• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV - Do I Have This Right?

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
If I buy 100 points at AKL:

Do I have until March 5 to add on without having to compete with new purchasers?

Are my two options to pay $101 per point and get an additonal 100 developer points, or to pay $93 per point and get only the 100 AKL points?

If I choose the developer point option, and I have a trip to WDW planned for July, can I use those developer points at any DVC resort with availability during my planned vacation?

Thanks for helping me figure this out!!!!!

You have the option of 101$ per point and developer points AS WELL as 2007 use year points or 93$ per points and 2007 use year points if you add on before the deadline. I do not know if the promo has been extended untill march 5th though. All I have heard was the end of Feb.
Also MS has confirmed that if you have an exsisting point vacation you may use you developer points for that vacation provided the vacation is within the next 7 months. The point you have used for the exsisting ressie will go back in your account at your request.

From what I understand, the only other thing I would add is that you cannot use the AKV Developer Points to book a stay anytime at AKV. They can only ever be used to books stays at the other DVC resorts.

So I would essentially have 200 "new" points to use - 100 AKL points (my Use Year is March, so I assume I would have 100 AKL points avaialble March 1 if I added on before February 28) and I would also have 100 developer points, to be used within the next 7 months anywhere except AKV (ie VWL, OKW, etc.)

We are going to WDW in July, staying at a Sea World area resort the first weekend, then 5 nights at VWL. I'd like to add on to that vacation, so I think I understand that I would have 200 new points to stay a second week. What fun!!!!

I don't think that is correct, the AKV points will not be available until Sept 2007, I don't recall the exact date, but you will not have them for your July trip.

You have the option of 101$ per point and developer points AS WELL as 2007 use year points or 93$ per points and 2007 use year points if you add on before the deadline. I do not know if the promo has been extended untill march 5th though. All I have heard was the end of Feb.
Also MS has confirmed that if you have an exsisting point vacation you may use you developer points for that vacation provided the vacation is within the next 7 months. The point you have used for the exsisting ressie will go back in your account at your request.

The incentive for current owners expires in June, not March. AKV points will not be available until Sept 1, and MFs will also begin on Sept 1 for existing AKV owners.

With a March UY and a July 07 vacation, you can substitute the developer points (or add on 100 pts worth of stay) for the July vacation.

So sad that I dont know this but what are develpoer points. I own at SSR and having been thinking about buying at AK but just ran across this board with the two differ prices and types of points.....anyone care to help me out on this one....please. Thanks so much

AKV Developer's Points are only given to you if you choose NOT to take the $8 per credit reduction... Developer's Points MUST be used by the end of September.

So sad that I dont know this but what are develpoer points. I own at SSR and having been thinking about buying at AK but just ran across this board with the two differ prices and types of points.....anyone care to help me out on this one....please. Thanks so much

There are two promotions running Choose one.

o add on points + an equal number of "Developer points" the dev points have to be used in the next 7 months (it's either by September, or end of September or 7 months from when you buy, I'm not sure.) You can't "bank" the developer points, but some people have said you can use them to replace spent points from this year.

o an $8/pt discount, $101/pt normal @ $93/pt.

Finaly there is an additional promotion, which you can combine with one of the other ones, iff you buy 150 pts or more, before the end of Feb. You can get your name on the "Founders" Tapestry. Which will hang at the DVC check in.

You'll also see people tossing around the number $106/pt. That is what people have been hearning as the new costs of points.

johno

i don't know all the questions but i do know it is all very exciting. better hurry. please hurry. i keep wanting to buy add-on after add-on so i need someone else to buy up the points so i can stop. i am not addicted to anything else in my life except disney!!!!! besides we want you to buy so they can build fast.:woohoo:

165 pts august uy unit 32
and in the process of buying another 35 pts.

my third home.:dance3:

i don't know all the questions but i do know it is all very exciting. better hurry. please hurry. i keep wanting to buy add-on after add-on so i need someone else to buy up the points so i can stop. i am not addicted to anything else in my life except disney!!!!! besides we want you to buy so they can build fast.:woohoo:

165 pts august uy unit 32
and in the process of buying another 35 pts.

my third home.:dance3:

STOP! take a breath... OK, now buy.

That sounds good! I have a reservation for dates that are now booked up. Can I still use AKV developer points toward that existing reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter