Status
Not open for further replies.
It's under a mile. Less than the walk from Epcot or the walk from
Cabana Bay to USF.

I'd much rather walk 20 minutes and know how long it will take, than wait who knows how long for a bus in the morning.
Really? Seems a lot bigger than that

"As the crow flies", it is about 0.82 miles from the front door of the main Art of Animation service building to the bag check at Hollywood Studios. Of course, any hypothetical walkway built would not be a direct line and would likely be over a mile. It is all moot, though, as Disney isn't going to spend $millions to build a walkway that would only be used by a few people and would likely require at least 2 costly pedestrian bridges (1 over Victory Way and 1 over the new main entrance road). Especially not when they are building a gondola system to serve the same purpose.

It's a bit of an unfair comparison because I mapped it as the crow flies, but .8 miles from AoA entrance to DHS entrance. The new parking lot entrance is literally just across the street though, so there is no reason a hypothetical path couldn't be pretty much a straight shot.

"As the crow flies", it is about 0.82 miles from the front door of the main Art of Animation service building to the bag check at Hollywood Studios. Of course, any hypothetical walkway built would not be a direct line and would likely be over a mile. It is all moot, though, as Disney isn't going to spend $millions to build a walkway that would only be used by a few people and would likely require at least 2 costly pedestrian bridges (1 over Victory Way and 1 over the new main entrance road). Especially not when they are building a gondola system to serve the same purpose.

*edit* I was mapping it while you posted so I didn't see your response making mine redundant. I agree with all of this. I do think it could theoretically be built as a straight shot though. But it wouldn't. But it's still over a mile from the furthest point at Y&BC if you don't take the shortcut through Boardwalk.

Figured someone here would know offhand... we're in WDW now, and curious... what precisely is the roadside construction on World Dr between MK and Epcot for?

I had to google this term. We use overpass in the mid-Atlantic area. Now I know something new! I was thinking "what the heck is a flyover entrance?" :drive:
I think people tend to use "flyover" in the United States to refer to certain kinds of intersections. In the past, most intersections here were cloverleaf intersections. One road goes over another (that the overpass) while the ramps are all on the ground climbing up for descending down from one road to another. Now, they're building intersections where the ramps also go up the in air. So you'll have roadways in the intersection at four different levels.

My SO does not like flyovers. They're just too high that it feels like you're going to fall off.

I think people tend to use "flyover" in the United States to refer to certain kinds of intersections. In the past, most intersections here were cloverleaf intersections. One road goes over another (that the overpass) while the ramps are all on the ground climbing up for descending down from one road to another. Now, they're building intersections where the ramps also go up the in air. So you'll have roadways in the intersection at four different levels.

My SO does not like flyovers. They're just too high that it feels like you're going to fall off.

Interesting, thanks for the info! Never heard the term from DC up through NYC and I was in the engineering field (albeit environmental) for years though we'd generally use 'grade separation.'

I don't look at these aerial pics often because spatial relationships are difficult for me to understand (among a 100 other things), but is the new Riveria resort going to LITERALLY be on the back side of Epcot? I know they'll have gondolas, but if they had a back entrance, walkway straight to the park (almost like the GC) just a bit further walk, that would make the property much more appealing I'd think. But, apparently, I do Disney wrong:)

I don't look at these aerial pics often because spatial relationships are difficult for me to understand (among a 100 other things), but is the new Riveria resort going to LITERALLY be on the back side of Epcot? I know they'll have gondolas, but if they had a back entrance, walkway straight to the park (almost like the GC) just a bit further walk, that would make the property much more appealing I'd think. But, apparently, I do Disney wrong:)
Yes it is. Logistically Disney would have to create another Epcot entrance which could be problematic. I don't see that happening when Epcot already has two entrances.

Yes it is. Logistically Disney would have to create another Epcot entrance which could be problematic. I don't see that happening when Epcot already has two entrances.

True, especially to man it for really only 1, or 2 resorts. Its a cool idea though!

True, especially to man it for really only 1, or 2 resorts. Its a cool idea though!
Yup. A walkway there might actually make me consider buying a few points there for W&D trips if amenities hit a "minimum" of a deluxe. But consensus seems to be that they won't do this. Boo.

So looking at the progress of the Falcon attraction, is it safe to say it will consist of four mission space spinners?

So wait does that mean they are getting rid of the entrance that is currently there for TSMM. So basically you will be getting into the ride from TSL? I drive past the construction everyday for work and I never knew that was going to be a new entrance for HS. Are they still going to keep the same entrances currently being used?

So wait does that mean they are getting rid of the entrance that is currently there for TSMM. So basically you will be getting into the ride from TSL? I drive past the construction everyday for work and I never knew that was going to be a new entrance for HS. Are they still going to keep the same entrances currently being used?

The entrance into TSMM will now only be from Toy Story Land. I believe where the entrance is now will become backstage areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter