AKV Club ... question about chances

pxlbarrel

They won't allow any kind of cow
Does anybody want to hazard a guess or know by experience the chances of getting a 1 br AKV Club level for the Sunday or Monday after New Year's at 11 months out? I'm looking at January 4 or 5th, 2015.

AND how about getting a 1 BR AKV Savannah view for the Dec 29th starting at 11 months (without walking the reservation)? I want to be there for New year's eve but don't necessarily have to be in club until afterwards.

After this trip, no more trips during this period....it's way too stressful!

Does anybody want to hazard a guess or know by experience the chances of getting a 1 br AKV Club level for the Sunday or Monday after New Year's at 11 months out? I'm looking at January 4 or 5th, 2015.

AND how about getting a 1 BR AKV Savannah view for the Dec 29th starting at 11 months (without walking the reservation)? I want to be there for New year's eve but don't necessarily have to be in club until afterwards.

After this trip, no more trips during this period....it's way too stressful!

The savannah view you should not have a problem with. The Club level might be harder, New Years is Thursday, you might be able to get it, people will be heading home by Sunday.

I'm sitting here with a calculator trying so many permutations of how I can stay here and there and my head's about to explode. LOL

When I make a reservation for Jan 2015, in the next couple of weeks, can i borrow from 2016?

I'm sitting here with a calculator trying so many permutations of how I can stay here and there and my head's about to explode. LOL

When I make a reservation for Jan 2015, in the next couple of weeks, can i borrow from 2016?

No. You could only borrow 2016 for a stay in your 2015 use year. No one has a January use year, so a January 2015 stay would be in your 2014 use year. Other dates in 2015 would depend on your use year. If you have a February use year, you could borrow 2016 for stays 2/1/15 or after.

Thanks.... I guess I may be revising so part of my stay is in a studio...

As DebbieB said, a Jan 2015 trip falls in your 2014 Use Year. You can use points banked from your 2013 UY, current 2014 UY points and points borrowed from your 2015 UY. You cannot borrow points from your 2016 Use Year for a trip in Jan 2015.

Decent chance for 1BR club level for Jan 4 or 5 start date if booking exactly 11 months out. It is studios and 2BRs that usually disappear even before you have a chance to reserve exactly 11 months out and 1BRs tend to be open at 11 months out. Note if you decide you need a studio then risk of not getting it at 11 months out greatly increase. You will have no problem at all getting a 1BR (or studio) savanna view at Jambo or Kidani at 11 months out for late Dec.

That's also getting closer to marathon weekend next year (believe it starts on the 8th) and so some people will be looking to book that 11 months out as well, just as an FYI.

I should've read all the replies to see if anyone else mentioned that, oops

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter