Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the rotation will be used as the loading/unloading. So it's not a mission space system it's a continuous loader.
Aren't you talking about the battle attraction? The Falcon ride area shows two identical buildings will be built each with two circular areas-- seems like alot of loading for no space for attraction..... the battle ride has one circular area.......seems that could be for loading?.... I.m sure you can straighten my tie on this....

Aren't you talking about the battle attraction? The Falcon ride area shows two identical buildings will be built each with two circular areas-- seems like alot of loading for no space for attraction..... the battle ride has one circular area.......seems that could be for loading?.... I.m sure you can straighten my tie on this....

The circular areas in the Falcon are the ride system, it's basically an almost continuously loading simulator. The circular area in the battle ride is part of the queue.

The circular areas in the Falcon are the ride system, it's basically an almost continuously loading simulator. The circular area in the battle ride is part of the queue.

So Ryan says the circles are for loading, you say they are the ride system as a simulator, which sounds like mission space, unless your vehicle switches circles, which I doubt, so it is a simulator like mission space that will continuously load since there are 4 of them? Still seems to me that MS has one building housing two spinners--- so the two buildings each housing two spinners will be similar in construction..... i guess not....

So Ryan says the circles are for loading, you say they are the ride system as a simulator, which sounds like mission space, unless your vehicle switches circles, which I doubt, so it is a simulator like mission space that will continuously load since there are 4 of them? Still seems to me that MS has one building housing two spinners--- so the two buildings each housing two spinners will be similar in construction..... i guess not....
The circles are for both the ride system and loading. It's a continuously loading simulator.

i guess it'll be like DL innoventions where it'll be a very gradual rotation that you don't notice while you're actually on the ride

Last edited:
Guess I'll have to wait to ride it for it to make any sense.

In mission space orange, all the simulators in each circle are loaded at one time and then they are spun to give you the feeling of the g-forces. In the Falcon ride all the vehicles will be on a slowly rotating turntable. As each one enters the load/unload area, riders will exit and then a new set of riders will board. The simulator will then rotate into the area where the screen is to start the ride experience. So the rotation is simply a mechanism to make it easier to load and unload the vehicles instead of it actually adding to the ride experience. The ride will have four independent turn tables for capacity. This is my understanding of how it will work.

That's my understanding also.

What I'm wondering is where are the other two turn tables. Can only see 2 in the picture.. is it 2 stories (2 on each story?).

That's my understanding also.

What I'm wondering is where are the other two turn tables. Can only see 2 in the picture.. is it 2 stories (2 on each story?).
The other two "circles" are not constructed yet but will be on the first floor.

Got it. I see where we they will be on the picture. Looks like they have a couple of pieces down, just not the circles yet.

I love looking at this thread.
I have a couple questions / comments?
The beige building on the southwest corner of Hollywood Studios is the current cast costuming building right? So that will be removed in the future once the SW:GE area building is up and running?
Is the green building that doesn't have any pavement around it just a construction staging building that will be removed later? So that would mean that logically, that whole southwest corner would be a future expansion area... or at least possibly the location of the Star Wars themed hotel?

I'm curious based on the former Streets of America area remaining (will be on the right/west side of Grand Ave) and the new concrete wall recently put up, kinda would lead me to believe that at least part of the area behind the former Great Movie Ride show building would open to guests. Maybe it will be open all the way to Toy Story Land? I wouldn't think there would be a lot of room for attractions, shopping, or dining... maybe some meet and greets? Just seems like it will be a weird area.

I would think they would wait until the "new" parking lots are up and running... but are the past rumors of parking garage(s) at Hollywood Studios still alive? I would personally way rather have parking garages than take up more land that could be used for future expansion.

I love looking at this thread.
I have a couple questions / comments?
The beige building on the southwest corner of Hollywood Studios is the current cast costuming building right? So that will be removed in the future once the SW:GE area building is up and running?
Is the green building that doesn't have any pavement around it just a construction staging building that will be removed later? So that would mean that logically, that whole southwest corner would be a future expansion area... or at least possibly the location of the Star Wars themed hotel?

I'm curious based on the former Streets of America area remaining (will be on the right/west side of Grand Ave) and the new concrete wall recently put up, kinda would lead me to believe that at least part of the area behind the former Great Movie Ride show building would open to guests. Maybe it will be open all the way to Toy Story Land? I wouldn't think there would be a lot of room for attractions, shopping, or dining... maybe some meet and greets? Just seems like it will be a weird area.

I would think they would wait until the "new" parking lots are up and running... but are the past rumors of parking garage(s) at Hollywood Studios still alive? I would personally way rather have parking garages than take up more land that could be used for future expansion.
Not sure that building will be removed but a new cast costuming building is currently being built in the far right of the image (can't actually be seen on this image).

The green building was built over the last year and will be backstage facilities for when SWL opens.

The Star Wars Hotel is likely to go in the area across the DHS parking lot entrance road.

The current Pixar Place road and area behind GMR will become backstage. You will enter TSL right next to One Mans Dream or from Star Wars land.

Not sure that building will be removed but a new cast costuming building is currently being built in the far right of the image (can't actually be seen on this image).

The green building was built over the last year and will be backstage facilities for when SWL opens.

The Star Wars Hotel is likely to go in the area across the DHS parking lot entrance road.

The current Pixar Place road and area behind GMR will become backstage. You will enter TSL right next to One Mans Dream or from Star Wars land.

Just seemed like a weird (inefficient) placement for that green facilities building, maybe it will make more sense when everything is complete.
For the hotel, you mean across from the current parking lot entrance road? That's kinda where it would make sense logically right, as if they wanted to have a park entrance, it would back up almost directly to Galaxy's Edge.

I really assumed that that area behind Great Movie Ride would be closed off, I just thought, looking at the pictures, maybe they will at least have a small nook or something there? Just speculating... not starting a rumor, but they could in theory put a quick serve or another small dining location there since I assume it would back up to the kitchen for Scifi/ABC

Just seemed like a weird (inefficient) placement for that green facilities building, maybe it will make more sense when everything is complete.
For the hotel, you mean across from the current parking lot entrance road? That's kinda where it would make sense logically right, as if they wanted to have a park entrance, it would back up almost directly to Galaxy's Edge.

I really assumed that that area behind Great Movie Ride would be closed off, I just thought, looking at the pictures, maybe they will at least have a small nook or something there? Just speculating... not starting a rumor, but they could in theory put a quick serve or another small dining location there since I assume it would back up to the kitchen for Scifi/ABC
Yes the hotel is rumored to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter