Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So far I've 'bought' 20 certificates ($2k) - I'm stashing them away for our trip to Greece next year. My hubby didn't think I'd be able to get the $2k worth by the end of the year, you should have seen his face when I told him I got the $2k, and now working on $3k! Like you, I only buy stuff that we need/use, with one caveat - on Blue Fridays, I'll buy extra for the food bank.

I thought the vouchers could only be used for Vacation packages or Cruises? Is your trip to Greece a package?

The problem I have with the certificates is you have to book in person, I prefer to do it online. Finding time to go to a travel agent, dragging kiddo along, is not my idea of planning a fun vacation! I am saving up, but not sure what exactly for yet. Could be flights, or Disney tickets, or... something at Christmas? I do really love my little carry on I got. I need a trip to use it on :)

I thought the vouchers could only be used for Vacation packages or Cruises? Is your trip to Greece a package?

Yes - it's a package through Air Transat that we'll be booking with Marlin Travel. We'll fly from Calgary to Toronto on either Avion points or Westjet dollars, then the package kicks in from Toronto to Athens. The package is called Islands and Legends, and looks amazing. I'm just waiting for their "Europe vacations team" to get their poop in a group and publish pricing for 2019. I can also book a tour with Trafalgar through Marlin, but I think their prices are higher than Transat will be.

The problem I have with the certificates is you have to book in person, I prefer to do it online. Finding time to go to a travel agent, dragging kiddo along, is not my idea of planning a fun vacation! I am saving up, but not sure what exactly for yet. Could be flights, or Disney tickets, or... something at Christmas? I do really love my little carry on I got. I need a trip to use it on :)

I prefer to book myself too. Actually, I thought Air Miles was supposed to be adding that feature this year, but so far nada. We have a Marlin Travel about 10 minutes from our house, so that's not so bad. I don't have a kiddo to drag along, but I do have my husband to drag along, hahaha :rotfl2:

Oh wow. I didn't realize they would work for those type of packages! Hmmm, this opens a whole new world of possibilities...

When I first started researching it I went into Marlin to find out, and was told I can use as many certificates I can save for, with the exception of the deposit and GST which have to be paid in 'cash'.

We did a Mediterranean cruise in 2015, and I've been bugging my hubby to go back to Greece ever since. This is the tour we're looking at:

https://www.transat.com/en-CA/Europ...nerary&gateway=YUL&day=sun&tiles=Europe_18_19

If I book a DCL cruise with Marlin, pay the deposit cash then could I use certificates to pay the balance?

Yes, that is my understanding, tax has to be paid in cash as well. Since I'm new to the whole travel certificates I'd go in and talk to them, just to be on the safe side. I've read other websites and on facebook that other people have paid for their Disney cruise with air miles travel certificates.

That tour looks AMAZING! We would love to do something like that but my stupid dietary issues really put a kink in things

When I first started researching it I went into Marlin to find out, and was told I can use as many certificates I can save for, with the exception of the deposit and GST which have to be paid in 'cash'.

Very cool. I dismissed the travel vouchers as an option for us because I thought they were capped.

As per the Cash Miles Marlin T&C:
“Acceptance of eVoucher at Marlin travel locations is capped at $400 per person, per booking.”

That tour looks awesome.

Very cool. I dismissed the travel vouchers as an option for us because I thought they were capped.

As per the Cash Miles Marlin T&C:
“Acceptance of eVoucher at Marlin travel locations is capped at $400 per person, per booking.”

That tour looks awesome.
Those terms are for e-vouchers you get from CASH miles -- the vouchers you get for redeeming DREAM miles have these terms: --copied from the Marlin site
You can use your Dream Miles to get a Travel Certificate(s) in a $100 denomination that can be used at Marlin Travel towards your purchase of a new Package Vacation or Cruise excluding taxes and fees, and travel insurance. Travel Certificates do not expire, you can use them anytime. You can use as many Travel Certificates as you wish towards your travel purchase

upload_2018-8-16_23-41-43.png

Happy Friday everyone! I know I’m happy to at least get 100 bonus AM for my usual grocery spend tonight :)

Since the MyOffers Spend x get x worked in combo with the coupon 2 weeks ago I wonder if it will work again for me tonight?! Would be sweet!

Really hoping that they will get the PVC website out this year. Would prefer to book that way than with vouchers as we don't have a participating travel agency here in Prince George and I found my miles went farther with the old PVC booking process :(

Dang - the hotel I was hoping to stay at (Doubletree Disney Springs) on our Nov 2019 WDW trip in the AM rewards is now up by 4000 over the same time this year. 20K plus AM! Looks like I will be going with my second choice.

I couldn't find any dates for 9 nights in 2019 until recently and of course they shot right up.

Wait and watch they will be up and down. The sweet spot for a lot of US travel is 6 months out. Book something you are OK with that you can cancel and wait and watch for the AM to come down.

Those terms are for e-vouchers you get from CASH miles -- the vouchers you get for redeeming DREAM miles have these terms: --copied from the Marlin site
You can use your Dream Miles to get a Travel Certificate(s) in a $100 denomination that can be used at Marlin Travel towards your purchase of a new Package Vacation or Cruise excluding taxes and fees, and travel insurance. Travel Certificates do not expire, you can use them anytime. You can use as many Travel Certificates as you wish towards your travel purchase

View attachment 344361
Wow! I didn’t even know about these. Awesome!

They had cookies and gave me extras

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Enjoyed my stay and had alot of fun with the sons.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter