AKV Sunset Savannah Location Request

stevelee

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone...

I am hoping some of the veterans can lend some insight. We are staying at kidani, and were going to request the sunset savannah. I have heard some tell me it is best to also requset close to lobby, others say close to Jambo, and some say low floor.

Can anyone let me know what they normally would do for a request!

You request sunset savannah, close to the lobby.

Of course, you may not get it.

We went to Kidani in January (low crowd time) and I called the first day requests were accepted (I think it's 10 days prior to your stay) and I requested Sunset Savannah and close to the lobby and we got a mile away from the lobby on the Pembe savannah. I complained and complained and got "sorry, nothing we can do".

It's the last time I'll ever stay at AKL. Walking 1 mile to the bus stop is not my idea of a fun vacation. Paying for a savannah view and seeing a couple of ostriches and small antelope is not my idea of a good value.

Issue with Kidani is that the two wings, north and south, are extremely long: end rooms of north wing are about 1/3 mile from the lobby, south wing just over 1/4 mile. Thus many request close to lobby or close to community hall (which is right near the lobby). Also many prefer the lower floor (2 or 3) direct sight view of animals rather than the more panoramic upper floor (4 and 5) view of the savanna and thus request lower floor. I have usually gotten my requests like those requests when I made them but for the last time I went earlier this month, I had requested close to lobby and low floor and got 4th floor right near the end of the south wing, i.e., neither request was even close to being met met.

Other possible requests to consider: (a) close to the Rafiki elevator; that puts you a little ways from the lobby on the north wing but gives you the shortest possible walk at the resort to the pool, from that elevator on the ground floor (the ground floor is the parking garage); (b) close to the Timon elevator; puts you a little ways from the lobby on the south wing but fairly close to the exit on the south wing that is nearest the bus stop; (c) if you want to be close to Jambo, request room near the Zazu elevator, the last elevator on the south wing; if you request close to Jambo, you could get a room on the south wing that is well past that elevator but you have to go back to that elevator to get to the ground floor and walk to Jambo. The walk to Jambo is little more than 1/4 mile from the Zazu elevator.

Also, you likely want to request Sunset savanna view (the largest savanna) because it has giraffes and Pembe does not. Any request that automatically puts you near lobby or on the south wing (near community hall, near Timon elevator, or near Zazu elevator) does not really need a Sunset savanna request because all savanna rooms in those areas face only Sunset.

We always request Sunset Savanna, Low Floor in that order. I don't care how far we are from the lobby because we don't mind walking. Rooms further from the lobby are usually quieter since there is less foot traffic going past the room.

To make a request, call (or send email to) Member Services and have them note your request on your reservation. I usually do this at the time I make the reservation.

Good luck with your requests! The only time I've ever stayed at Kidani, I requested a low floor near the lobby. I got put in the seventh "pod", VERY far away. It was also the only time I had to call the front desk because my luggage was delivered to the wrong room (an unlocked suitcase containing my laptop-I was a little nervous).

Thanks so much for the input everyone... I really appreciate it all. I will make the request and cross my fingers and see what we get!

Good luck with your requests! The only time I've ever stayed at Kidani, I requested a low floor near the lobby. I got put in the seventh "pod", VERY far away. It was also the only time I had to call the front desk because my luggage was delivered to the wrong room (an unlocked suitcase containing my laptop-I was a little nervous).

I agree, there are some benefits to being away from the lobby. I prefer a quite hallway to a short walk.

I'm super nervous too. When I made my reservation it was the last day of the PAP special so there was no calling MS unless that's all I wanted my day to entail. I need to call and add it. We really want to be close to the bus stop. I'm thinking of saying Timon elevator. Our friends going with us haven't been to Disney in 8 yrs, this is a huge trip for them and I'm in "make it awesome" mode.

Question: Our family is checking in early in the day and our friends are arriving later. At check in. Can we sweetly with all the NC charm I can find, remind them of our request? We plan to spend the day at DTD and the pool so will not be in a rush for the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter