AK or MK Christmas Day?

p44nmun

Mouseketeer
We have MK Xmas day reservations but now I’m starting to rethink my plans due to crowds, although I realize 35% capacity isn’t “normal crowd levels”. Looking for thoughts and opinions.

If you’re able to visit MK another day I would tell you to do so. AK is likely to be the least crazy park which is a beautiful thing for Christmas Day.

Agree with this. MK will be less busy than it normally is but it will still be the busiest of all the parks. And with so many things closed it will “feel” busy. We are avoiding parks altogether on Christmas Day but if I were visiting a park I would pick AK or DHS.

I've been debating the same thing. Initial thought was: this is a bonus park day for us, and we have no expectations of accomplishing anything, so we really just wanted the MK atmosphere, but I'm waffling on that now. Family is still pro-MK at this point.

We are headed down for 10 days Dec 19. We have HS (21), MK (22), AK (24), Epcot (25), MK (27), HS (29). We have our second MK day planned for Sunday the 27, but I am debating switching to Monday the 28 due to weekend crowds at MK. Thoughts?

We are headed down for 10 days Dec 19. We have HS (21), MK (22), AK (24), Epcot (25), MK (27), HS (29). We have our second MK day planned for Sunday the 27, but I am debating switching to Monday the 28 due to weekend crowds at MK. Thoughts?

We are doing very similar to your schedule.

23 HS
24 AK
25 Ep
26 MK
27 HS
28 MK
29 Ep

I don’t expect much relief for crowds on the 28th, I think everything will be at capacity the entire week.

We booked EP for the 25th based on TouringPlans crowd calendar, but I just looked again and it went from a 2 or 3 to an 8. I looked back at Thanksgiving to see what the crowds were like and it appears it was way busier than expected. Not sure what that means for Christmas Day!

We booked EP for the 25th based on TouringPlans crowd calendar, but I just looked again and it went from a 2 or 3 to an 8. I looked back at Thanksgiving to see what the crowds were like and it appears it was way busier than expected. Not sure what that means for Christmas Day!

I'd take MK, even at 35%, it's the only time you will ever get that much space to enjoy the atmosphere on Christmas Day.

Our first trip to WDW during Christmas week, we skipped parks altogether on Christmas Day. On a subsequent Christmas trip, we scored CRT for Christmas morning and decided to stay in the park and it was crowded but not that bad. Other visitors were pleasant and in a great mood and enjoying the ambience. We had a great time. Our last trip over Christmas, we did MK on the 25th and although we had fun, I remember thinking they must've increased capacity of the park overall because it felt very much more crowded. So to have the opportunity this year to experience the park at 35% should be a significant improvement.

Like other posters, I agree you should stay with MK on the 25th. Have a great trip! Only a few more weeks! (We'll be at MK on the 25th!) :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!