Air refunds if price lowers?

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
I've read that some people can request and get a refund on the difference of plane tickets if airfare goes down after you purchase your tickets. What airlines do this? I'm curious as I booked Airtran and theirs went down $15 each way. I called and asked and they thought I was crazy! LOL Apparently they don't but I'm curious as to which ones do. Thanks!:D

Delta will just issue a voucher. I'm not sure about the other airlines, but I don't think there are many that will give a refund.

We have done this with Delta at least three times. You get a voucher, but it has to be used within a certain amount of time. Once we got $50 each - when we used them, it was like buy two tickets, get one free. The only downside is you have to go to a Delta counter to buy your tickets - can't use them for internet sales.

Northwest does it, too.

In December, I went online and noticed the fares for the flights I was going to be on went down $174. I called the 800 number and I was issued a voucher to be used like cash on a future flight
No questions asked....no problems getting it from them, either
It arrived in the mail about 5 days later.

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

Continental will not issue a voucher without paying the $100 per ticket change fee on non-refundable tickets. My fare went from $211 to $175 and they would not issue a voucher...without charging the $100 per ticket fee.

Flight on UAL went down $85, called them and they adjusted the fare and said they'd send travel voucher, no cash refund but also no charge to lower the fare.

Delta will issue a voucher. If it is on an E-ticket they will simply credit the voucher when you call to book your next flight. Very simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter