Alamo AND National to be onsite...

Pluto4President

DIS Veteran ºoº DVC 4ME
From the DVC boards...

Originally posted by mistermouse
Per the National agent at the desk, Alamo and National are merging; both will now be located at MCO, under the name Alamo-National - no more offsite for Alamo reservations.

Interesting. I still like National's service people much better than Alamo's. Would be interesting if Alamo continues its QuickSilver program or if they merge and all operate under an EA program.

Any idea as to when this merge takes effect? I've used National several times, and have been pleased, but adding Alamo doesn't make me feel better. There have been alot of negative experiences posted about them.:confused:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We called a few weeks ago to the WDW Car Care Center inquiring about a EA dropoff there and they answered the phone"Alamo-National"

Hmmmm....I've always been pleased with National's service and staff BUT I've had some nightmares with Alamo.:mad:

This should prove very interesting to say the least.;)

I know at least in Florida, National and Alamo are doing this in many airports, so I am not surprised they are sharing the Center at WDW. This was a decision made while going through reorganization. A suit was brought in Florida by the other rental car companies, in which ANC (the parent company of National and Alamo) prevailed. I know in my Airport that they do share staff, but are still considered separate entities.

Thank you for the info. I was wondering how this would work out. If they just switched from National to Alamo (offsite) I would NEVER use them but if they are onsite (with National) then maybe.

But I guess it doesn't really matter now because if we're loosing the DC discount, I'll just go with any onsite company that has the best price!

When two companies merge as it appears these two are doing, usually one of them absorbs the other in the end. I'm willing to bet that this "National-Alamo" thing is temporary, and in the end it will end up as either one or the other. (I sure hope it's National.)

Gail,

Perhaps it will end up being more like the Ford/Mercury arrangement. I read today (after my previous post) that the parent company is going to aim Alamo toward the leisure market, National toward the business market.

Erik,
Yep, that is the plan, read about it a few weeks ago. Lets hope it is successful and that they ditch their awful reputation. Frankly, I have never had a problem with them (except for a very very rude attendant in Tampa, but, that was taken care of REALLY fast, before I even left Fl., gotta love that QS hotline).

My only concern is will the airport location be for both leisure and business customers? I can not see them desserting that big area they have off-site. Seeing they probably get higher prices from the business users, will that be the only onsite facility?? We aren't going until next JUly so I want to try to stay on top of this. If I can get a good deal at Alamo and it is onsite I will try them. Right now it's dollar that I'm going with. Keep the info coming
:)

JC,
I cannot see them deserting the large facility they have either, but, we both know there is no way they will ever fit all those vehicles in the garage at MCO. Maybe they will store the cars there. I expect they will serve both the leisure and business travelers at the airport.

It wouldn't be so bad to take a shuttle to actually get your car if you can do the paperwork at the airport. Most of the agencies that I have used will drive you right to the car, and off site pick up worked especially well if you belonged to their "club".

What I really hated about Alamo was the long lines at the off site counter. You couldn't tell until you got there what the lines were like and unless you wanted to load up and take the shuttle back to the airport, your alternatives were non-existent! Couple that with indifferent (and sometimes rude & pushy) service agents and Alamo lost my business forever!

If they fix their service problem(s) and have their counter work at the airport (and it sounds like they will/already do), I will give them another try if the price is competitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter