All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

That's amazing! I really see no downside to getting a fixed week then, unless you really wanted a precise number of points and don't want to buy the extra 10% of points

I agree with @intamin that there is really no downside to Fixed Weeks. We have a FW at the RIV and we love it!

We don't have to walk/stalk the reservation...it just automatically shows up as booked in our account. Love that! :-)

And at the RIV, over time when resale buyers will be forced to use their resale RIV points at the RIV, we don't want to have a problem booking our preferred week.

Since you don't lose your 10% extra points if you cancel the Fixed Week, this was a no-brainer for us.

There was a chart in the past (can't find it now) that showed that the majority of Fixed Weeks were purchased from Week 47 (Thanksgiving) until Week 52 (New Years).

Since those weeks are also the super busy holiday times at WDW, renting out those points (or that confirmed reservation) should not be a problem...if we don't use our FW for that year.

In fact, we wish that all of our DVC contracts were Fixed Weeks!

Fixed Weeks do popup on resale occasionally, and they go right away.

Yeah we would probably do one during early December for insurance. Then maybe during Food and Wine (October maybe?) if December is not available

Yeah we would probably do one during early December for insurance. Then maybe during Food and Wine (October maybe?) if December is not available
Yep that's the time I'd lock in too. I ultimately went with week 50 which is easier to book than week 48/49 but that's just because I feel like we might actually consider using week 50. Week 48/49 is the first 2 weeks of December and just thinking to the future with kids and etc. I may not want to pull them out of school then. If the kids are in college as well finals often happen during that first week of December. However, I am eyeing to buy a fixed week at Poly once sales for that starts up and do week 49 for that one which would be harder to book.

I'm thinking of doing a fixed week if I buy into RIV direct. I understand that they make you buy more points (around 10%) than the week normally costs booking points. If you cancel the reservation, do you get back the full amount of points you purchased? Or minus the 10%?

For example, If you bought a theoretical week that normally books for 100 points, but they made you buy and use 110 for the week. If you cancel do you get all 110 or just the 100?

Trying to decide if there is there any downside to buying a fixed week just in case, even if you end up cancelling it and going a different time every year. If you were already going to buy more points than required, there doesn't seem to be much downside, unless you lose those 10% of points every year no matter what
If you convert your FW back into points, you get the full allotment of points back into your UY.

I will start out by saying that while I did look over the 40 pages of responses here I may have missed the answer to this question that I had about fixes/favorite weeks. I know they go from Sunday-Saturday. But if you dont typically travel Sunday-Saturday, say you go Tues-Mon because of schedules/flights etc, what happens then? Can you modify the dates after your week is available to book at 11mo? Or is the only option to just flat out cancel it, get the points put back in to your acct and then risk rebooking it from scratch? If you can modify, I assume that it would then go back to the regular pts per night for the booking? We just typically dont go Sun-Sat so seeing if there is any way a fav week would be beneficial for us or not. Im thinking if you got a fav week booked, and then were able to modify it to change the dates( take off a few on the front and add them to the back) even if you had to wait till the 11mo mark of the 1st day you wanted to start the reservation, then it could be beneficial because the first days are alway the hardest to get booked while the days on the end typically are available to be modified into at 11mo, if that makes sense.

I will start out by saying that while I did look over the 40 pages of responses here I may have missed the answer to this question that I had about fixes/favorite weeks. I know they go from Sunday-Saturday. But if you dont typically travel Sunday-Saturday, say you go Tues-Mon because of schedules/flights etc, what happens then? Can you modify the dates after your week is available to book at 11mo? Or is the only option to just flat out cancel it, get the points put back in to your acct and then risk rebooking it from scratch? If you can modify, I assume that it would then go back to the regular pts per night for the booking? We just typically dont go Sun-Sat so seeing if there is any way a fav week would be beneficial for us or not. Im thinking if you got a fav week booked, and then were able to modify it to change the dates( take off a few on the front and add them to the back) even if you had to wait till the 11mo mark of the 1st day you wanted to start the reservation, then it could be beneficial because the first days are alway the hardest to get booked while the days on the end typically are available to be modified into at 11mo, if that makes sense.
It is always booked as a Sunday-Sunday reservation. You cannot modify the reservation. You would have to cancel it and then re-book it. If you know in advance that you didn't want to do the whole week you can let member services know before it's booked not to book it and then try booking the dates you want at 11 months like normal and yes it would go back to regular points without the markup for a fixed week.

You could always walk the reservation prior to the time you're trying to go if you're concerned about it being booked up again like a normal reservation. If you have a reservation already booked using the fixed week points, obviously member services would not be able to book your fixed week for you and you wouldn't need to call in to cancel the reservation.

It is always booked as a Sunday-Sunday reservation. You cannot modify the reservation. You would have to cancel it and then re-book it. If you know in advance that you didn't want to do the whole week you can let member services know before it's booked not to book it and then try booking the dates you want at 11 months like normal and yes it would go back to regular points without the markup for a fixed week.

You could always walk the reservation prior to the time you're trying to go if you're concerned about it being booked up again like a normal reservation. If you have a reservation already booked using the fixed week points, obviously member services would not be able to book your fixed week for you and you wouldn't need to call in to cancel the reservation.
Ok that answers my question then. If I never plan on using it from Sun-Sat then a fixed week really has no benefit to me with the exception of resale being possibly more desirable and therefore commanding a higher price. If you could modify it then I could see the benefit for me, but without that, I dont think it does. Thanks!

Ok that answers my question then. If I never plan on using it from Sun-Sat then a fixed week really has no benefit to me with the exception of resale being possibly more desirable and therefore commanding a higher price. If you could modify it then I could see the benefit for me, but without that, I dont think it does. Thanks!
Yep exactly. Its really just for resale value at that point which is also fair because at the end of the day the contract can still be used just like any other contract. Even if you never go week 48, a week 48 150 pt contract will go for more than a 150 pt plain contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter