AKL Jambo and Kidani points are the same?

Lorana

DIS Veteran
Our second AKL resale contract just appeared on our account. Our first resale came listed as Kidani; the second is Jambo House. When we go to book at 11 months, will these count as the same for booking purposes (ie, can use points from both on a single reservation)?

As long as your new resale contract has the same use year as the first resale, your Kidani and Jambo contract will be in the same member number, can be combined for purposes of making a reservation starting at 11 months out at AKV Jambo or Kidani, and are combined for the the purposes of annual dues. However, when you go into the online reservation system, you will see AKV Jambo and AKV Kidani listed separately. You just need to make sure both are checked before attempting to view availability. Availability will then be shown separately for Jambo and Kidani, but once you have chosen one, both your AKV contracts will be available for making the reservation.

If your new resale contract is in a different use year from your original resale, then the rules are different. You will have two member numbers, and though both will be shown in the same online website (as long as the listed owners are the same), you are treated as two different members with annual dues charged and paid separately, and the contracts cannot be combined for any single reservation. To use both use years for one vacation, you need to either transfer points from one member use year to the other, or, alternatively, make two separate reservations, using one use year to reserve the first part and the other use year to reserve the second part, and then have MS link the reservations, which will assure you will not have to change rooms

Last edited:
They are in the same UY and Membership number. Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the clarification. I was a little worried for a moment that I couldn't combine them for a single booking at 11 months.

FYI every once in a while the system has a issue and will only allow 7 month booking for a Jambo contract booking Kidani and vice versa. Just have to call to fix it. It probably happens when the update the software. Like others stated they will be able to be used at 11 months. Congratulations.

Yes.
Our points say jambo House, but we have always stayed at Kidani and had not problems at 11 months.

Yes.
Our points say jambo House, but we have always stayed at Kidani and had not problems at 11 months.
And we are the opposite. Our contract says Kidani, but we always stay at Jambo House. We've always been able to book at 11 months out.

Today I used Kidani points to book a Jambo one bedroom before 7 months, so there should not be any problem for you!

They work the same. My resale was Jambo and my direct was Kidani, but I combine them for the 11mo window to book rooms at either building

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter