AKL standard vs. WL woods view?

esrade

Earning My Ears
HELP!!!!

Please help me decide between AKL standard view ($138.26/night) and WL woods view ($155/night).

We are going 6/4 - 6/7, we've never stayed at either resort although we've been to Disney twice before (POR & FW). This time however, we're bringing our nephew (DN?), who is 8. This is his first trip to Disney and he is sooooo excited.

So, here are my thoughts:

AKL pros - animals, cheaper

AKL cons - standard view, remote (let's not start a bus thread), nephew doesn't like animals so much (although I think he would think it was cool if they were right out his window... don't think we haven't already planned the room request fax re "our nephew's first trip to WDW and we want to make it extra magical"... LOL), exotic eating (nephew is a Mickey D's sort of boy) :rolleyes:

WL pros - boats, close to MK (and Contemporary [CR?], where we can pick up the monorail), possibility of being a flag family

WL cons - nephew doesn't care too much for the rustic stuff either :rolleyes:, more expensive

:confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused:
Anyone????

That is a tough decision to make. I love the AKL and WL but prefer the AKL for decor and views of the Savannah. But since you are talking about a standard view my opinion is that the whole point of the AKL is to have a view of the animals from your room and balcony. I think you probably would be a little more happy at WL. Both AKL and WL are rustic feeling so it won't matter which one you go to in that respect. The boats are pleasent and an easy ride to the MK. The pool may be a little more fun too and you will be assured of a view not l;ooking at the bus stop or parkinglot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter