Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I have a question about " should I hound for my missing miles "

Earlier this month, when we were paying our bills...we went to go pay our BMO card, and we noticed a " funny charge " that we couldn't remember what it was for. It was a charge for 295 and change for a " Google *KT Enterprises " with a 1-888 phone number. We called BMO and they said it was for a yearly subscription. We said that was not us making that charge. So they refunded us that money and cancelled the card. They sent us a new card....great!!!!

Well....our AM for this month were just placed into my account...we are missing about 400 miles because of the cancelled card. The miles that they awarded us are from the new card that we have used. Will I even get the miles from that cancelled card....or am I just wasting my time by pursuing the missing miles?

For 400 miles these days I would be pursuing it. That's $4000 in spending..... Do you have a printout of the statement (for the old card) before it was cancelled.

Good luck getting anyone at BMO to know anything about the airmiles program though. Give it a shot but don't be surprised if you hit a roadblock.

Just had my Shell offer post for the 3 weeks purchases, didn't get the miles for hubby's pop though -- not sure if I'll fight or not, it's 20 miles

ok, I know I'm not the only HBC person here, anyone else freaking out over a massive transfer of points you didn't have from hbc to airmiles ???
got an email at 2 am letting me know that 53,000 points, worth $246 were transferred leaving me with -51470 in my account?!
checked my airmiles account first, nothing there, then checked my HBC account and sure enough, it's got the huge negative balance .
I'll be calling them to see what's going on, I sure as heck don't want them trying to get the value of those points back 😱
Got a similar email with -16,000 points. Checked HBC a account and it’s negative. Let me know if you get through to them and what they say.

After an hour on hold (no worries i put the phone on speaker and got lost down the rabbit hole of YouTube:surfweb:) hubby came down to see if the phone was off the hook cause it was flashing at him I decided to try their online chat. I've had lousy luck with it before, always ending in needing to call for a resolution, but this time, while I'm still annoyed, at least they sorta answered.

For the Shell 3-week bonus event, my AM for the first and third were posted on the Monday. I was planning to chase miles then realized that DH didn’t keep the last receipt. Just wanted to give up and found the bonus 50 AM had been posted already. What a pleasant surprise!:flower:

For the Shell 3-week bonus event, my AM for the first and third were posted on the Monday. I was planning to chase miles then realized that DH didn’t keep the last receipt. Just wanted to give up and found the bonus 50 AM had been posted already. What a pleasant surprise!:flower:

I find Shell sneaky, since it's usually only 1 AM at a time they just kind of pop up and I over look them, llike they are back dated or something. Glad you got your bonus without issue though!

@Donald - my hero How do I remove my air miles number? I don't know if I want them to be transferred over now.
I'm thinking you're talking about HBC account? The situation has been fixed btw, my account is back to the spot it was yesterday.

If you go to THIS PAGE you can either start or stop the weekly transfer of points to airmiles

ETA .. i tried stopping mine to make sure that is the correct page and when i tried to start it again it wants my HBC account PIN -- i don't have one?!
***ETA again, i was able to reset my PIN thru an email link, poof switched back to transferring again

Last edited:
Mel: it’s almost Bonus Boom time!

From October 1–14, 2020, you can rake in the AIR MILES Bonus Miles along with your purchases, in-store and online, at participating Partners.

By opting in now, you can start to pile up Bonus Miles with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard the minute the promotion starts

Email I just got
Hugs Mel

A little more info on the Bonus Boom promotion: (from the BMO offer)

* Between October 1 and 14, 2020, Collectors must make eligible purchases at participating AIR MILES® Partners using 3 or more different AIR MILES Bonus Boom® Bonus Offers (“Bonus Offers”) and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 95 Bonus Miles. Criteria, offer periods and spend frequency may vary for each Bonus Offer. Please see the Terms and Conditions of each unique Bonus Offer for specific details. Bonus Offers are available airmiles.ca/BonusBoom. Limit of one (1) Bonus Offer per Collector Number. Visit airmiles.ca/BonusBoom for full details. Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.
®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

Looks like. The individual offers may actually end up being the big haul. Oh well, with AM so far and few between these days I'll take whatever I can get.

I think Sobeys is moving away from flyer offers and much more towards targeted offers. Don't know which way I prefer. I've had to switch to a new store as the one I used is closing next week. It's a whole new routine and I don't like a lot of change.

Mel: it’s almost Bonus Boom time!

From October 1–14, 2020, you can rake in the AIR MILES Bonus Miles along with your purchases, in-store and online, at participating Partners.

By opting in now, you can start to pile up Bonus Miles with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard the minute the promotion starts

View attachment 528110

Email I just got
Hugs Mel

I got the same email offer.
but when I click on the opt in early button, it brings me to another page that says I don’t qualify for the offer?!? Then why did they send it to me,lol.
Anyone else have this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter