AKL Standard view - photos?

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
I'm tempted to upgrade our POFQ booking to AKL. But can only really justify going for a standard view room. (Not water of savannah)

Any photos of these?

Are there any views that aren't parking lots to be had?

Isn't the standard view the pool view? I think so, but I'm not sure. I just stayed there, and I don't think there were rooms on the parking lot side. We had a pool view that was very nice. I did take a picture but I haven't even downloaded them yet. We kept our curtains closed most of the time we were in our room anyway, since we were mostly in our room at night or early morning. We really loved the resort and would go to the viewing area just down the hall, or some of the others throughout the resort to look at the animals. We saw zebras, giraffes, and more and it didn't matter one bit that we didn't have a savanna view.

When you go, eat a zebra dome and a bowl of butternut squash soup for me! :)

We stayed in a standard room last year and it had a "road" view but could barely see it through the landscaping.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat with that view. I am sorry I don't have any photo's. We enjoyed sitting at the pool and viewing the animals from the trails instead of being in our room.

The pool is wonderful, being able to eat at Boma's for breakfast and dinner, enjoying the activites at the hotel, I could go on and on. I felt it was worth the "extra" money over a moderate (POR).

Enjoy your trip.

I just now saw this thread. To clarify--a standard view is not a pool view. There's a somewhat higher room rate ($10/night or so, iirc) for a pool-view room, and, as you might have deduced, the pool-view rooms all have a view of the pool. I think some of the higher floor pool-view rooms may have a somewhat obstructed-by-foliage view of the pool.

Standard-view rooms, as you can see in the photos on the link posted above, don't overlook the pool. They overlook the driveway, entrance, parking lot, etc.

Most people who've stayed at AKL feel it's worth a few extra bucks for the pool view over the standard. The savanna-view rooms are, of course, significantly more per night than either standard or pool view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter