Coronado Springs tower

DX4FJmEW0AE-5Rs.jpg-large.jpg

Old Port Royale CBR

DX4Gv6YX4AMiiv8.jpg-large.jpg

Main skyliner station at CBR

DX4H9EEXkAAkXDU.jpg-large.jpg

DHS Skyliner

DX4JSlnWAAApBYF.jpg-large.jpg DX4KLPOXcAEjGF1.jpg-large.jpg

Typhoon Lagoon water returning as it opens in a week.

DX38Y4-X0AA-WrG.jpg-large.jpg

Am I the only one thinking that at this pace, they could open Skyliner this fall?
Putting in the towers is easy. Getting the stations built, especially the CBR one that has all 3 lines to it, will take longer. Then they have to string the cable. If I were them, I wouldn't be stringing the cable until November to get past the worst of thunderstorm and hurricane season. Then they have to test it out. So a March/April opening sounds about right. Could it open earlier, possibly, but I wouldn't count on it.

It really looks like theyre going to be rushing to get TSL completed. Looks like they have loads to do still

I was thinking the same thing. Slinky dog in good shape, but the rest seems not remotely ready. I would think this is the reason there's been no indications of previews...might not be ready much in front of the June 30th date.

I wouldn't be stringing the cable until November to get past the worst of thunderstorm and hurricane season.
How does that affect stringing the cable? Obviously you don't do that while a storm is actually raging but it shouldn't be a long task to string the actual cable. Electric companies do this all the time.

How does that affect stringing the cable? Obviously you don't do that while a storm is actually raging but it shouldn't be a long task to string the actual cable. Electric companies do this all the time.

I'm not a gondola expert. But these cables and systems are different than electrical cable. From what I've seen, there's a bigger bore cable. The cable also has to be strung to support weight and be able to move on pulley and mechanical systems. And based on the electrical companies here, it's taken them half a year to raise and string a few miles of new poles and cable. And that's for something not as involved as Disney's gondola system.

Also, summer season is a prime busy season for contractors that build and maintain gondola systems at ski resorts. Instead of fighting the weather in Florida, I could see them just waiting to do the cable stringing last in about November. Focus on getting everything to that point and then put all effort to that.
I may be wrong...we will see what they do.

Putting in the towers is easy. Getting the stations built, especially the CBR one that has all 3 lines to it, will take longer. Then they have to string the cable. If I were them, I wouldn't be stringing the cable until November to get past the worst of thunderstorm and hurricane season. Then they have to test it out. So a March/April opening sounds about right. Could it open earlier, possibly, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not a gondola expert. But these cables and systems are different than electrical cable. From what I've seen, there's a bigger bore cable. The cable also has to be strung to support weight and be able to move on pulley and mechanical systems. And based on the electrical companies here, it's taken them half a year to raise and string a few miles of new poles and cable. And that's for something not as involved as Disney's gondola system.

Also, summer season is a prime busy season for contractors that build and maintain gondola systems at ski resorts. Instead of fighting the weather in Florida, I could see them just waiting to do the cable stringing last in about November. Focus on getting everything to that point and then put all effort to that.
I may be wrong...we will see what they do.

Obviously, I'm sure this is thought out & all, but With the sudden T/Storms and stuff during those June-Oct months, wouldn't it seem that the Ride, would be shut down a bunch:confused3? I mean, they'd have to do like what is now implemented at local sports fields, right? With the lightning detectors and Horns, and all...Just wondering?

And based on the electrical companies here, it's taken them half a year to raise and string a few miles of new poles and cable.
Big difference between erecting poles and stringing cable. Pulling cable across a line of poles is typical done in a day.

Obviously, I'm sure this is thought out & all, but With the sudden T/Storms and stuff during those June-Oct months, wouldn't it seem that the Ride, would be shut down a bunch:confused3? I mean, they'd have to do like what is now implemented at local sports fields, right? With the lightning detectors and Horns, and all...Just wondering?

The gondolas, themselves, can run in storms, and I believe, if I remember correctly, wind gusts up to 35 mph. They are enclosed so it would be no different than driving your car in a storm.

Big difference between erecting poles and stringing cable. Pulling cable across a line of poles is typical done in a day.

You would think...but here in Iowa, it took them months to get the cables strung, even after the poles were up. Part of it was adding lines to the current set up, but not sure what the hold up was.

You would think...but here in Iowa, it took them months to get the cables strung, even after the poles were up. Part of it was adding lines to the current set up, but not sure what the hold up was.
Probably something unique to that install. I worked for a large power company for 39 years and have seen overhead lines (the cables themselves) installed in a day over longer spans than what is the case at Disney.

I was thinking the same thing. Slinky dog in good shape, but the rest seems not remotely ready. I would think this is the reason there's been no indications of previews...might not be ready much in front of the June 30th date.
The Aliens info I heard seems true. That hasn’t made any progress in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter