AKV concierge view

bebelle

DIS Veteran
Do this concierge rooms have a savannah view? I know the rooms are hard to get. Just wondered about the view. Thanks.

There are five 2BR lockoffs. Three of them face an alcove of the Sunset Savanna, the other two face the pool area. You can request a savanna view but since they are always fully booked, you get what you get.

The savanna views are not that great because you are on the 6th floor and the tree tops block a lot of the view. There is a feeding area nearby so you will see animals at feeding times but as soon as they walk back under the trees you cannot see them any longer. Some people also find the large roof overhang to be an issue because it blocks a lot of the view when you are in the room looking out through the sliding doors.

It was fun to do Club Level once so we could do the Sunrise Safari which at that time was restricted to Club Level guests** and just to see what it was like. However, we like watching the animals and you just don't see as many from a Club Level room. We prefer to book a Savanna View room at Kidani, with requests for the lowest floor and facing the Sunset Savanna. Being on a lower floor you are closer to the animals and if you are watching animals in the distance you have only tree trunks in the way which block only a little bit of the view instead of tree tops that block everything.

** ETA: The offer to allow any DVC member staying at AKV to book the Sunrise Safari is for a limited time. There are some reports that it ends in mid October.

IMO the AKV CL views are the worst at the resort, I wouldn't stay there for the view. I also think that DVC got the 6th floor rooms due to view complaints for the cash paying customers.

:earsboy: Bill

Stayed in a 1br in March overlooking the Savanna. The animals came every night for an hour or so, which was good since this was the only time we were in the room between parks and dinner. Spent extra points but actually saved on meals with the food they put out for breakfast and lunch when we had resort days. Since it is my wife and I this is a nice option for us since we come 3 to 4 times a year and usually for 3 and 4 days. If you are a large family maybe once to say we did that.

Stayed in a 1br in March overlooking the Savanna. The animals came every night for an hour or so, which was good since this was the only time we were in the room between parks and dinner. Spent extra points but actually saved on meals with the food they put out for breakfast and lunch when we had resort days. Since it is my wife and I this is a nice option for us since we come 3 to 4 times a year and usually for 3 and 4 days. If you are a large family maybe once to say we did that.
My CL stay was a long time ago so I am curious what they are putting out for lunch now. When we stayed, the mid-day offerings consisted of potato chips, cookies, gummy bears and lemonade. Do they have real food at lunch now?

My CL stay was a long time ago so I am curious what they are putting out for lunch now. When we stayed, the mid-day offerings consisted of potato chips, cookies, gummy bears and lemonade. Do they have real food at lunch now?

Nope. Same stuff. We just stayed there last week and it was the same as it was when we first stayed there in 2010. (or maybe it was 2009)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter