Advice on ride intensity

haynic61

Earning My Ears
Hi - will be going to Universal for 2 days in May. I am a chicken regarding rides - I do not like roller coasters but my favorite ride at Disney is the Runaway Train - mainly because the drops aren't too big and it is fast - I can't do Space Mountain anymore but used to not mind it cause it was dark. Anyway, my question is what rides at Universal will I hate because they are intense roller coasters or are any of them not too bad - I really would love to do the Forbidden Journey and Escape from Gringotts but if they are too much like roller coasters I would freak out. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I would like to push myself but don't want to die of anxiety!! lol

I think you're fine on Gringots. It looks like a roller coaster, but most of it is actually motion simulation from the screens. Forbidden Journey is also a simulator type of thing, however it is on the intense side (at least more than Gringots).

Other roller coasters in order of intensity are, Mummy, Hulk, Rip Ride Rock-It. It sounds like you should definitely stay off the last two. Mummy is indoors and doesn't have huge drops, but it's pretty fast and I think has a backwards part.

Most other stuff at Uni are simulators that shake you around. Simpsons is about similar to Forbidden Journey in intensity and the other one most likely to make me feel a little sick (only a little - and I am not prone to motion sickness - it's worse if I sit in the front). Spider-Man and Transformers are very similar and not too intense. MiB is pretty gentle, but does spin when you get hit (so it could happen more or less frequently depending).

Best of luck to you and have fun!

Mummy is basically a more intense Space Mountain. Completely in the dark.

Rip ride rocket and Hulk are far more intense than anything at Disney.

Gringotts is classed as a roller coaster but doesn't really feel like it - short bursts, then stop to take in a scene.

Forbidden Journey is definitely not a coaster and doesn't feel like one. It is a mobile arm holding seats which travels along, with a lot of movement but no actual drops of any sort.

I think you're fine on Gringots. It looks like a roller coaster, but most of it is actually motion simulation from the screens. Forbidden Journey is also a simulator type of thing, however it is on the intense side (at least more than Gringots).

Other roller coasters in order of intensity are, Mummy, Hulk, Rip Ride Rock-It. It sounds like you should definitely stay off the last two. Mummy is indoors and doesn't have huge drops, but it's pretty fast and I think has a backwards part.

Most other stuff at Uni are simulators that shake you around. Simpsons is about similar to Forbidden Journey in intensity and the other one most likely to make me feel a little sick (only a little - and I am not prone to motion sickness - it's worse if I sit in the front). Spider-Man and Transformers are very similar and not too intense. MiB is pretty gentle, but does spin when you get hit (so it could happen more or less frequently depending).

Best of luck to you and have fun!
Thanks so much - your reply is very helpful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter