AKV/AKL Activities?

amym2

DIS Veteran
We're so excited about our first stay at AKV in October. We'll be spending quite a bit of time at the parks, but I want to make sure we have time to enjoy the resort as well. Can anyone give me a heads up about any activities we should plan to fit in? I know about the pools and such, so I'm more curious about cultural activities and things unique to AKV/AKL. It will be me, DH, DS12, DD10, my parents (late 60s), and my sister and BIL. We have all visited AKL and eaten at Boma, so we're familiar with the resort.

There are "bead" activities that did appeal to our grandchildren! Check the schedule. Both Jambo and Kidani have a nightly cultural talk by an African cast member. They are at slightly different times, so you can attend both. The one at Jambo is usually more generic, the one at Kidani is chosen by the CM him/herself, thus it is usually more personal.

Night vision goggles viewing of the savannah animals at both resorts
On our last visit to AKL my son was 4 and he LOVED seeing the animals with the night vision goggles. He's 7 now and he still talks about out trip to AKL. We just bought into DVC at BLT with the intent on going there next May, but I'm seriously considering surprising him with AKV if I can switch our reservation at 7 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter