Aero beds or Air mattress in Resort Rooms?

marybdisney

Mouseketeer
Several people have suggested bringing Aero beds (or air mattresses) to use in a hotel room when you can't accomodate 4 people into 2 double beds. I was wondering:

1) Has anyone every ACTUALLy done this - bring a Aero bed and blow it up and use it on the floor?

2) Do you have to uninflate it every morning before you leave the room and houskeeping comes? Or do you leave it up the whole trip?

3) Is it breaking any Disney rules to do this? We are still only fitting 4 people into a Wilderness lodge standard room - we aren't trying to put too many people in the room. We just can't have the teenage boy and girl sleep together and the bunk beds won't work.....

We have an air mattress we travel with. My DS is a very "active" sleeper - plus he snores. No one wants to sleep with him because you CAN'T get any SLEEP!:p

We have fit the air mattress (double size) in between two hotel doubles or else we can fit it on one side (always farthest from the front door.) I call housekeeping for extra sheets, blankets and pillows. During the day we stand it up against a wall. I've never had any problems with housekeeping or the hotel.

We have never done this but friends have. They brought 2 to POFQ when they stayed there. I thought I remembered that they were able to stuff the air mattresses under the beds in the a.m. but maybe, like the last poster, they stood them against the wall. They too got linens from housekeeping.

We did this at POR in one of the mansion rooms. We inflated the air bed once on the day we arrived and each morning we slid it underneath one of the beds. It worked fine for us. We did only have 4 people in the room, so we were not breaking any rules, and it was better than paying the extra for a roll away.

Not at WDWw, but at a Las Vegas hotel we did this--I went with three girlfriends, we didn't want to share beds, so we brought aerobeds and two slept on them. We just stood them up on end in the morning. It was crowded, but we managed.

Anne

We've always used the AeroBed - also have a teenager
who wouldn't think of sleeping with his brother.
The only resort we did NOT need the extra bed was
the Polynesian and on the Disney Cruise.
Even though the rooms are tiny, we have even
used it at All-Star resort. Just pushed it under
the beds or set it up during the day. No problem.

We did this 4 years ago at POFQ. My family was going- but we weren't. We decided at the last minute to go and stayed in the room with my mom, dad, brother, me, DH, and 6 month old DD in a port-a-crib. There were no rooms available at POFQ. Talk about close quarters! We brought an aero-mattress and blew it up the first night. Every morning, we just proped it up against the wall. It worked fine. The mousekeepers never bothered it or said anything. Good luck!

I have used one in the All-Stars and just left it out on the floor in the corner by the window. Didn't even think about moving it. It provided an extra place to sit and gave me a place to sleep without bothering others. In actuality I think it was more comfortable than the All-Star beds! The Mousekeepers folded the blankets in the morning but never said anything or moved it. Besides it taking up extra space in the suitcase, there were no problems bringing it along!

Are they very heavy to carry in your luggage and how do you blow them up???? With the hair dryer?

The air mattress I have has its own air pump that I have to carry so that is a little heavier than having 4 D batteries. In all, I would gestimate that it added about 15 pounds for the mattress and pump to my luggage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter