Agrabah Cafe - reviews

We ate here on the 18th March and loved it!!

f9hzqf.jpg

This was the one restaurant I had looked foward to eating in the most. It seemed so different to what we usually eat, so it was a whole new experience to us and it was enjoyed by all of us.

20rog2v.jpg

The themeing of restaurant makes you feel like you are walking into a whole different world. It definately feels special and different eating in there and food is the icing on the cake.

2130ig0.jpg

2qvd1sg.jpg

r1erya.jpg

54f9qa.jpg

Dylan's meal:

9pnl87.jpg

There was a selection of salad items, pasta & rice salads, olives, cous cous, tangines, chicken kebabs, spicy meats, spicy potatoes, all the bits to make lamb doner kebabs (which was gorgeous!), lots of different sauces, plus loads more!

My 1st plate:

105qy5k.jpg

My 2nd plate:

xbg2u9.jpg

The pudding selection was just as good. The pecan pie was amazing!!! I wanted to try some crepes, but they ran out by the time I got to them and didn't bother to wait for them to replenish them.

a5et6v.jpg

I loved eating here and would definately eat there again! LOVE IT!!

We ate here on Monday 15th March as our first meal at DLP!! I was really looking forward to this restaurant as I've heard so many great things about it and I wasn't disapointed at all.

Think we got there about 2pm and it was relatively quiet. We were taken straight to a table in a nice cosy corner!

At around e21 per adult and free for under 3s (It was the day before DD 3rd birthday so we just got one free buffet in for her! :) ) It was brilliant value for money for us. Think I ordered one coke too for me as DH wasn't thirsty and kids had there own beakers. Drink prices were a little steep but just as they are everywhere on the DLP site.

There was loads of choice and something for everyone. DD isn't that keen on 'fast food' type meals so it was ideal for her as there weas a great selection of fresh fruit and vegetable based dishes. DS however takes after Daddy and tucked in to mainly meat and pasta but seemed to be enjoying himself!! There were kebabs, doner kebab meat, meat balls, spicy wings, halal meat and loads more. DH came back with just a plate of meat on one trip!! The salads and hummous were delicious and I had loads of starters! I had the Moussaka which didn't look fantastic as it was all mixed up but wow it was delicious!!

For dessert Chris had cake, his favourite being a type of sponge thing that had fruit set into the top, no idea what it was called but I'm sure he had about 4 pieces! Cole devoured at least 3 pancakes with nutella (he loves pancakes!!) and I had 1 too and they really were lovely. Skye had a pancake and also think she had some cake but I can't remember what sorry! They also each had a potted yogurt! We had been travelling from early that morning so think they were famished! I had a few different bits but as the previous poster I highly recommend the Pecan Pie. Delish!!

Unfortunately I only took one or two photos in there (too busy tucking in!) when I glanced up from eating my desserts to find Cole having a barrel of fun with his yoghurt! oops! And I still can't work out how to add pics so can't even put that one in!

We will definately be paying a visit back here on our next trip as it was my favourite meal we had there! Just suited all of tastes. I'd happily eat there on each day if I had too!:rotfl: and actually wish we'd gone back there during the March trip!

We ate here at lunch time on our last day as we thought it a good idea to have a buffet lunch.
We were seated right away in a nice quiet room just around from the food area.
There was a great selection for starters, I really enjoyed the chick peas and the lentils. The couscous had tuna in it though :headache:
For mains there seemed to be plenty of options, turkey kebabs, pasta, couscous, halal meat etc. I filled my plate with a little of everything. Unfortuanatly I did not enjoy any of this section, and neither did any of my party.
For puddings there again seemed to be a good selection, I enjoyed the coconut pie the best.

The themeing of the restaurant is amazing, probably the best and most immersive I've come across and was a nice change to get away from the fast food you normally come across at every food place at DLP.

We ate here for lunch on Friday 8th October. This restaurant is sooo beautiful inside, its an attraction in itself. I had a bit of everything I think, salads, rice, honeyed carrots, for starter, then the most amazing butternut squash soup, it was so creamy :love:. I had a little moussaka, meatballs, some halal meat in pitta with salad, spiced potatoes, all lovely. I couldn't manage dessert after that! DD had some rice and salad, then some pasta in tomato sauce and some chicken. We were both completely stuffed when we left, loved this restaurant, well worth the money and still one of the cheapest buffets in the resort.

152.jpg

153.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

We ate here the evening of Thursday 11th November.

This really is a hidden gem and we'd certainly go back. I'm afraid I've no photos as I was too busy eating!

The theming is superb- you really feel like you're eating in the back streets of Agrabah and the food was all lovely.

There was a varied selection of salads including, beetroot, honey glalzed carrots, chickpea salad and lentil salad- all a welcome change from the usual choice!

The boys both enjoyed their meal (pasta with tomato sauce) and were very enthusiastic about the setting- both are huge Aladddin fans.

I really enjoyed some tasty succulent chicken- I really don't know how they cooked it but it was one of my favourite dishes of the trip. DH cleaned his plate too.

The desserts were really really good-especially the beautiful coconut tart, peacan pie, fresh fruit- including DS favourite-strawberries and the crepes- oh my, they were great and by the fruit was a chocolate sauce you could spoon on top.

We all thoroughly enjoyed this meal and agreed it was one of the best - and it was the cheapest of our reservations!
This will be a "must do" meal for us if ever we are able to return to DLRP.

We ate here in Dec 2010. Food was OK although a bit samey for me (I don't eat meat, only fish). Most of the choice was salad and given it was freezing in the restaurant I didn't fancy it much! Puddings were absolutely gorgeous so filled up on those. Reasonable value for money but would not go again.

We ate here in May 2011. went with my DDs (age 11 and 3) and best mate (veggy) and her DD age 7- fussy eater...

I loved the decor, the atmosphere is unique but I guess it could feel a bit open on a winters day, it really does feel like you're outside in a market.

BM and I were chuffed with our carafe of wine for E5!!!!! we almost had a 2nd one but decided against it! LOL

BM was pleased with the variety of foods she copuld have, lots of salad, couscous etc options. She had about 3 plastes full....

I enjoyed meaty terrine things I wopuldn't normally try, and the salads and couscous were fab!!!

Dd11 ate her way through SO MUCH food that she wouldn't eat her burger in annettes that night! I think she went back to the buffet about 4 times... the warm flatbreads seemed to geta bashing...

my DD3 ate some 'tiny rice' couscous LOL that was plain, had some salad and veg, and filled up with puds (pancakes and choc sauces fondue style as I remember)

DMs DD7 was really tricky..... ate a sausage and some plain bread. and an apple. Wouldn't countenance trying anything else......

It was a shame as I really wanted to try the puds but was stuffed!!!!!

In summary:
Atmosphere: fab (though a little draughty?)
Theming: fab
Food: fab for adults and braver eaters among the kids, fussy eaters maybe not.
Value: Totally fab!!

am I going back this time??? YOU BET

As promised we DID go back this time- twice!

My Mother was so impressed she requested it for her 'last (disney) meal'

The restaurant was much busier than I had previously seen it, with all the seperate rooms occupied.

In light of recent posts I paid special attention to the atmosphere, it was not cold or draughty when we were there- in fact the clever way it is laid out makes the big restauarant feel very intimate.

DD2 (age 4) was much braver with her oof choices this time, having some of the cold pasta starter as well as the inevitable tomatoes and cucumber chunks. She loves the warm pitta breads. She then devourdes some of the warm pasta, meat balls and couscoas. Plus some of my kebab meat.

Dd1 (age 12) enjoyed the pasta and meatballs as well as the couscous, kebabs and tomatoes and cucumber. She tried some kebab with 'white sauce' too but being 12 now I could hardly persuade her to let anthying green pass her lips! LOL

Mother and me enjoyed massive plates of starters, I ODd on the chick peas a bit I think, and as usual the lamb terrnie etc was gorgeous!

I did learn my lesson though- and leave space for the sweet pastries and the coconut tart (my fav) plus some gorgeous orange salad and fruit salad.

Lovely food, great value, wonderful setting.
Highly recommended!

Ate here April 25th - I'd managed to convince the parents it was worth a punt, the rain helped somewhat.

The only major problem, drinks seem to cost even more than they usually do in the parks. They come in pretty small glasses too. The Buffet has now gone up to 23 euro for adults too.

The pros have been covered here and nothing much has changed there. Lots of great exotic options to try, the food is fantastic even if it's not stuff you would normally go for. My personal faves were the lamb tegine, Cinnamon spiced Orange and Saffron Biscuits : )

It won't be for everyone, my parents preferred the buffet offerings of Plaza Gardens and Parkside Diner, but considering they balked at the price of those this trip, this was good enough for them. Worth doing at least once for the excitement of trying new things and talking about it. Great environment too.

Using the 20% birthday offer I went here on the 6th of August :bday: with OH for a meal around 1.30 pm

It's now 23.90€ for adults ( and 11,90€ for children) and we also had a 50cl carafe of wine for 8€

We didn't take pictures as I wanted to enjoy my meal but it all looks very similiar to the others above :)

I had lentil salad, cooked carrots and honey salad (this was really nice), beetroot with cumin seeds, houmous (nice and lemony), cold roasted vegetables, tabbouleh and a chickpea and cumin salad.

There were also plain salad choices like tomatos, cucumbers, grated carrot, lettuce,pasta salad (which OH said was over cooked), olives galore

I then had a couple of meatballs and some little roasted spicy potatoes and a bit more houmous

There was also meat moussaka and a végé lasagna type dish. Merguez sausages, chicken and kebab meat. Couscous and its vegetables. Hot pasta and I think lamb

Lots of different sauces - the harissa was authentic and the white sauce was very good. Pita bread but not the real Middle Eastern kind sadly

For dessert I took 3 pieces of baklava to try each one ;) and a bit of a salad of orange slices in cinamon which was lovely and fresh.

There was also crepes, coconut pie, a sort of gateau basque, chocolate sauce/liquid pudding and a fresh mixed fruit salad

We had a lovely time and spent a long moment in the restaurant - We never felt rushed, all the cms from the greeter, to the cashier, the waitresses and the people behind the food counters were pleasant and when asked for something didn't let you wait long.

The buffet was replenished frequently and everything looked clean.

There were no flies in the chocolate sauce which was my main worry :rotfl:

Carrie,

I can't believe it but we ate in the restaurant the very same day. In fact you must have been in the restaurant when I was making my dinner reservations for that evening.

I'm sorry to say that the buffet was not in the same condition when we ate there that evening at 630. I wish I had spent more time reading about the selection for the kids as there really wasn't much, aside from pasta which was barely luke warm. I just don't understand why they don't have more kid's options at all the buffets? There should just be some sort of standard kid fare at all of them (nuggets / pasta / pizza), or at least post the menu's outside so patrons will know whether or not they want to pay for the meal. As it is, you just have to pay up front and take your chance.

The buffet had most of the items that Carrie mentioned above but there was only 2 meats. There was a halal kebab meat (or shwarma meat as some have called it) and chicken legs. The kebab meat itself was pretty good, in line with most other kebab meat I've had, though I would say it had a bit more flavor along with a bit more grease. The pita bread though was just plain bad. I ate only a single bite and no more. It was dry, cold, and hard.

The plain couscous was okay, if a bit on the dry side, but was nice to soak up the grease from the kebab meat. The white kebab sauce was okay, but not great. The chicken legs were pretty good, thankefully, as that was about all I could get the kids to eat, and only 1 each at that. They had a little of the kebab meat but not much.

The desserts were exactly as Carrie mentioned above, though I think she would agree that the crepes were definitely of a low standard. Having said that, with the limited kid's choices, the crepes were a savior as that was one of the few things the kids would actually eat. I think they had 3 or 4 each. I was a little bit dissapointed to see plain bottles of sauces for the crepes, I would hope for something a little more "gourmet" or at least to have some hazelnut spread? The chocolate sauce / pudding stuff was pretty good, though I'm not sure what it's suppossed to be? Is it pudding or chocolate sauce?

As mentioned, the hostess was friendly as were the cooks, but the waitstaff was nowhere to be found. Oh yeah, as we were paying I had just entered my EC card pin when I realized that I forgot to mention we had annual passes and should get a discount. I pulled out the passes but the cashier simply stated "sorry, we can't change it now". Also, the method of payment is very strange, whereby you enter the restaurant and pay for your meal and drinks before being seated. I suppose this makes it easier for the restaurant, however, with no waitstaff you would be forced to walk back up to the cashier and pay cash for a second drink. I started to do exactly that but the line was too long as people were beginning to come in for the dinner run.

The atmosphere of the restaurant would probably have been very nice except that we were seated right by the main entrance door, which also meant we were seated by the main exit so it wasn't very enveloping. Some of the other tables in the back looked very cozy and inviting, but we didn't get to enjoy that.

Overall I just can't recommend the restaurant at the prices charged. Obviously there is limited choice in the Disney Parks and if you absolutely don't want to eat at a counter service restaurant then this place is okay, perhaps even good if you really like the vegetable offerings. It is priced similarly to all the other Disney buffets at around 85 Euro for 2 adults and 2 kids. When compared to the other Disney buffets, the food is definitely different and it's a good change of pace, but the dessert buffet is limited and forget about the kids.

Went back again for lunch on the 2nd of September 2012 and we were again greeted by a really friendly CM and after telling them that we hadn't reserved we were told to come back in 15 mins.

Got a bit worried that it was going to be rammed but when we returned at 12.45 ish we were sent through to pay and we could see that the line at the buffet wasn't bad at all.

We were seated in a new section to us - excuse the darkish photo but I didn't want to use flash

016-5.jpg

The choices were as before on my previous visit back in August and everything was constantly filled up and tidied by a couple of staff plus a "chef" was ou looking at it all.

We shared plates of starters

015-5.jpg

You have from top going clockwise - Chickpea salad with cumin, riz salad with roasted veg, tabouleh (shame it's not the Lebanese sort), houmous, :goodvibes, couple of little spicy potatoes from the main section, cold cooked carrottes salad with honey dressing and stoneless olives (both very tasty)

And again we shared mains plus we had side plates of green salad, tomatoes and cucumber

018-8.jpg

Here you have beef mousaka, spinach lasagna, those potatoes again and some sultanas that were sweet and gooey - very nice :thumbsup2 OH also had a merguez sausage which he thought wasn't bad

And to finish up

019-9.jpg

Fresh fruit salad, saffron biscuit (not over keen on it, a bit dry for me) and baklava :goodvibes

So again a good meal and we will be back again :thumbsup2

Hi All,

I ate here for lunch cause I heard so many great things and I was quite disappointed.

The starters of lentils, couscous, hummus etc were nice and the baklava at desert was yummy but everything else was mediocre at best.

The meatballs and sausage were not good, the pasta wasn't hot, the kebabs were passable but nothing to rave about and most of the deserts were tarts with fruit (including prunes yuk lol) which isn't to my taste.

A real shame as the themeing was lovely and service was good.

K.

Anyone been here recently? We are thinking about doing this restaurant in November. :)

I'd be interested in hearing any recent reviews too! Especially to see if there's any more choice for kids? I am desperate to try this place but I know my girls won't eat anything if there aren't any alternative options on the buffet for them.

Enjoyed eating there today with a group of friends. This is one of my favorite buffet restaurants, certainly the buffet that I like the most in the parks. Due to various reasons, we didn't go there for a few months, and we were pleasantly surprised.

First, I enjoy drinking a beer in DLP restaurants, and Agrabah Café used to be one of the few restaurants that did not offer draught beer. They do now offer 25cl or 50cl beer.

We were greeted by a cast that was outstanding: as I said, we were a group of 10 adults, which is rather large for this restaurant (maximum seating is 13 guests IIRC). Our greeter was so friendly we welt immediately charmed by the place: he explained to our guests in great detail the story behind Agrabah, the different places in the world from where food was taken, and the relations to the Disney movies. It was as magic as it would have been if an Imagineer would have greeted us!

Next, the food: we didn't notice anything changed from our last visits, so the other threads in this topic should still be accurate.

Last, there is a steep price increase over the last years, as Agrabah costed us 30,99€ per adult (weekend price during French holidays, actual price may vary when you visit). The idea is to adjust the price to Plaza Garden, and Agrabah now features a non-alcoholic drink (soda, juices, still or sparkling water).

Overall, this was a pleasant experience. If you can afford it, and do not mind that kind of food, you should definitively give Agrabah a try!

We had lunch at the Agrabah on 15 June 2017. We had a reservation and only waited about 10-15 min for our table. It was very crowded and the non reservation line backed up to outside the door by the time we finished our meal.

Since the last review that I see in the thread the price has increased- €32.99 for adults and €17.99 for children. Buffets no longer seem to include a drink anywhere in the parks unless you have the old meal plan prior to the March change. I'm not sure how the new plans work. We had the old ones so drinks were included.

We visited in Feb of 2016 and the food hasn't changed to much from then. We noticed more variety and less sweets/desserts. There are also a lot more healthier options such as fresh fruits and juices and less fried foods. Starter area included a variety of salads, couscous, chickpeas, and lentils. There was a 'kebab' station with fresh pita bread and sauces. Quite a lot of rotisserie and grilled options as well as several vegetarian choices. Some of the food might be too exotic for children but they did have kid friendly options of nuggets, star shaped fried potatoes, and hot dogs. Nothing was terribly spicy.

Overall we really enjoyed this place. It is one of our favourite spots to visit and increasingly difficult to get an evening reservation for. The themeing is really charming and hasn't changed much from the photos already posted. The cast members were all very helpful and friendly. We have never had a problem with the food and always found it really tasty. As a diabetic I was really happy to see the lighter and lower carb choices. We left feeling satisfied but not sickly full which was a good thing considering the heat that week.

We ate there on Sept 22, i went to City Hall first thing after we got into the park on the 21 and was told it was fully booked but then the CM rang them and could find us a table for the last service of 3.30 pm the day after.

I had never tried it and was really keen on doing that, the food is good and various, of course you have to love cous cous and kebabs but the choice of meet, poultry and veggie was pretty good, the hummus lovely and so the cakes even though they taste quite the same (figs and dates are inside most of them).
There was a good choice of fresh fruit too.
Keep in mind that as it is a buffet you have to queue to get your food and sometimes the queue is long.

You pay upon arrival and don't know if it was that day or always, we were asked to pay via credit card because it was not possible to use money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!