Airport Arrival Time for Inter-Island

trixie08

Earning My Ears
Curious if anyone has recently flown inter-island with Hawaiian Air and can advise how early before the flight they recommend arriving at the airport? Specifically, OGG to HNL - so no C19 testing will need to be baked into the time (but a Turo return will). TIA.

We just took a Hawaiian flight from OGG to HNL on Saturday. We arrived about an hour and half early and I’m glad we did. We returned our rental car which took no time, but the line for security was about quite long, about 40 minutes. When we got to the gate, we had about 30 minutes until we boarded. My husband has TSA precheck and that only took about 15 minutes so if you happen to have that you won’t need nearly as long. Not sure if the wait I had has been typical or if it was just because it was a Saturday afternoon. There were several parties asking TSA if they could go to the front because they were about to miss their flights.

Very helpful. Looking at a Monday 6:30am flight, so not keen on arriving overtly early if no longer needed. Looks like we will need to aim for 2 hrs to be safe. Can I ask how long it took to get out of HNL after you landed?

Hopefully that early in the morning it won’t be as long, but maybe others who flew around that time or on a weekday may have more insight. It was a breeze after we landed since we didn’t have to do anything special. It was about a 10 minute wait for bags and 5 minutes to get our rental. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter