AKV resale prices

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
It seems like DVC Resale Market has pretty successfully inflated the price of AKV and other sites are now following suit. I see DVCRM has a 100 point contract now listed for $130/point. No banked points or anything. Do you think the prices will eventually settle back to normal?

AKV is my favorite resort and It also helped that it was one of the cheapest of the DVC resorts. I was hoping to buy there but at current prices I’d rather just buy somewhere like BLT or poly and get a longer contract. I’m not sure what to do.

Asking prices and selling prices are different. If they are listing at those prices it may be what the owner wants.

If it is what you want, make an offer the price you want to pay. Unless the owner has told the broker not to bring offers less than a certain price, they will present it,

I made offers $30 below on several contracts last spring. Got the prices down to at most $20 below but didn’t like it enough to buy and eventually found a better one which I did end up paying about $10 more than I wanted, but it came with lots of points, I still paid $15 less than asking too.

Asking prices and selling prices are different. If they are listing at those prices it may be what the owner wants.

If it is what you want, make an offer the price you want to pay. Unless the owner has told the broker not to bring offers less than a certain price, they will present it,

I made offers $30 below on several contracts last spring. Got the prices down to at most $20 below but didn’t like it enough to buy and eventually found a better one which I did end up paying about $10 more than I wanted, but it came with lots of points, I still paid $15 less than asking too.
That is great information! I feel comfortable with paying closer to $100/point at AKV but that is $20-30 below the listed price so I wasn’t sure if it would be seen as ridiculous offering $20 below asking. I’ll give it a try and put in some offers!

Looking at ROFR I see one pretty good deal at $93 then a bunch in the 100-110 a point range. I think its worth a shot to offer 100 a point if you find contracts you like and see what happens. I would think someone takes it at some point, but it may take a while.

But I do not think you will start to see AKV prices "settle back to normal". I actually think that $120ish a point listing price will be the new normal for AKV. You are starting to see a decent bracketing of resorts and resale price listing on the non 2042 resorts. In general it is something like:
SSR 95-105
OKW Extended 105-110
AKV 115-120
Poly 140-150
BLT 145-155
VGF 165-175

Of course there are deals to be had and these are just listing prices, but the listing prices give you a fairly decent idea of where the general resale market is right now. I know things could change and COVID is a factor, but historically waiting for DVC resale prices to fall down has never worked.

I agree with the general brackets posted, but before Covid, there were always deals to be had and motivated sellers. Right now, there are too many buyers and the market is picked over.

I wouldn't be in a hurry, that's for sure.

I agree with the general brackets posted, but before Covid, there were always deals to be had and motivated sellers. Right now, there are too many buyers and the market is picked over.

I wouldn't be in a hurry, that's for sure.
So what do you think is causing there to be too many buyers? People who have the extra money from not taking a vacation this year?

So what do you think is causing there to be too many buyers? People who have the extra money from not taking a vacation this year?
Couldn't tell you. I think the nostalgia and "normalness" has been a big driver for people in lockdown who want something to look forward to and hold onto.

I've been following resale very closely for two years and pre-Covid there were always at least few contracts active that I considered excellent value. IMO, it is picked over right now.

I made several attempts to buy AKV this spring as I thought I could get something in the $100-110 price range. One offer ended with a suggestion to increase my price as there "was another buyer" and I declined. That contract sat for at least two weeks...hmmm. Another offer led to a call from the broker to tell me the price was a mistake - are you kidding? It wasn't that low either! I declined to increase my offer. Both were DVCresalemarket.com. I moved on at that point.

I'm not sure what will bring the prices down, except a flood of contracts hitting the market but AKV is out of our price range at this point. If prices decline at some point to the $100 range or there is a unicorn we can snag we'll reconsider. We bought four other contracts from two other brokers within the past three months that we felt had great value and are happy with our purchases.

Last edited:
I made several attempts to buy AKV this spring as I thought I could get something in the $100-110 price range. One offer ended with a suggestion to increase my price as there "was a another buyer" and I declined. That contract sat for at least two weeks...hmmm. Another offer led to a call from the broker to tell me the price was a mistake - are you kidding? It wasn't that low either! I declined to increase my offer. Both were DVCresalemarket.com. I moved on at that point.

I'm not sure what will bring the prices down, except a flood of contracts hitting the market but AKV is out of our price range at this point. If prices decline at some point to the $100 range or there is a unicorn we can snag we'll reconsider. We bought four other contracts from two other brokers within the past three months that we felt had great value and are happy with our purchases.
I just made an offer on their site and got a similar response... it will be interesting to see how long it sits. They claim they already received an all cash offer above mine and the buyer wants to wait for an even higher one. Fine with me. I’m in no rush

Interesting. I've been in high end sales all my life and understand negotiation. I felt like I was hitting a brick wall without any opportunity to engage with the seller which I found highly annoying. We sold three contracts last year so I do know the other side as well. I've found better luck with smaller brokers recently. In the end it is all about finding contracts that make sense for you and getting a shot at making a fair offer with terms you can live with. You win some and you lose some but if I "don't feel the love" I am happy to take my money elsewhere...and I did.

Just keep offering the lower price and let the sales people know what you are willing to pay. So what if 100 people say no between now and the end of the year you only need a single yes.

This isn't like trying to get someone to dance with, you won't look desperate walking around the room asking everyone the same question. In the end I can't seem them increasing so quickly forever. So worst case is sometime next year you have to pay a little more if you still want AKV over another resort.

there are too many buyers right now for almost everything. At least everything that I am interested in or that I am in business with.

I made several attempts to buy AKV this spring as I thought I could get something in the $100-110 price range. One offer ended with a suggestion to increase my price as there "was another buyer" and I declined. That contract sat for at least two weeks...hmmm. Another offer led to a call from the broker to tell me the price was a mistake - are you kidding? It wasn't that low either! I declined to increase my offer. Both were DVCresalemarket.com. I moved on at that point.

Were you looking at a 155 point contract in May? If so that could have been us. We bought a 155 point contract with 310 points loaded on the front end and 155 points coming in February. Offered $110 and they said there was another buyer. They then called back and said they dropped out. I'm pretty happy with that price. When you factor in the front loaded points we really bought in at $92 a point or something like that.

Taking our first trip in November and checking out the two bedroom Savannah View. Super excited!

Were you looking at a 155 point contract in May? If so that could have been us. We bought a 155 point contract with 310 points loaded on the front end and 155 points coming in February. Offered $110 and they said there was another buyer. They then called back and said they dropped out. I'm pretty happy with that price. When you factor in the front loaded points we really bought in at $92 a point or something like that.

Taking our first trip in November and checking out the two bedroom Savannah View. Super excited!
Not us! We're October which is why we had such an issue finding contracts. We were looking for about 100 or so and bid on half a dozen or so and gave up and went with two BRV's. Sounds like you got a smokin' deal and loaded too wow - impressive! Savannah View is wonderful...we've stayed in a 1 BR and Studio so you'll have plenty of room combined. Enjoy your first trip! :welcome:

Just had a 100 point Resale contract sent to Disney for $115.00 per point with loaded points. Hoping this hike in point price won’t effect It passing ROFR as I’ve been looking for a while for a AKV contract as they are hard to come by o_O

I'm in my finals days of waiting for ROFR on 200 points in AKV at $104. Anything lower then $100 I think Disney would take in ROFR, IMHO.

I’d like to give my perspective since we’re one of those in the pending column for AKV on DVCRM. I’ve been looking at AKV resale prices going on three years now. I remember back in 2017 when listed prices were consistently sub-$100. At the same time, BWV was around $105, so it’s not just AKV.

The reason I chose to buy now were two-fold. First, I was a renter on David’s and had a reservation cancelled and got the pseudo-credit. I told myself never again would I put myself in that situation. I wanted to be in control of my plans and how I choose to cancel my trip. I didn’t want to be at the mercy of another company like that. Second, we’re passholders at DLR and all of our trips to SoCal this year are essentially cancelled as well as a Hawaii trip. This freed up a bunch of cash not going on trips so it could be put to good use in the future.

We just purchased Riviera direct with a March use year since we will travel spring break to June. We wanted to add on another resort to give us options for an every other year type of deal. My wife loves AKL.

During quarantine, I was in the same boat as everyone else. I thought resale prices would drop 15-25% And I would jump in and grab a deal. I stalked the resale market sites daily, and honestly, this never really came to fruition this summer. Hardly any downward movement. What I also saw were these small 100 or less point contracts go pending the same day.

I was also being picky about what I wanted. I wanted a 100 point March use year. I think since quarantine may have seen three. I saw one pending on a discount site for $108 that I don’t ever recall seeing available. That would have been ideal, but 99.9% sure I would never have access to a contract like that. So I had to evaluate what I was willing to pay for a perfect contract.

So when my ideal contract did show up unexpectedly, I had to seriously consider my time and my money. Do I want to shop around for the perfect price and risk waiting another three months, or do I pay more for the peace of mind of getting what I wanted? I chose the latter. The offer was $129, I put in $123, and they accepted within the hour (note the learning experience here folks). Yes I could have gone lower, but I put in a bid that assumed there would be another buyer and I didn’t want to be outbid. I put in a bid that I was happy and could live with. I put in a bid that placed a value on the 2020 points already banked for me.

So OP, I hope this helps answer your question as to what was going through my mind. Could I have gotten a better price? Yes. But with the rarity of my contract and demand, I didn’t want risk my time and mental energy.

I’d like to give my perspective since we’re one of those in the pending column for AKV on DVCRM. I’ve been looking at AKV resale prices going on three years now. I remember back in 2017 when listed prices were consistently sub-$100. At the same time, BWV was around $105, so it’s not just AKV.

The reason I chose to buy now were two-fold. First, I was a renter on David’s and had a reservation cancelled and got the pseudo-credit. I told myself never again would I put myself in that situation. I wanted to be in control of my plans and how I choose to cancel my trip. I didn’t want to be at the mercy of another company like that. Second, we’re passholders at DLR and all of our trips to SoCal this year are essentially cancelled as well as a Hawaii trip. This freed up a bunch of cash not going on trips so it could be put to good use in the future.

We just purchased Riviera direct with a March use year since we will travel spring break to June. We wanted to add on another resort to give us options for an every other year type of deal. My wife loves AKL.

During quarantine, I was in the same boat as everyone else. I thought resale prices would drop 15-25% And I would jump in and grab a deal. I stalked the resale market sites daily, and honestly, this never really came to fruition this summer. Hardly any downward movement. What I also saw were these small 100 or less point contracts go pending the same day.

I was also being picky about what I wanted. I wanted a 100 point March use year. I think since quarantine may have seen three. I saw one pending on a discount site for $108 that I don’t ever recall seeing available. That would have been ideal, but 99.9% sure I would never have access to a contract like that. So I had to evaluate what I was willing to pay for a perfect contract.

So when my ideal contract did show up unexpectedly, I had to seriously consider my time and my money. Do I want to shop around for the perfect price and risk waiting another three months, or do I pay more for the peace of mind of getting what I wanted? I chose the latter. The offer was $129, I put in $123, and they accepted within the hour (note the learning experience here folks). Yes I could have gone lower, but I put in a bid that assumed there would be another buyer and I didn’t want to be outbid. I put in a bid that I was happy and could live with. I put in a bid that placed a value on the 2020 points already banked for me.

So OP, I hope this helps answer your question as to what was going through my mind. Could I have gotten a better price? Yes. But with the rarity of my contract and demand, I didn’t want risk my time and mental energy.
I couldn't agree more with your post, if you are searching for a small addon a and searching for a contract, with the right amount of points and most importantly the correct use year. What's a few extra dollars to ensure that you score the contract. You would only end up being annoyed with yourself for not going that little bit more. IF you can live with potentially losing the deal then thats fine.

We were waiting for a March, 50pt GF contract, one came up and we ended up at $175 dollar a point, which we could live with. Then 2 days later another came up and we had a $160 offer accepted.

Just my 2 cents worth...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter