Status
Not open for further replies.

The cable on a gondola is called a haulrope. Installing it is a bit of work. In the end, you must splice the two ends together, so there isn't a seam. This takes a while, and there aren't a lot of people in the world that can do it. Scheduling those folks in can be a trick all by itself. There is more to it than stringing power lines. The run from CBR to DHS isn't a huge deal, nor is the one from cbr to POP/AOA. The one from CBR to Riviera, to boardwalk parking lot to IG is going to be the one that will generate the most heartburn.

The part where the dirt piles are possibly but the part where the sand is will be parking as lights have already been installed.

I quoted the picture specifically where I'm thinking. Looks like a U shaped earth mound with piping at the moment. The only sand I see is the edge of the photo. This backs right up to SW:GE across the backstage road at the moment.

Everyone said they'd never finish SHDL and it was further behind this before it opened. TSL is in good shape, me thinks.

By putting the Star Wars hotel there and having a walkthrough the 2 rides into the land, I wonder if that will allow back door acess to the rides so no needing to queue with everyone else

By putting the Star Wars hotel there and having a walkthrough the 2 rides into the land, I wonder if that will allow back door acess to the rides so no needing to queue with everyone else

The queue is said to be a big part of the attraction. I can't imagine they will allow hotel guests to bypass this into a shorter less immersive experience. After all this hotel is built on total immersion.

The queue is said to be a big part of the attraction. I can't imagine they will allow hotel guests to bypass this into a shorter less immersive experience. After all this hotel is built on total immersion.
I have to wonder to what extent will the part of the queue that is a big part of the attraction be long enough to accommodate some of the three-hour queues we've seen at Flight of Passage. I would love to see a "back door" that would allow Star Wars hotel guests to join the queue as the heavily themed portion of the queue begins.

I have to wonder to what extent will the part of the queue that is a big part of the attraction be long enough to accommodate some of the three-hour queues we've seen at Flight of Passage. I would love to see a "back door" that would allow Star Wars hotel guests to join the queue as the heavily themed portion of the queue begins.

My guess is that the heavily themed party of the queue that may be integral to the ride experience will be after the FP/Standby line merger. That way they could have a bypass for those at the hotel. My guess is also that those at the hotel will get to be in the Land on off hours (morning/evening) with no other patrons. Kind of like EMM or DAH, but wholly focused on Star Wars and only available to those staying at the hotel.

My guess is also that those at the hotel will get to be in the Land on off hours (morning/evening) with no other patrons. Kind of like EMM or DAH, but wholly focused on Star Wars and only available to those staying at the hotel.

Completely agree that this will happen. Possibly on both end, but more likely in the evening I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter