Afternoon Tea @ GF!

TheDisneyNurse

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share a great experience my brother and I had at Gardenview Tea in the Grand Floridian on the 4th of July. We did a lot of fun things that day, but this was definitely our favorite part!

Here was my outfit for the day. Loved this dress, it was $20 on amazon. What a steal!
IMG_4585.jpg

First course was assorted cheeses and fruit. We didn't even know the names of some of the things we were eating but YUM!
IMG_4587.jpg

Next the sandwiches. We were surprised by how much we loved the egg salad. Delicious!

IMG_4588.jpg

Last but not least: dessert! We devoured the scones but only picked at the other dessert because we were so full. The blueberry cream was DELICIOUS

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

All in all a great new experience for me and my little brother. Can't wait to go again! We're gonna take our Mother and sister with us next time.

Here's the ONLY downside, and it's something that has nothing to do with Disney itself. This couple sitting next to us. Middle aged, about our parents age. They gave us dirty looks the entire time. I'm not talking an occasional glance. I'm talking full on staring, and making pretty loud comments the entire time. Every time I took a picture of my food they rolled their eyes and made a comment about us. We didn't let it bother us, but it was just interesting. I mean I get it, we're young. I'm 22 and my brother is 16. But I'm here paying with my hard earned money. No need to judge us. All in all definitely would reccomend this experience!

Thanks for the review and the photos. We plan on doing this in January. Which teas did you choose, and did you like them? Besides the egg salad, do you remember what the other sandwiches were? It looks like one has cucumber. I hope they still have the macarons and the blueberry cream when we go. So sorry the couple near you were so unkind. Glad you had fun in spite of them. Cute dress!

Thanks for the review and the photos. We plan on doing this in January. Which teas did you choose, and did you like them? Besides the egg salad, do you remember what the other sandwiches were? It looks like one has cucumber. I hope they still have the macarons and the blueberry cream when we go. So sorry the couple near you were so unkind. Glad you had fun in spite of them. Cute dress!
Hey there! You're going to have a great time for sure :)

I had English Breakfast, and my brother had nutty chocolate. He loved itc and said it had a nice chocolate aftertaste. One was a cucumber with a sort of cream cheese spread. The one on the whole wheat bread was chicken curry, and one had cream cheese and sun dried tomato :)

Hey there! You're going to have a great time for sure :)

I had English Breakfast, and my brother had nutty chocolate. He loved it and said it had a nice chocolate aftertaste. One was a cucumber with a sort of cream cheese spread. The one on the whole wheat bread was chicken curry, and one had cream cheese and sun dried tomato :)

Yum! The sandwiches sound great, and so does the tea. Thank you so very much for answering my questions.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tea and I hope that rude couple did not spoil your experience. You have every right to be there enjoying that beautiful (and yummy!) food. Good thing that couple was not beside me last summer as I took photos of every single thing. I am interested to see that the sandwiches have changed since last summer.

Your dress is adorable!

Thanks for the review, the tea at GF is a must do for me every trip and I go twice a year. We won't be doing it on our quick trip in August because we are only going for a long weekend Sat-Tues and I've booked V&A so I love living vicariously through your review. I go either solo or with my son and have been going with him since he was in his twenties (been taking him to WDW since he was 2) and really haven't ever had dirty looks so I think you just got unlucky. I say you did a good job just ignoring them, I've seen people of all ages there and just about everyone takes pictures now so the heck with em.

Awesome review! I'm surprising my DD16 with this on our trip next week. I think she will love it!!

We are doing this in November (am surprising my mom and daughter with the visit!)....thanks for the review. I think your dress is adorable, and just feel sad for that couple. Imagine spending such a lovely time hating on someone else? So silly. Glad you had a great time!

I have encountered people even on these boards for whom "young people taking photos of things, especially themselves" is a mortal offense. Please don't take it to heart. You looked lovely & it sounds like you had a great time.

What a fun thing to do with your younger brother! Sorry those people were so rude, but glad it didn't impact your experience too much. Everything looks like it was delicious!

Oh and your dress/ears are super cute for the 4th :)

Very cute dress! Thanks for the review of the tea. I did this a few years ago with my sister, and we loved it! Need to do it again soon.

I love the chicken curry sandwiches there! Sorry to hear the couple next to you were rude. We found the crowd there could be hit or miss. First time we had such a quiet, relaxing experience but the next time there were these two parties that were talking at the top of their lungs! Not relaxing at al!

Great review /pics! I totally want to go in August, we are staying at the GF. My hubby won't go so I considered solo :) it sounds like a lovely experience

I am planning this as a Solo on my December trip. Did you notice if any other solo par takers were there?

I love the afternoon tea at GF! Glad you enjoyed the food and experience with your brother, despite the rude stares from the older couple. Your dress is adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter