AKV resale prices

I know that value and concierge are impossible to get if you don’t own AKV but are there any other room types that are hard to get at 7 months if you aren’t an owner?
Not really in my experience, and even the value isn't that difficult. I got a value studio and value 1 bedroom for the weekend of July 11 this year. I made that reservation at around 5 months. At 7 months I have seen wide availability for all rooms types. The resort is large!

I know that value and concierge are impossible to get if you don’t own AKV but are there any other room types that are hard to get at 7 months if you aren’t an owner?

We have not had any trouble getting animal kingdom at 7 months. But it does fill over time, and we don’t go Christmas week, or Jersey week (not in Jersey lol but that seems to be a super busy time at Disney), nor do we go Easter week. We only have off the Friday before Easter. So if you only want to go to AKV and you are very specific about when you want to go, then you should probably buy AKV. I was just saying that in my experience AKV is an easy one to get. For us it has been the easiest to get except for SSR. We plan a lot of last minute getaways and have ended up at AKV a lot. Like our choices are usually AKV or SSR. The kids have a running joke when we tell them we are going to WDW: “Let me guess, we’re staying at Animal Kingdom again.” Lol

Not really in my experience, and even the value isn't that difficult. I got a value studio and value 1 bedroom for the weekend of July 11 this year. I made that reservation at around 5 months. At 7 months I have seen wide availability for all rooms types. The resort is large!
This year is not indicative of normal booking patterns, though, given Covid-19’s impact on travel and that the resorts were closed for three months.

Is it hard in normal years to get AKV at 7 months?
Depends what you want and when you want to go. See this post and the post immediately after.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...tember-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/#post-59393044
Value and Club are never available at 7 months. Jambo is harder to book than Kidani, and Jambo studios and 2BRs are frequently unavailable at 7 months. Fall is hard for all room types except 1BRs at Kidani, and even then you have to be on top of it - book right at 8AM eastern the first day you can. Early December is unlikely to be available at 7 months.

Savannah and Standard view are actually pretty well balanced in terms of availability.

This year is not indicative of normal booking patterns, though, given Covid-19’s impact on travel and that the resorts were closed for three months.
Agreed, but I booked the above pre-pandemic. (I meant I had this booked for this past July, though I ended up having to cancel). Also, I was only booking a weekend, if the OP wants a full week in a value that's more challenging.

Wow, prices have really shot up since the beginning of lockdown, where they were regularly passing ROFR between $80-90 😞
They havent been that price in at least a year. I had several bought back in the mid 90s and one at 100.

For the most part no, generally they have have availability at 7 months in all room types besides the value and club room. Of course it’s not 100%, but I’d say 90%.

If you don’t care about Jambo vs Kidani or room type, you can often get rooms at 7 months most time of the year. Jambo is more popular and with fewer rooms, but Kidani usually has even studios available at 7 months except for holidays and most popular times. Value and Concierge are usually gone at 11 months but that doesn’t meant it’s impossible - waitlists and stalking are your friends. :-).

My 160 point AKV contract this past April was $82.50 per point. I only offered that low after seeing contracts in the low 90s being accepted around that price on these boards and following the lowball offer thread.
Not speaking outliers which your deal was, but on average very very small amount of contracts trading hands below 90 and not even many under 100

This spring and early summer there was a dip in the number of available AKV contracts. This led me to offer on an SSR contract instead of AKV. The points, UY and price was good. We decided that if we found a big advantage to owning AKV we would sell our SSR an buy AKV (or maybe BLT) at a later time. Having dietary restrictions and wanting 1 Br instead of studios made home resort more flexible for us

Last edited:

Only Club and Value rooms which even if own there is extremely hard as people are walking those rooms. You might run in to issues around Christmas season which is the case at all resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!