Airmiles Mega Miles BONUS MILES HAVE POSTED!!

Reminder to everyone. Check your AM Cash balances and make sure you have enough for 1 or 2 redemptions in case one of the offers is a redemption offer. If I remember correctly there weren't any as part of March Mega miles but there might be one this time. If not Airmiles seems to have "Use 95AM Cash get X AM" fairly regularly these days.

To be honest, I am disappointed they are offering this. We are high risk and therefore avoiding doing anything in person unless there is no choice. That means we shop online and grocery shop by curbside pickup. Sobeys, Metro, and Foodland have failed to come into the modern age and offer curbside pickup or delivery, so we no longer shop there [we make a rare exception for Sobeys because there are a couple things they sell that nobody else does so when we run out it is a quick in and out shop to stock up on those items only].

We should manage two of the shops [Shell, airmilesshops], which will get some nice points due to the offers, but I can't see managing to make even the 3 needed for the bonus miles. :-(

Looking forward to a year and something from now when this is no longer an issue !

SW

To be honest, I am disappointed they are offering this. We are high risk and therefore avoiding doing anything in person unless there is no choice. That means we shop online and grocery shop by curbside pickup. Sobeys, Metro, and Foodland have failed to come into the modern age and offer curbside pickup or delivery, so we no longer shop there [we make a rare exception for Sobeys because there are a couple things they sell that nobody else does so when we run out it is a quick in and out shop to stock up on those items only].

We should manage two of the shops [Shell, airmilesshops], which will get some nice points due to the offers, but I can't see managing to make even the 3 needed for the bonus miles. :-(

Looking forward to a year and something from now when this is no longer an issue !

SW

Pets or kids? Global petfood should have an offer and they offer curbside pickup, Children's Place usually does as well and you can order online. Not sure of others, we will have to see!

I’m of two minds about this, too. On one hand, I don’t love incentivizing people to do even more non-essential shopping. On the other, I feel glad to have something more normal. I feel like I’ll get to 5 on my main card without shopping more than I currently am.

My guess:
1. MasterCard/AmEx
2. Shell
3. Safeway
4. Sobeys Liquor
5. airmilesshops

We’ll see what the offers are...I’m really not inclined to jump through hoops, but if the offers aren’t too bad I’ll definitely participate.

Hmmm now how to do this

talk sons into making airmiles online shop ( should be an easy one)
Sobeys/Foodland
Shell (not using much gas these days).maybe an instore treat.
Liquor store
Rona or Lowes OR talk to my *Ottawa friend about a fair trade deal*,,lol.

so 13 days till we start,,come on Mega Miles!!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I think Sobeys is just starting a new delivery service as my local store is hiring drivers and I they have signs up for a new service called Voila. Just fyi...

I think I received an email about their launch. I like that they fulfill orders out of a warehouse, and not from the local store where inventory can be depleted by the time the order is actually filled for delivery/pickup.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...nline-grocery-shopping-is-here-811905599.html

I'm crossing my fingers for a Foodland/Sobeys giftcard promo. It's been a really long time since they had one...

Thrifty Foods finally had one a few weeks ago but instead of the $200/200AM, max 5x it was $150/100AM , max 5x.

I still did the max and a couple of years ago we didn't even have these gift card promos but still, it was annoying to spend 75% as before and get 50% of the airmiles!

I just took a walk down memory lane and read thru this thread from the beginning and watched us discuss the arrival of COVID-19 measures being taken for shopping (or not as the case actually was!)
Here's 2 of my posts and wow, not much has changed!!

I'm thinking I need to add one more thing to my list in the first post:
please don't let the pursuit of airmiles override the urgency of social distancing required to flatten the curve!

off my soap box now and back to my blanket fort with a can of tuna, a bowl of frozen blueberries and a big glass of milk while I "watch" the list of recommended Netflix titles (I swear somedays I spend more time deciding what to watch than I do actually watching something!)
I'm gonna go off my usual method of posting here and make a post that is completely MY OPINION, I have zero facts to back up my thoughts. Take it with a huge grain of salt!!!

They will get released at 00:00:01 same as usual on Thursday I'm expecting. If we see anything else before that point it's gonna be about the timeline or possible postponement. Since Ontario is now under a state of emergency that means several stores aren't going to be open or well stocked. I also don't think it's wise for them to be encouraging shopping when the government is saying, STAY HOME

Current me agrees with past me's recommendations to not let the pursuit of the miles override the fact that we still need to socially distance but add on that now we need to slap a mask on as well!

I'm STILL spending far too much time deciding what to watch because most of what i started in March I've already plowed thru!! Too hot for a blanket fort now and my menu is much wider now -- only eat tuna when i'm too lazy to cook something else :P

They waited until just over 36 hours was left before they cancelled the promo and all i can say is WOW!

I'll keep the first page updated as more info becomes available but we won't be doing much to hunt down any extra miles, I'm not going to contribute to the spread.

Just saw this in an email to DH. It was for a M/C CC and the Mega Miles. The interesting part is the extra 400AM you can earn using your BMO M/C and spending at participating retailers.

View attachment 514909
I got that email too. I had assumed that the bonus of the thousand or the 400 was for a new card, not for use on our old card. Are you reading it that these Miles will be for people who already have cards?

The bonus of 1000 is for using 5 coupons. The bonus of 400 is for opting in and putting $500 of spending on your card. There was an additional amount in the email for the "new card" bonus. The 400 AM isn't out of line with what they have offered in the past.

I just checked and this is the exact offer they had for the Mega Miles in the March 2020 timeframe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter