prepared for the rain that came was essential (forecast showed 0% for the rest of the day but I still had rain boots and a rain jacket with hood, it rained for maybe two more hours). I have never been disappointed on a rain day. I would just maybe avoid Small World, as you sit in standing water sometimes and are exposed to the direct rain for periods of time. It seriously was so much fun yesterday! Have fun!

Rain day are great!.. I would just maybe avoid Small World, as you sit in standing water sometimes and are exposed to the direct rain for periods of time...
One of DH's gifts this year for Christmas was a waterproof, windproof stadium coat expressly for DLR rainy day trips. We got to try it out last week -- IASW was no problem! Splash was no problem (on multiple rides in a row)! Water in the ride vehicle? Water on the bench? Bring it! :)

It's too late for the OP, but one thing I threw in our backpack was a small backpacking towel. It came in very handy when we wanted to sit down and eat after the rain stopped because we were able to dry off our table and chairs. You should have seen the jealous stares we got from others. I had originally brought it thinking of ride seats and we never ended up using it for that. One more thing to be aware of is if there is lightening within 5 miles of the park they shut down the monorail and many of the outdoor rides (it seemed to be the taller rides).

We saw Mickey and the Magical Map while it rained, nice big theater that's covered. The only bummer was they wouldn't let us go in until 5 minutes or so before the show. It would have been nice to wait in the covered seats rather than in the rain.

Animation academy is awesome in rain, heat, cold, you name it. We love to escape in there and you can do multiple characters if you want as they run essentially continuously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter