Akershus Dinner or Bon Voyage breakfast for princess fans?

little_orange_bird

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, my husband I are going down in May with my two brothers and their girlfriends, and they haven’t been in years. Their girlfriend’s requests for dining were just that they wanted to meet the princesses, so we have two sit-downs we need to choose between.

I’ve never been to Akershus so I can’t speak for that, but I have been to and enjoyed the Bon Voyage breakfast. The difference there is you get to meet Flynn Ryder and Prince Eric and they’re fairly hard to meet in the parks.

Of course, I believe Akershus has more princesses so...any thoughts on that? I look forward to your opinions!:love:

I've been to Akershus but not Bon Voyage. I was not impressed with the food at Akershus- I guess Scandinavian food is just not exciting? There are like 5 princesses to meet, but they are characters you can meet elsewhere in the parks and, as has been previously noted, you can't meet Eric or Flynn anywhere else other than Bon Voyage. Also, at the end of dinner at least at Akershus, they do this little princess parade thing where all the kids get up and follow the princesses around, which is obviously a very kid-focused thing. I'm not sure if they do something like that at Bon Voyage, but from what I've seen from various Instagram personalities at the park, I think Bon Voyage isn't as little girl-focused as Akershus. (I know that sounds funny- it's a meal with princesses!- but I remember reading a blog post right before the Bon Voyage breakfast started advertising it as "You can have brunch with Rapunzel and her man," as if the whole thing were designed for the millenial audience- that is, women in their 20s and early 30s who happen to love Disney and also mimosas.)

Thank you so much for your response, @Mrs Geek. I love love love this description:
I remember reading a blog post right before the Bon Voyage breakfast started advertising it as "You can have brunch with Rapunzel and her man," as if the whole thing were designed for the millenial audience- that is, women in their 20s and early 30s who happen to love Disney and also mimosas.)

On our trip last month we actually did Akershus dinner and Bob Voyage breakfast!

We actually really liked both meals. My husband was less a fan of the food than I was, but myself and our little people loved the meal. The portions at Akershus for Children were a lot more generous than Bob Voyage.

Our server at Akershus was amazing, so that helped - When we said we really liked the apple bread esque dessert he brought out two more to go for us. I’ve heard breakfast there can be better for less adventurous eaters (but I had the meatballs and loved them!)

Bon Boyage is worth it JUST for Flynn and Eric (all the character interactions there were in depth and fun, our daughter loved the guys) My meal here was more eh, but DH loved his.

You can’t go wrong with either!

And Bon Voyage does a fun parade too (with napkin fish and dancing - so fun!)

We’ve had good and bad experiences at Akershus. I’m itching to try Bon Voyage and meet the cute princes!

This is so helpful everyone, thank you! I’ve done Bon Voyage (although my family hasn’t) so I’m rather selfishly keeping my fingers crossed for Akershus. I think that’s what they’re leaning towards anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter