• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL concierge cancelled

RLevy29

Vacation Lover
We had a reservation for the AKL concierge for 8/19-8/21 that was booked in October. We had originally wanted to stay at Polynesian concierge but we knew that the villas were being built and we figured that this would be our last chance to stay concierge at AKL. I asked if the construction was going to interfere with the reservation and I was assured that it wasn't. We didn't know that concierge was going to be part of the point structure.
Anyway, we were away and returned home to a message that stated that MS wanted to speak to us about our reservation. All day Wednesday I tried to call each hour but the computers were down. Nobody could tell me what the problem was. Yesterday I called and asked for the person who had left the message and was told that she was unavailable and I left a message, By 4:00 I had not been called back. I called again waited on hold for 15 minutes until I finally spoke to someone. She looked for my reservation and it was not there! I asked to speak to a manager. Another 15 minutes on hold! Finally a manager came on and informed me that the construction was moving much quicker than anticipated and we would be unable to stay at AKL concierge. I told her that we had the Sunset Safari booked. Would we still be able to do this? She didn't know but she offered to take care of it. As far as the room went, I asked if there was anything available at the Polynesian concierge and she said no. She offered Yacht Club, but we were not interested . I explained that we were going to book the Polynesian to begin with but went with AKL because of the villas being built. She was very sympathetic and offered to do all she could to help. At 5: 00 the activities manager at AKL called and told me that we were all set with the dinner no matter where we stayed.:yay: At 9:30 I still hadn't heard anything about the room so I called again and they were able to find us a concierge at the Polynesian.:cool1: A happy ending thanks to Tara!

I can understand the construction issue they are moving much faster than expected. I am really glad that AKL concierge/ITO offcie kept your safari ressies intact and got you the switch-out to Poly

Looks like nice things do happen to nice people. :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful trip.

:sad1: Now I have something ELSE to worry about! I booked AKL concierge for December 1 back in January and I have my sunset and sunrise safaris booked already. It never crossed my mind that I could get a call telling me concierge isn't available thanks to DVC construction.

We have a cash ressie at AKL concierge from 9/22-25. I'm still waiting to see where the lounge will be located at that point. Others have said that service is a bit slow where it is located currently ( in the Presidential Suite) and also a bit limited. I'm not going to stay there if my expectations cannot be met as we've had too many positive trips there ( and one planned next may via AKLV points). Hopefully things will be a bit more settled by the end of Sept. and for the OP..I'm so glad it worked out for you!---Kathy

The issues are construction related

AKV has opened up Concierge starting 12/1 they must have a revised construction schedule as original date was 5/1/08

It is possible but IMHO unlikely there will be disruptions in concierge after 12/1 before 5/1/08. I have a cash AKL concierge ressie for 1/2/08 and while I got teh standard construction noise warnings Concierge desk is not saying anything about limited services for my visit

As I read your story...I had a feeling it was going to turn out really good for you....sure enough an incredibly good ending!!! You are gonna have some fun at the Poly...good for you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter