AK-Kali Rapids

Yes, you should not have any trouble taking your shoes & socks off for this ride.

Can I recommend bringing some zip-lock bags with you? If you get the jumbo size, you can fit your sneakers & socks in one of those and keep them nice and dry. This is also handy for stuff like cameras & cell phones. Also, I would also recommend wearing a bathing suit under your clothes or bring a change of under garments, as there is a very good possibility you will either get a little wet or soaked. I forgot to do this on my last trip, did Kali first thing, then had to wait quite a while for things to dry. They should install air hand dryers in the restrooms outside this attraction.

Yes, they will let you take off shoes and socks. You might want to already have them off when you get into the ride though, because there is not a lot of time before the ride starts. There is a container in the middle of the raft where you can put things, that is somewhat (although not completely) waterproof. One word of caution for this ride -- you will get SOAKING wet, so you might want to bring a poncho to wear, or bring a change of clothes with you. I have also seen people put their backpacks or other belongings (including shoes and socks), into a large plastic bag inside the "waterproof" container, to make sure it stays completely dry.

Don't let this scare you though, this is a great ride!! :D

Actually, last week they were making announcements in line and making people put their shoes back on. They wouldn't let anyone one without them. That was last Wednesday when I was there. The line was full of people trying to put them back on and not lose their space.

Terk-1
Do they have lockers to put a change of clothing in?
Where are the located?
Thank You
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Forgot to add to last post.
discraz do you own aqua shoes?
Thats what i plan on wearing. :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

The lockers are located at the front of the park. As soon as you get to the turnstiles, walk to your left, and there are restrooms. To the right of the restrooms are the lockers. There aren't any lockers (that I know of) near Kali.

They do not have lockers by this attraction, but rather way at the front of the park. When I went last December, you were allowed to take off your shoes, but it looks like that might have changed. If it has, then I would recommend bringing a pair of water shoes or flip-flops, then change into sneakers after the ride.

Just let me emphasize the SOOOOAKING!!!! wet part! I mean hair plastered to your head soaking wet!!! Although people on the other side of the raft didn't get quite as wet as me. I was very uncomfortable for the rest of the day!! Needless to say, I didn't go on it during our most recent trip! Hopefully you will be on the "right" side of the raft!

originally posted by gallajO
Actually, last week they were making announcements in line and making people put their shoes back on. They wouldn't let anyone one without them. That was last Wednesday when I was there. The line was full of people trying to put them back on and not lose their space.
We saw the same thing in March.
We convinced my mom to come on the ride (she did know that she might get wet). She ended up getting absolutely soaked, all her clothing down to the skin. The only thing that did not get very wet was her shoes. We all kept our feet up on the footrail that goes around the whole boat. The only one who got very wet shoes was youngest DD who was not able to keep her feet on the rail. Her socks and shoes got soaking wet.

You may or may not get soaked, but be prepared to get soaked. I personally get absolutely drenched every single time I ride the thing!

Last September there was NO ONE in line. We rode 3 times without ever getting off the thing. When we would return to the place where you get out, my kids would shout "Can we ride again?". The CMs kept saying, "SURE!". The person(s) who go down the big drop backwards gets the wettest. Yes! I went down all three times backwards! ALL THREE TIMES!!! It was like I jumped in a swimming pool with all my clothes on. Honestly, I don't remember if I took my shoes off - I think we did. But I know my feet didn't get wet.

We finally stopped riding when the ride broke down and we had to crawl out from boat to boat to an exit. Water was literally running down my legs. We all went into the restrooms and into stalls and wrung out our clothes as much as possible. I then went outside (I put the clothes back on first!) and purchased a t-shirt and shorts. I promise you I will never get on that ride again without a poncho!:rolleyes:

Sorry to disillusion anyone, but even the poncho doesn't do the trick when you ride multiple times, although it does help out. I think you'd need to be in a spacesuit or something to remain completely dry. Our strategy is to wait until the end of the day (about 1/2 hour before park closing) when we can ride 4 or 5 times in a row without getting off. We often visit in January when wet pants and feet are particularly unpleasant. We wear T-shirts and Disney ponchos and make sure our feet are up on the railing, but the whole family still emerges from the raft in a torrent of water. We make a quick trip to the bathroom to change the T-shirt for a sweatshirt (from the backpack), which gives us enough warmth to make a squelchy bee-line for our hotel. If we're going anywhere directly afterwards (for example, Boma at AKL) we take along a COMPLETE change of clothes, including fresh shoes and a towel.

We rode three times in a row. The first 2 times, I was just splashed. The third time I got soaked. If you keep your feet up on the rail, they shouldn't get wet. We put our backback in the center and it was fine.

Next time I will wear my swim suit. :D

I could care less about getting wet on a water ride, EXCEPT for my feet! My trick is to take a poncho and wrap it around my feet to keep them dry. Works like a charm.

We went on Kali last week and there is a big sign at the start of the ride stating 'Shoes must be worn on this ride'!

I recall that they made everyone put theirs back on on our last trip,then as the ride set off people just took them back off!
SD:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter