Alaska with Teen - which line/ship?

HookedOnDCL1

Mouseketeer
As we await Disney to release Summer 2021, we're considering comparing with other lines. We can only go in July and suspect Disney will be too expensive, although we love Disney. We've only ever done Disney, though we have a Royal 4 night booked for this summer to try it out. Considering Royal, Holland or Princess for Alaska but so many options. Travelling with our teen daughter (16) so looking for a more family oriented line/ship. Don't want it to be an older demographic and don't want her to feel like she's the only kid onboard. Royal Ovation looks better than the other Royal options for Alaska. What other lines and ships would you recommend we look at? What about the land and sea options -do they have families or mostly older adults?

Itinerary is the deciding factor. Anything that does Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage. Princess has the most permits to do these stops.

For a summer Alaska trip, the Princess demographic will be tons of families. We went on Emerald Princess in the Summer of 2018 and my Daughter was 15 and they had plenty of kids their age on the ship...

For a summer Alaska trip, the Princess demographic will be tons of families. We went on Emerald Princess in the Summer of 2018 and my Daughter was 15 and they had plenty of kids their age on the ship...
Ok, great to know! Thanks!

We are doing Radiance of the seas this summer with my girls who will be 15. I actually prefer Royal to Disney cruise lines. As my daughter said Disney for theme parks, royal for cruises.

We cruised on Disney Fantasy Christmas week, and Independence of the seas Valentine's weekend. With the exception of the room Steward, everything else was better on royal .

We are doing Radiance of the seas this summer with my girls who will be 15. I actually prefer Royal to Disney cruise lines. As my daughter said Disney for theme parks, royal for cruises.

We cruised on Disney Fantasy Christmas week, and Independence of the seas Valentine's weekend. With the exception of the room Steward, everything else was better on royal .
This is interesting! Thanks for your response! We are really looking forward to trying Royal this summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter