AKV or BCV then over to CRV plan

jcf

DIS Veteran
I am sure I would like AKV or BCV but I would like CRV more. However, I can not afford 175-200 points at those two places plus my existing 175 VWL.

I would like about 400 points max.

So, the plan would be to buy into AKV or BCV now enjoy them and then sell those points when CRV comes along?

Which resort would be the best for this plan?:

CRV becomes available? If so, the 15 year difference between BCV and AKV points may not make a difference. I'd probably go with BCV, as BCV is smaller than the planned capacity for AKV and BCV is sold out whereas AKV will probably take years to sell out.

I'm starting to pay more attention to the end dates of the resorts and will only be adding on at DVC II resorts from here on out.

Terpy

I would probably do a master contract of 150 now at BCV (since that is available now), and then add on in smaller increments at AKV and CRV, should it happen.

It occurred to me that there may be greater price appreciation in the AKV points over the next 2 years especially since I will be buying the AKV points at $93 and they willl be selling them at $104 soon. The BCV at $95 might go to $98 at best?

It occurred to me that there may be greater price appreciation in the AKV points over the next 2 years especially since I will be buying the AKV points at $93 and they willl be selling them at $104 soon. The BCV at $95 might go to $98 at best?

Really hard to predict this one. It all depends on when CRV is announced and how far along AKV is in the selling process.

The feeling I got from my guide was that Disney was looking to sell two resorts at once. So we may see AKV and SSR this year and AKV & GCV next year, or AKV & CRV. I'd think if CRV is selling while AKV is still on the table you're not going to get anything higher than the best deal on AKV points via resale.

I say that because if you look at SSR, it's only going for the F&F promo rates. Now once the resort is sold out, I'd expect a price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter