Advice needed for Christmas 2018 reservation at BWV

cman

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We're planning a trip from 12/17/18 - 12/27/18 at BWV. I'll need two 2-Bedroom units with a Boardwalk view.

I'm wondering if I'll have any issue calling on 1/17/2018 and getting what I want especially since I need I'll need 10 nights and can only book 7 on 1/17.

Should I think about walking the reservation?

Thanks for the help

Carl

I think you'll be fine, especially if you're willing to book P/G if necessary.

I should has said that we really want Boardwalk view. Do you think that'll be an issue?

I should has said that we really want Boardwalk view. Do you think that'll be an issue?

Genuinely hard to call. There are only 21 lock off 2BR Boardwalk view, and when people book studios they get eaten up. Because you can only book one unit at a time, there is a chance of getting 1 BW and 1 P/G. But I think the same is true trying to find a date to start walking.

So are my chances better if I start walking the reservation earlier than lets say the Jan 11th which is when I start if I choose to walk? I'm assuming you can still only book 7 nights at a time.

What do you mean by "Because you can only book one unit at a time"? I don't have to call twice do I? I'm assuming you mean there's a few minutes between each unit being book and that can therefore cause and issue.

Yes. While booking the first, you cannot hold a second.

To be honest, to walk you would have needed to start already.

Not that I doubt you but are you saying that I should be walking this reservation now? Over 5 weeks from when my 11 month windows opens on 1/17?

People are already walking for dates before yours. The thing is getting a start date with two BW view available. Might not be easy between walkers and the people booking end of F&W studios.

WOW! I'm stunned. We did Christmas 2007 and got two 2 bedroom Boardwalk view units for Christmas week and didn't walk the reservation. Have things changed that much?

Also, how would F&W come into play here if we are going Christmas week. Doesn't it normally end by mid-November?

Also, how would F&W come into play here if we are going Christmas week. Doesn't it normally end by mid-November?
The first two weeks of December are also in play. Highest demand weeks of the year. Thanksgiving in there too. It doesn't really let up when dealing with studio bookings and walkers.

I've come to grips with what you are telling me. I had to sleep on it first!

If I want to walk this far in advance at this point the key thing needed if first day availability. Correct? Once I have that I can build out my 10 days and begin walking.

Is it required that at that point I call everyday or is calling every few days giving me the same chances of success?

Thanks for all of your help!

I've come to grips with what you are telling me. I had to sleep on it first!

If I want to walk this far in advance at this point the key thing needed if first day availability. Correct? Once I have that I can build out my 10 days and begin walking.

Is it required that at that point I call everyday or is calling every few days giving me the same chances of success?

Thanks for all of your help!

You could call every few days, really. And yeah, my point is really that when you walk, you've got to find a first day to start, and you're in competition with the studio walkers.

Yesterday when I checked online the first day was finally free so I booked and now I have to walk this until the week I need.

1. We'll need 10 days but I only booked 7. I wanted to keep some points in my back pocket in case I walk to a day that requires more points than the day I dropped.
At what point do you think I should expand the 10 days I 'll end up needing.

2. I'm going to call every three days to move the reservation. Does that put me at ANY risk of messing up what I've started?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!