AKV resale prices

I just want 160 points, any use year other than September or December so I’m not too picky about anything other than the price!

just got done talking to a DVC guide about Riviera... I figure if I’m not gonna save as much as I was originally thinking on AKV, might as well go direct while the incentives are going on! Tough decisions.

I landed a 100pt contract in Jan with all points 2020 and beyond for $109. Asking was $117. Prices have gone up ever since. Even Mar and April was higher. But now I’ve seen 100 pointers going as high as $140!

I have only been following the market since May or so of this Covid year. AKV prices were definitely better at the very beginning with all the uncertainty. They have been trending upward. For us, since we're planning a post HS and college graduation trip with our daughters in June, we wanted to be owners by then (even though we don't expect there to be much to book at AKV... silver lining is we'll be so excited to go, we'll take any place). But I think the "stuck at home, looking at DVC resale websites" syndrome is making a lot of bidders take action who otherwise might have waited. Maybe we were just stir crazy. But I doubt we're the only ones.

Yep! He said there will be new incentives, just not as much.
Pardon the dumb question, but does Disney “deal” on Direct contracts? I figure it’s a real estate transaction. Most others including resale DVC you can barter down the price.

Not us! We're October which is why we had such an issue finding contracts. We were looking for about 100 or so and bid on half a dozen or so and gave up and went with two BRV's. Sounds like you got a smokin' deal and loaded too wow - impressive! Savannah View is wonderful...we've stayed in a 1 BR and Studio so you'll have plenty of room combined. Enjoy your first trip! :welcome:
What is with October UYs?! So hard to find!

Go to other sites. Most people list their contracts on more than one site. DVC resale market seems like they are trying to artificially manipulate the market.

Their listing prices are higher but they are doing what any business would do when faced with supply and demand: try to make as much money as possible. If buyers are paying the prices then it's considered market.

Their listing prices are higher but they are doing what any business would do when faced with supply and demand: try to make as much money as possible. If buyers are paying the prices then it's considered market.

I agree. If they have buyers, then it’s not over priced. The key is to watch and see if they are selling. If so, then buyers and sellers are coming To some level of agreement,

Sellers won’t keep it higher if it’s not selling unless they don’t care.

I did on three already. Only one would budge close to the low $100s
If you are committed to AKV, I personally would wait for more listings. Have you thought about SSR? Similar years on the contract, lower member fees, less expensive price per point, and there are a fair amount of SSR listings.

Except that it appears they are not giving offers to sellers.

I did on three already. Only one would budge close to the low $100s

I just wanted to add that we do not own at AKV, but we have stayed there several times. It is quite easy to get a reservation at AKV without owning there. The only resorts where we have found it is really helpful to own in order to get reservations: BCV, BWV (standard view especially), GCV, GFV, and BLT standard view. Not sure about RIV because it just hasn’t been open long enough. We have stayed everywhere except Aulani, GFV, and GCV. We have found it impossible to get into GCV without ownership. We have found it difficult but not impossible to get into GFV— we could have booked it a couple of times but just haven’t stayed there yet. I have found you can almost always get into BWV but not standard view. And BCV is quite difficult. The key is to book at 7 months.

There were two OCT AKV's that popped up yesterday morning. I didn't catch them until late morning duh! There was a 50 point and a 25 point both loaded with 2019 banked points for $120. I knew I was too late but put a bid in on the 50. Apparently they sold right off at list and they got a ton of offers. :badpc:

Wow, prices have really shot up since the beginning of lockdown, where they were regularly passing ROFR between $80-90 😞

I just wanted to add that we do not own at AKV, but we have stayed there several times. It is quite easy to get a reservation at AKV without owning there. The only resorts where we have found it is really helpful to own in order to get reservations: BCV, BWV (standard view especially), GCV, GFV, and BLT standard view. Not sure about RIV because it just hasn’t been open long enough. We have stayed everywhere except Aulani, GFV, and GCV. We have found it impossible to get into GCV without ownership. We have found it difficult but not impossible to get into GFV— we could have booked it a couple of times but just haven’t stayed there yet. I have found you can almost always get into BWV but not standard view. And BCV is quite difficult. The key is to book at 7 months.
I know that value and concierge are impossible to get if you don’t own AKV but are there any other room types that are hard to get at 7 months if you aren’t an owner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter