Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've got a question about the current airmiles hub offer. I'm looking for a room that would fall into the $100-299 range, so I would get 250 bonus airmiles. If I look up a hotel and right now it says the cost is $147 CDN and 390 bonus airmiles, does this mean that if I book it, I would end up getting just the 390 AM, or would I get 390+250 = 640 AM? It never says whether it's including the current bonus offer that's available.

390 includes the bonus 250 AM.

I've got a question about the current airmiles hub offer. I'm looking for a room that would fall into the $100-299 range, so I would get 250 bonus airmiles. If I look up a hotel and right now it says the cost is $147 CDN and 390 bonus airmiles, does this mean that if I book it, I would end up getting just the 390 AM, or would I get 390+250 = 640 AM? It never says whether it's including the current bonus offer that's available.
Here's a couple of screenshots to show you what's happening
first the quote
upload_2017-6-23_23-26-33.png
then onto the booking page and you'll see this
upload_2017-6-23_23-27-35.png
And finally you'll see a breakdown of the miles once you go to check out
upload_2017-6-23_23-30-20.png

390 includes the bonus 250 AM.

I don't think it does.

Here's a couple of screenshots to show you what's happening
first the quote
View attachment 246759
then onto the booking page and you'll see this
View attachment 246760
And finally you'll see a breakdown of the miles once you go to check out
View attachment 246761

I never went any further and if I choose the room, I don't get anything indicating 500 bonus miles.

I went and found a hotel which would cost me $259 CDN and it was only giving me 50 bonus airmiles. Went to the page for booking it and it still said 50 AM, no 500 bonus. Maybe I have to be logged into airmiles first in order to get the bonus? I'll try that.

Yep - had to log in first, then the bonus was added - 640 AM instead of 390. Good to know.

We had our first fairly decent shop at Metro in a LONG time yesterday!
  • 3 kinds of Orville Redenbacher's popcorn -- $10.00 got 30 AM
  • 3 boxes of granola bars -- $7.00 got 15 AM
  • Lysol bathroom cleaner - $3.49 & Oyxclean whitener $4.99 -- part of a buy 2 get 10 AM
  • SEVERAL items i had no idea had miles attached plus our targeted
Spent $76.71 and snagged 73 AM which is miles above last week: spent $80.44 and snagged a measly 12 miles :crazy2:

I had such a good shop at Metro just now. Everything I needed / wanted to pick up was in stock. Also found a tear off pad coupon for a free box of Quaker chewy bars with purchase of $5 worth of Quaker products (I was already going to be spending $7 to get the 15AM).

Spent $81.71 and got 138 AM total incl. base miles (Ottawa ON)
  • Cateli pasta 3/5.00 + 5AM when you buy 3
  • Quaker chewy bars 3/7.00 + 15AM when you buy 3 (plus an extra box for free thanks to the coupon in the aisle!)
  • VH Sauces 2.49 ea + 30AM when you buy 3
  • Orville Reddenbacher popcorn 3/10.00 + 30AM when you buy 3
  • Healthy Choice steamers 3/10.00 + 30AM when you buy 3
  • Hidden Valley Ranch dressing 2.99 + 5AM when you buy 2 (not the best promo but I use this dressing all the time)
  • McCain frozen fries 3.99 + 3AM when you buy 1 *Metro App Coupon* (also not the best promo but we always buy these too)
  • Olivieri fresh pasta sauce 4.99 + 5AM when you buy 1 *Metro app coupon*
  • Fruitopia (Minute Maid frozen juice) 1.29 + 3AM *Metro app coupon*
I'm happy with this trip - my biggest AM grocery trip since I started strategically collecting in May!!

I do plan to quickly go to Sobeys later this week to get the Dempster's bagels (buy 3 get 25AM) deal. MyOffers this week were no good. :(

I'm in the same boat as you Debbie, my freezer is full, that's why I have decided on the tortillas instead of the bagels. They take up less space and I'm sure I can slip them in somehow.
So I managed to get 6 tortillas to slip into the freezer. Interesting that the smaller tortilla didn't ring through properly (price). So the cashier manually corrected the price. Unfortunately, the AM points didn't come through on those. Luckily, I checked before I left and got those 25 points. Ended up with 89 points for my shop. :thumbsup2

Is there a current $5 off digital coupon for Rexall?
I do my best to keep both of the current Rexall coupons in the first post so if you're looking for one and can't get a quick response like you did tonight,you could take a peek there. If i see the link posted i *try* to remember to move it so that it doesn't get lost.

I don't know if anyone has posted this already, so I apologize in advance but I just saw that Airmiles has the text offer with Shell again (offer valid Jun 26 to July 5). It looks to be the same as last time:

Text SHELL to 111222 to choose one of two great offers!

Save 5¢ per litre on up to 100 L of fuel.*

OR

Get up to 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles. Get 5 Bonus Miles on every $10 you spend.**

Text your choice by July 5, 2017! Your offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card for you to use from July 14 until July 27.

Here's how simple it is to choose your offer:

1. Text the word SHELL to the phone number 111222 before July 5, 2017. Standard message rates apply.

2. You will then be asked to provide your AIR MILES® Card Number. Enter it and send that as a follow-up text message.

3. Choose which offer you would like to get:
Text A if you would like to get 5¢ off per litre on up to 100 L of fuel.
Text B if you would like to get 5 AIR MILES Bonus Miles for every $10 you spend, up to a maximum of 50 Bonus Miles.

4. Your offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card and ready to use between July 14 and July 27, 2017.

Ok since I am on a roll.
I had a decent trip to Rexall last week. Spent $49, got 110 AM. Managed to get some loot bag nailpolish on sale for daughter's bday. (I try to be super careful w Rexall bc they are more expensive than our usual stores).
Went to dinner last night with the in-laws and my FIL was talking about his recent score at Shoppers Drug Mart for bonus points and my husband tried to take credit for our score at Rexall!

Airmiles collecting is contagious. Dinner talk last night, my oldest son was proudly telling us about his trip to Metro and his AM total there. This is the son who used to laugh and roll his eyes at my obsession. (I've raised him well!):love:

Went to Safeway today, spent $56, got 2 airmiles. :rotfl2:

I did my weekly shopping there. There were some items there that I can't get at our no frills...and I HATE going to our stupidstore as most of the items I am needing are just not there. I'm beyond frustrated with our one location.
I spent 112 and nabbed 172 miles at Safeway this week. I didn't have a great haul of pc points this week. Seemed my offers were for items I already had in the pantry or freezer. Hopefully next week we get some good points...and hopefully a Blue Friday coming this weekend or next!

Load 'n go bonus message is in today's email again. Geez, those guys. I think I'll go buy some pringles and get my 10 bonus miles and see if it works this week.
I didn't get an e-mail today -- is the wording any different this go-round or is it just as muddly-clear as before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter