AKV Kidani - What's to know?

katydid74

Earning My Ears
Our first DVC stay is coming up in less than 2 weeks (yay!) and we're staying at our home resort AKV at Kidani in a Savannah view 1BR room. I've already called to request a room with a sunset savannah view (my husband really wants to see giraffes and the walk to the lobby isn't a concern for us). What else do we need to know about the resort? What is a must do? We have dinner reservations at Boma for our farewell meal. We originally had reservations at Sanaa but cancelled because we didn't want to eat similar food too close together.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome. The family is very excited and I'm almost as excited to stay at the resort as I am at being in DW. :)

We love staying at Kidani! Things I love about it- the pool, kids splash area next to the pool, short walk to Jambo, you are the first pick up on the bus so you get a seat, being so close to the animals you can hear them, sitting on the balcony and relaxing, and Community Hall is really nice for the kids. You will have a great time, enjoy!
:)

Our first DVC stay is coming up in less than 2 weeks (yay!) and we're staying at our home resort AKV at Kidani in a Savannah view 1BR room. I've already called to request a room with a sunset savannah view (my husband really wants to see giraffes and the walk to the lobby isn't a concern for us). What else do we need to know about the resort? What is a must do? We have dinner reservations at Boma for our farewell meal. We originally had reservations at Sanaa but cancelled because we didn't want to eat similar food too close together. Any tips or suggestions are welcome. The family is very excited and I'm almost as excited to stay at the resort as I am at being in DW. :)
. I'm sure you will find Kidani a blast I just left and had a room on sunset for one night. Check in lines were long but I arrived early and may have got caught between check in/out. I stayed at the hotel all day and watched the animals. Giraffes came around pretty often (3 of them) . I was on the 3rd floor and had a great view. I liked it so much I dropped a few days of my beach club this December and added AKV. Boma was great as well only waited 12 minutes at dinner with my ADR. I'm sure you will have a great time :)

Roast some marshmallows at the bonfire! There are usually some nice wildlife by the firepit, too! Enjoy!

Odd number rooms are either standard view or face Pembe savanna. Kidani is our home resort, and we love it. If we aren't staying at AKV, we typically make at least one visit over the AKL to see animals. The staff at the Kidani fire pit area are very friendly and knowledgable, and sometimes, the area is less crowded than at Jambo, so, guests get more individual attention. Jambo is about a 10 minute walk, lobby to lobby, and if you are on the side closer to Jambo, you might actually be a shorter walk to the Jambo lobby than to the Kidani one. We once had the last room on the corridor closest to Jambo, which was quiet, peaceful, convenient to our car, but we only went to the Kidani lobby once the entire trip, and that was to check in.

Completely agree with everyone else. One little-mentioned benefit is the time to talk with CMs about their lives in Africa, especially at their daily discussions.

Completely agree with everyone else. One little-mentioned benefit is the time to talk with CMs about their lives in Africa, especially at their daily discussions.
Request a low floor to be closer to the animals. Sanaa is one of my favorite restaurants and right there. You may want to reconsider. It's a gentle introduction to Indian food.

Make sure to visit the fire pit at night. You can view the animals in the dark with night vision binoculars provided by the CM at the fire pit.

I'm going to Harambe Nights on Sat. I don't think we'll get back to Kidani until around 10 PM. Will the fire pit be available that late?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter