• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice on the new Kodak easyshare-one camera, please.

reesecup

DIS Veteran
Hello all. I posted a similar thread on a different board b/k I did not realizer there was a photography board. But anyway, here I am. Can anyone offer any suggestions on a digital camera. I would use it for eBay and family pics. I'm considering the Kodak easyshare-one. Does anyone have this one? And how do you like it?

Mine died and I really need a new one fast. Also, does anyone know where to get the best price by chance? Thanks so much.

I do not know a whole lot about the new kodak easyshare one, but my parents have an older model of an easy share and it is pretty good. Their camera is a 4.0 megapizel I believe too. It looks like the new kodak has two nice features....the rotating screen and it has a 256MB internal memory for storage for pics. However it seems it is very expensive for a 4.0 megapixel. I believe I saw it for $599. I think you are paying alot for the internal memory. It is nice not to have to worry about losing a memory card but I don't know that it is worth the money. I have a Canon powershot SD400 which I paid $350-$400 for. I find the quality to be better on the canon. However the newer kodaks may have better quality, I am not sure. The canon is a little more complicated to use while the kodak are simplified but may not give you as many settings. Also the newest canon is 7.0 megapixels and you can get it for $450. Again though I have not used the new easy share. I would examine the features on a few different cameras...and if you find that the extra features on the easyshare are what you want over more megapixels, go with that, but if you find the extra features are just unnecessary extras, go with a camera with higher megapixels.
Here are a picture I took with each:
This is probably the best picture I have taken with the Kodak Easy Share, it came out very well.
88a18738.jpg

And this is from my Canon 5 megapixel, again this came out very well and I do notice the upgrade in quality.
193397a1.jpg

Thank you for your advice. My DH says we don't want to buy anything less than 5 mega pixels. But I've just heard a lot of good comments on the new Kodak. I agree with you though, the price is kind of steep.

Great pics BTW!!

I am sure whatever you pick will be great!....And like I said I haven't used the new Kodak personally... just goin off the description :_...it looks like it would be a great camera!

DH gave me the Kodak EasyShare C340 for Christmas. I know he bought it at Best Buy, mostly to buy the service plan, but I don't know the price. (I don't want to know :guilty: )

It's a 5.0 mp camera with 3x optical zoom/5x digital for 15x total zoom. It has on-board memory of 16MB and can be expanded with SD memory (DH gave a 512MB card that will hold over 300 pics).

In auto mode the camera is very easy to use. I have 6 months to play with it and learn to use all of the features before our upcoming trip to WDW. If you'd like to see sample images, send me a PM with your email address (the files are too large to post here).

reesecup said:
Hello all. I posted a similar thread on a different board b/k I did not realizer there was a photography board. But anyway, here I am. Can anyone offer any suggestions on a digital camera. I would use it for eBay and family pics. I'm considering the Kodak easyshare-one. Does anyone have this one? And how do you like it?

Mine died and I really need a new one fast. Also, does anyone know where to get the best price by chance? Thanks so much.
The Easy Share One has not been getting great reviews for it's picture taking ability but it does have some neat features. If Wi-Fi is your primary need in a camera, the Easy Share One, so far, is the only one that has it. But if you want better pictures at a better price consider the Kodak Z740 or the Canon SD300.

Thanks guys for all of your responses. I decided on the Canon A620. I hope I will like it!!! I purchased it right before we left for a few days at the beach. Sure wish I would have had it there but I still can't wait to get it and play with it.

Now, I just need to decide what to do about my fugifilm finepix e550. The zoom lense was out and decided not to go back in. It says there is a zoom error and won't allow me to take pics. I've been pretty pleased with it but just don't know what it will cost for me to get it fixed. I probably need to do another thread but does anyone know much about them? I might would give it to my daughter if I can get it fixed at a reasonable price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter