Airport hotel dilemma;opinions please!

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
So we will be flying from Manchester and flight leaves at 06:15am so we definately want to get a hotel the night before. We are going to get the train from our hometown to the airport as it’s the cheapest option by far, but we can’t decide on hotels! Cheapest option is premier inn which is £45 for the night but then we need taxis to it when we arrive on the train and then a taxi back to the airport in the morning that will cost us £20 so it’s total £65 and obviously have the 10 minute taxi journeys both ways which I know isn’t a lot but at like 3:30am I am thinking the easier the better!!!
Option 2 is to stay at the Clayton which is apparently a 2 minute walk from the terminal building or has its own shuttle bus, from the tripadvisor boards I think we could walk it in the evening we arrive and then maybe shuttle bus to get there in the morning so not sure how much more convenient that is but does seem a little, but it’s £95 so £30 more?
Option 3 is by far the most expensive and is raddison Blu which is a whopping £150 for the night but would allow us to walk straight there and back with no messing plus there’s a pool so i could take the kids for a swim to tire them out in the hopes of earlyish bed time but then they will have 3 weeks in Florida to swim all they want so it’s not really worth £50 but then it does seem the most convenient but still £50 to save what 10 minutes???
What would you do??

If you collect Tesco points you can convert them and use them to pay for a hotel room. (3x the value of the coupon) it is only certain hotels though. We do this when we stay at Gatwick so we can stay at the Hilton.

If this is not an option I would personally go for the hassle free option and spend that little bit extra.

cal

We have done 2 of your options, we stayed at the Radisson Blu, and had the convenience of just going on the skywalk straight into the airport but it felt ridiculously expensive. As you say £150 and I wouldn't want to pack wet swim clothes.

Last time we stayed at Premier Inn (both North and South share a car park as they are opposite each other) paid about £50. We went to the front desk and ordered a taxi to the airport in the morning, I believe they use your room number so there is no queue jumping, it cost £6.

Depending which Premier Inn, one is the original with the double bed plus 2 singles, one has 2 doubles and a shower room.

I haven't stayed at the Clayton but hear really good things about it. We stay at Premier Inns all the time and are booked in again for this year for Manchester.

Id say if you an splurge go for the Radisson. That extra 10 mins is in a nice comfy bed!! x

Radisson every time. A family room is £400 plus often so not sure how you’re getting £150 but I’d bite their hand off for a roommfor four for that! The Radisson sometimes do pay in advance deals for £98. That’s for a double room.

Radisson all the way. The convenience is worth the price and it's a great hotel.

I too have done 2 of your options plus stayed at the corner plaza which is a similar set up to the Clayton. We drive to Manchester so the premier inn has been our recent choice just for the convenience plus not needing to wait for a shuttle on landing (all I want to do is get home once we land!). Last summer though we stayed at the radisson and I’ve booked it for our upcoming trip too. As you’re travelling by train I’d pick the radisson just for the convenience if your budget allows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!