Thank you so much for maintaining this thread!! For years I followed and relied on Cheshire Figments advice & knowledge on tickets and I appreciate your willingness to continue to help us with this complicated subject!
Small background ......from approx 2007 to 2015 we would travel several times a year to WDW. Some years with AP's, others with WDW travel pkgs, old tickets etc. I have bridged multiple types of tickets in the past. In the last several years we tended to have more trips revolving around seasonal events: a long weekend for F&W and MNSSHP, and around Thanksgiving for Christmas. We didn't always have a longer trip in a given year. After the unpredictability of our trips combined with HUGE AP price increases, I started utilizing non-expiring Hoppers w/Water park tix. These were VERY expensive but were a great option for our now more common short trips, which may consist of a separate entrance party ticket, and only 1 or 2 days of other WDW park hopping. Fast forward to Feb. 2015, and with 2 days notice a frantic purchase from UCT of 2 Adult & 1 Child non expiring 10 day tix, with all the bells and whistles. It was money I wasn't prepared to spend at that time , or I may have purchased even more of them.
As a result of the non expiring tickets no longer being offered, and soaring WDW admission prices (AP s have doubled), I have been very stingy using my non Expiring tickets. Some trips we only use party tickets, hang at resort, and maybe do Seaworld (Super Grover APs). Now this is nice, but I miss our old trips , but Disney may have priced us out....ok mini rant over...
My problem.....due to my stingy use of tickets, my then child, now Disney Adult, has not used one of the non expiring tickets, we are still working on using another up. I know that the partially used ticket can be corrected, but what do I do about the ticket that hasn't been used yet? I dont mind paying to upgrade it, but can I even do that since they dont offer this type of ticket anymore? Will they only credit me towards an Adult expiring ticket?
The bummer is, if they had been hard tickets I probably would have managed them better, using each ticket, but on the virtual Magic Band system, originally it was a chore to find a cast member to reprioritize correctly. Also probably due to fact we didn't always use them, instead using old Dinning plan tix, party only...etc.

So sorry for such a long winded question ...I used to know the ins & outs , now I'm out of the loop.

Thanks again for all of your assistance to the Disboards....it is VERY appreciated!!!

-my then child, now Disney Adult, has not used one of the non expiring tickets, we are still working on using another up.
I know that the partially used ticket can be corrected, but
1. what do I do about the ticket that hasn't been used yet?
2. I dont mind paying to upgrade it, but can I even do that since they dont offer this type of ticket anymore?
3. Will they only credit me towards an Adult expiring ticket?

1. First, just to say it, go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations.
2. It never hurts to "ask nicely."
3. Likely so, but you should get what you originally paid for the never-used ticket.
And, again, see #2 above.

Thanks for the kind words about the Ticket Sticky.

Does anyone know what the block out dates are for the Fl resident tickets? I cannot seem to find it. Thank you

Is this the thread to follow to see when one of the brokers offers a "special" on tickets?

I know this has been asked and answered but I don't remember where. We are going to Universal for 5 days in December and then over to WDW for 2 weeks. We have 5-day Military Salute tickets and they have been added to MDE already. I will get an additional 1-day MYW ticket when we get to Disney. When I add those tickets to MDE, how can I ensure that the 1-day MYW will be used for admission LAST? I have never run into this before. TIA.

I know this has been asked and answered but I don't remember where. We are going to Universal for 5 days in December and then over to WDW for 2 weeks. We have 5-day Military Salute tickets and they have been added to MDE already. I will get an additional 1-day MYW ticket when we get to Disney. When I add those tickets to MDE, how can I ensure that the 1-day MYW will be used for admission LAST? I have never run into this before. TIA.
Go to guest relations before you go to a park gate and have the tickets’ priority set to the order you’d like to use the tickets.

This is probably addressed but I haven't seen it. I have a package stay with 8 day tickets. That stay is for five nights and I have two room only stays immediately following for another six nights. I was looking at the tickets listed in MDE today and they show as expiring in the day I check out of my package stay. I assume that is just a "glitch" as even though part of a package they should still be good for 14 days after first use, correct?

This is probably addressed but I haven't seen it. I have a package stay with 8 day tickets. That stay is for five nights and I have two room only stays immediately following for another six nights. I was looking at the tickets listed in MDE today and they show as expiring in the day I check out of my package stay. I assume that is just a "glitch" as even though part of a package they should still be good for 14 days after first use, correct?
Glitch, yes

As many people say on the boards, I'm sure this has been asked before, so, apologies. I see in the intro to this thread and elsewhere that an AP can get resort discounts from time to time. Does anyone have a sense how often those discounts are offered, how substantial the discounts can be and how to find our if/when they are offered? Ty

As many people say on the boards, I'm sure this has been asked before, so, apologies. I see in the intro to this thread and elsewhere that an AP can get resort discounts from time to time. Does anyone have a sense how often those discounts are offered, how substantial the discounts can be and how to find our if/when they are offered? Ty

You can ask this question on the DIS "Resorts" Forum - HERE.

And, :welcome: to posting on the DISboards, Chris!

Hello all: I bought a 7 day park hopper from UTC because it had the best savings ($69 using the MS link). I am planning to bridge it to a DVC Platnium AP (which is currently being offered at the price of the Gold AP) next week while at the parks. What price should I use to determine my savings when I bridge? The posted gate price of the hopper? Or the online advanced purchase price which is $21.30 cheaper?

TIA

Question. My daughter is competing in the all star cheer championship at Disney in March. I have the ability to purchase myself an awesomely discounted 4 day hopper through the competition. The page itself say that the ticket itself is only valid March 7-17,2018. Does anyone know if I could upgrade this to an AP or does that short window mean I can't upgrade? I know I'll be going back at least once before the end of 2018 and AP is probably the best way for me to go so I am trying to determine the most cost effective way to go about purchasing.

Question. My daughter is competing in the all star cheer championship at Disney in March. I have the ability to purchase myself an awesomely discounted 4 day hopper through the competition. The page itself say that the ticket itself is only valid March 7-17,2018. Does anyone know if I could upgrade this to an AP or does that short window mean I can't upgrade? I know I'll be going back at least once before the end of 2018 and AP is probably the best way for me to go so I am trying to determine the most cost effective way to go about purchasing.

Even IF the ticket could be upgraded (unlikely,) it would only be worth (in the upgrade transaction) what was paid for it originally, so there would be no savings at all involved in an AP purchase.
And, that AP would be back-dated to the day the original ticket was first used.

If you want to buy an AP and get a cost-savings, purchase a discounted ticket from an authorized Disney ticket reseller, and then upgrade that ticket.

Considering purchasing an Annual Pass as we have 7 days in the parks planned for January 2018 and then another 8 for September 2018.

If I choose to purchase an Annual Pass, will I be able to add the Disney Dining Plan to my resort reservation for September's visit?

Considering purchasing an Annual Pass as we have 7 days in the parks planned for January 2018 and then another 8 for September 2018.

If I choose to purchase an Annual Pass, will I be able to add the Disney Dining Plan to my resort reservation for September's visit?
You can add a dining plan to a room only reservation to make a ticketless package. It will then follow the package cancellation policy.

Even IF the ticket could be upgraded (unlikely,) it would only be worth (in the upgrade transaction) what was paid for it originally, so there would be no savings at all involved in an AP purchase.
And, that AP would be back-dated to the day the original ticket was first used.

If you want to buy an AP and get a cost-savings, purchase a discounted ticket from an authorized Disney ticket reseller, and then upgrade that ticket.

Thank you so much for the information. It was one of those things where I got so excited at first but the more I thought about it the more it nagged at me. While it is a bit of a bummer, I'm glad I asked and had my concerns confirmed. I would have been SO MAD at myself if I got the cheap cheap ticket and gotten down there to find this out.

Is there any sort of calculator someone has created to help people decide when it's more advantageous to purchase an Annual Pass over regular tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!