Alauni Vacation - Never Been, Need Advice

Agree--I found this post just really entitled and offensive in the description of Hawaiians...and, as you said, @Lilsia , highly inaccurate, based on the multiple trips we have made to Oahu.
how many times have you stopped and spoken with people, got off the highway and spoken? and what about ALL the signs telling you to stop development, calling us US invaders, ? I suppose you turned a blind eye to those? were people rude, no, did I feel like I was in danger, NO. This was our experience, period. Not some story. I'm glad you love it there. If I wanted industrial, overcrowded and smoke filled air I'd have gone to LA. or maybe china. I read trip reports and love the honest every aspect ones, that don't sugar coat everything, I understand everyone has different taste. so it was also my understanding that others who read this would appreciate how we felt about the place and compare it to what others wrote. We stayed away from your fav beaches because we don't like overcrowded , busy places, we don't shop much and so on. If I want a overcrowded party beach, I can go to Miami. In my youth , we went to miami a lot.
I won't bother posting another trip report, because it seems like if you have a bad experience, you get blasted if you write about it.

LPNerd, you are entitled to your opinion as we have all stated previously - the main issue is that no other visitors seem to have had the same experience (including those of us whom travel there very regularly). When this has been written, you seem to take it as a personal attack.

LPNerd, you are entitled to your opinion as we have all stated previously - the main issue is that no other visitors seem to have had the same experience (including those of us whom travel there very regularly). When this has been written, you seem to take it as a personal attack.

In LPNerd's defense, I did say that the post sounded entitled, which is a fairly charged word, so I can see how that might make my post feel like a personal attack. I was just really put off by the Hawaiian people on Oaha being called "angry island people"--that just felt really nasty. I'm all about being accountable for one's words, so I'm doing that here. Again, I have never had that experience on Oahu or the other islands I've visited in Hawaii. I also did not find the island to be polluted or industrial, which I guess are opinions? It seems like most others also didn't have that experience. I certainly agree that the chair situation at Aulani is an issue, and I have posted many times about how unimpressed I've been with the food (which is why we always buy groceries and do a lot of cooking). Regardless, yes, varying opinions are good things. I can definitively say that I did not, anywhere in my post, call LPNerd a liar, despite what was called out to me on PM earlier today, and for which I was apparently "reported".... Apologies to anyone, including LPNerd, who felt attacked by my response. I assume that I am also entitled to my opinions?

Jody, I don’t think that you deserved to be called out. I personally am not even that enamored with Aulani - IMO it is every bit as nice as Marriott Beach Club and the privately owned Beach Villas - but am happy to read reports about it as Oahu is my happy place.

I would just remind for renting a car... it's $37 per night for parking, so if you know you aren't going off property a couple days I don't know how much it's worth it to have a car 'just in case'. There are cars across the street at the golf course to rent by the hour or by the day (Hui app).
DVC Members staying on points do not pay for parking is my understanding.

how many times have you stopped and spoken with people, got off the highway and spoken? and what about ALL the signs telling you to stop development, calling us US invaders, ? I suppose you turned a blind eye to those? were people rude, no, did I feel like I was in danger, NO. This was our experience, period. Not some story. I'm glad you love it there. If I wanted industrial, overcrowded and smoke filled air I'd have gone to LA. or maybe china. I read trip reports and love the honest every aspect ones, that don't sugar coat everything, I understand everyone has different taste. so it was also my understanding that others who read this would appreciate how we felt about the place and compare it to what others wrote. We stayed away from your fav beaches because we don't like overcrowded , busy places, we don't shop much and so on. If I want a overcrowded party beach, I can go to Miami. In my youth , we went to miami a lot.
I won't bother posting another trip report, because it seems like if you have a bad experience, you get blasted if you write about it.

I live in L.A. Have you ever been? Crowded? Okay, in places. Industrial? Certain areas of course, just like any other city. But smoke filled air? I don't think so. Sure we get poor air quality some days, but not smoke filled air. Maybe travel just isn't for you, and that's okay. But I don't see why everything you post is so negative. Have you ever traveled somewhere that did make you happy?

We book dining reservations at the various restaurants for all of our nights. The food is expensive, but it's much better than the nearby restaurants (except for the main restaurant at the Four Seasons next door, which is great).

Hubby bought "us" (me) a GoPro right before our Dec WDW trip and I took snips of video but I have no idea how to put them all together like your dd did! Our Aulani trip is a little over 4 months away and I feel like I need to cram for a final to learn how to edit them all together! Your dd did a great job!
I have no idea how to do it. She does it on her computer is all I know. I am allowed no input until they are done and by that time to late.
The free software that came with your GoPro is great for editing (and for grabbing still shots out of your videos). Super easy to use!! There are other packages too, but if those are intimidating, try the GoPro first—I promise it’s straightforward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!