Against my better judgement we went to BoG! Yeah!

TeresaWen

DIS Veteran
I struggled with this ADR. First I had a 7:10 for Saturday. Then I wondered if Narcoossee’s would be better. And the struggle continued until by chance I got a 4:30 ADR for yesterday (Friday) it worked perfectly with our adjusted for the heat plans.

Once I snagged the ADR we quickly got dressed and left our villa for the Grand Floridian where we had pre MK margaritas.

We took the monorail to the MK and were slowly making our way up Main Street by 3:00 stopping at every single photo pass.

At 4 it looked like a storm was coming so we went close to the restaurant and snagged an umbrella seat.

I went to check in early and they were happy to seat us. Fine with me. No lunch and hungry.

We were lead to our table in the west wing by our server Robert. We ordered a glass of champagne and mentioned to Robert that we were looking forward to a relaxing dinner.

Champagne & such yummy bread & butter were brought to our table. Robert made some suggestions about the menu and left is to enjoy our drinks.

For our apps. I had the salad and my husband had the onion soup. The salad was a good size and simply delicious. The soup was excellent. Our next round of wine to pair with our first course was brought out at the perfect time and temperature. I had the Shadow of the Beast Chardonnay. It is their private label and so good. My husband has the rose. Also very good.

We had plenty of time to relax & enjoy.

We both ordered the filet. It came out perfect medium rare. The mashed potatoes were so worth the carbs.

Our dinner was served before our wine. Robert discovered this in about a minute and quickly brought out our reds. I had the private label red and my husband a fantastic Pinot that we had the other night in Narcoossee’s. Our dinners were outstanding.

Desert was good. We are not desert eaters and it would not have been what we would have chosen but we enjoyed it all.

Coffee was very good.

From the time we were seated until we saw the Beast a little over 90 minutes.

A fantastic dining experience. We will definitely go back.

Thanks Robert for a magical evening.

Glad to hear a good review!! We have an ADR there on Friday....our arrival day. I am very much looking forward to it.

Very nice review, glad you had a great time but after our trip there in June the 9 and 18 year old have put BoG on their permanent ban list. In our case after the meal I ended up going back to our hotel (AL) and feeding everyone again.

Glad to hear that you liked it. The last time we went, 2013, we ate there for dinner. Loved the atmosphere but hated the food.

I hear the best time to go is for lunch but my husband does not care for the menu.

For our upcoming trip, Jan 5th-12th, we are eating there for breakfast.

We're booked in for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast we'll be doing on the dining plan (if we weren't on the dining plan, we would skip it, as it really overpriced for what you get). At first, when I was planning our visit, I thought we'd give dinner a miss. We did dinner on our 2013 trip and were disappointed with the food. so, at the 180 day slot I didn't get a reservation. But then they changed the menu, and after reading the new reviews I really wanted to try it. It took me several weeks, but I finally landed our reservation, on the last day of our trip. I'm really looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!