AKV or THV

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
We stayed at AKV this past August and absolutly loved it.. We are looking into possibly trying THV next trip but not sure.... I know people are going to say do a split stay but we are already planning on doing first half of the trip at vwl. We usually stay at BCV but are pulling ourselves away to try a different routine.. Any suggestions will help!

How often do you go to WDW? I think that makes a difference. My family goes fairly often, most of the family are there for 3-5 night stays and we've tried the THV's (2X) and loved the experience.

Personally, an August stay for our family would include BCV. We all love SAB and that time should be perfect weather.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I've stayed at both AKV and THV and there's no question; everyone in my party prefers AKV. We have stayed at all of the DVC villas except BLT and THV was our least favorite.

Most people on these boards love THV so take my comments with a grain of salt. We had a car, which IMO is a necessity at THV, but we still found them to be remote. The only way I'd stay here again is if we were planning to do a lot of grilling (each THV has it's own charcoal grill which is nice).

My hubby and I like BOTH AKV and THV. We always have a car, so the remoteness of THV doesn't matter. We loved the design and detail of the THV along with being in your own "house", as well as Kidani. (I guess I'm not really any help. :lmao: )

My suggestion is to read up on the THV threads as much as you can, so you get varying opinions. Bear in mind the layout of THV, with the 3 bedrooms, one of which is bunk beds, that don't work well for large people. They're really only meant for kids or smaller adults. Think about how it would work for your group. Contemplate whether they prefer hotels/condos, or the remote, wooded "glamorous camping" woodsy feel. Keep in mind that it's a little ways from the resort amenities, although there is a pretty plain-Jane pool in the THV's. Also, if you like to be in the middle of everything, THV would be a bad choice.

Good luck with your decision, and happy planning! :cloud9:

I think that at some point, everyone should try all of the resorts. Personally, our family LOVES both Kidani and THV (even without a car....GASP!) Our family still needs to try BCV (May 2012) and BLT (not sure when) at WDW.

Some people's cons are others pros. At the end of a crowded park day, we love the remoteness of the THV's. No one running up and down the hall outside your room or above, below, or next to you making noise! We love having the quaint pool to ourselves. I have to caution, however, it is so hot in August, you can't really enjoy the large deck. Even late at night because it was still too humid to just sit out and enjoy it. Well, I think that would be anywhere. Since the THV's opened, we will have stayed there 3 times come this Christmas. Yes, that is how much we love them. As a family of four, it was great for our children to have their own rooms (so they aren't in each other's space) with only using 2BR worth of points.

I don't think yo can go wrong with either. Also, alot will depend on openings/availability as well. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

The main deciding factor for us would be: do you want 3 bathrooms (2 bedrooms) (AKV-K) or 3 bedrooms (2 bathrooms) (THV obviously)? We go for three baths since we have 2 families, 5A 3C so getting out the door in the morning is more important than the extra privacy of the three bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter