Alamo car rental rates --WOW!

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Got the new Disney club booklet which indicated a discount using the Disney Club card. Gave a discount code and rate code. I called to get the rate. WOW!!! Way too high!!! over $400 for a week. I told the lady it was a ridiculous price. She asked if I would like a lower price. What a question!!! Of course I did. She checked around and told me she was going to give me the internet rate. Over $150 less!!! By the way, the full size was cheaper than the mid-size. What a racket these auto rental places.
(Called back to inquire again, and got a different sales person, who was less helpful. Didn't offer any discounted rates at all. )

Well I reserved the rate with the first attendant and went online to check the rate - $347. I clicked on a few different ads that Alamo had. Found one promo for the same size vehicle - full size at $219 including tax!!!!!!!!

Of course, then I reserved that. Just wanted to show that these places aren't very upfront. Somewhere hidden, there is a cheaper rate. The phone sales people make very little effort to do their best for you.

Has anyone rented with Alamo?

I wonder if for the cheaper rate, I am getting a car that was in a wreck or one that is on its last legs......Why such a huge difference in price?

I have noticed that rental car rates are sometimes cheaper for a larger car. Just depends on the deals they are running. Some sites like National and Avis at MCO will show you the prices for diferent sizes when you enter your request online. You should always check multiple companies for the same size car and then also check any discount codes you may be eligible for and compare all the quoutes. Somtimes you will find a company has the highest regular rate betwen several companies - but then it has the best discount rate. Car rental companies seem happy to gouge you if you don't dig to find out the best price.

Just wanted to add and emphasize that the advertised Disney Club code was higher than the price without any code at all on either the website or by phone.

I guess once they hear that you are a Disney vacationer, they think they can charge a premium price.

Try it and you'll see for yourself. Also get a good laugh. Log onto the Alamo site and add code, then repeat process without a code. The price actually goes *down*!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter