Air Canada ? Anyone carried on a guitar?

erinlynn2020

elleindisneyland
Curious if anyone has carried on a guitar on Air Canada, I’d like to take one for my granddaughter.

I was on an AC flight this week and saw two people with guitars. One gate-checked it and the other purchased a separate seat.

From the FIM (musician's association) web site: String instruments (e.g. guitars, violins and violas) can be carried on board — even if their dimensions slightly exceed Air Canada’s carry-on size requirements — as long as they fit in the overhead bin and there is space available in the cabin at time of boarding, or you have purchased a seat to accommodate them.

https://www.fim-musicians.org/airline/air-canada/
I don't think a standard-sized guitar "slightly" exceeds the carry-on size requirements.

I was on an AC flight this week and saw two people with guitars. One gate-checked it and the other purchased a separate seat.

From the FIM (musician's association) web site: String instruments (e.g. guitars, violins and violas) can be carried on board — even if their dimensions slightly exceed Air Canada’s carry-on size requirements — as long as they fit in the overhead bin and there is space available in the cabin at time of boarding, or you have purchased a seat to accommodate them.

https://www.fim-musicians.org/airline/air-canada/
I don't think a standard-sized guitar "slightly" exceeds the carry-on size requirements.
Thanks! This is a child sized so it sounds like (hopefully) I can gate check it

DH traveled with his guitar on Air Canada at least twice (once first class on the way back from Seoul and once in economy from Japan) and never had any issue keeping it in the overhead bin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!