Please don't take the upgrade experiences, good or bad, as representative of where YOU should or should not upgrade.
It changes with the CMs that you encounter... and that can change from one day to the next.
Going out of your way to get to a specific location can actually backfire on you, depending on the unknown factors of CM shift assignments.

Oh I know, but I like to get details. We are probably going to the location in Liberty Square if we don't have time before park opening.

Oh I know, but I like to get details. We are probably going to the location in Liberty Square if we don't have time before park opening.
At least this is a nice and quiet location. I did DGD's AP renewal there. And you tend to be less rushed than when you first enter. At least we do

Oh I know, but I like to get details.

Take it from someone who has FILES of details...
You can't tell where to go on Thursday based on info from Monday.
Some stories will bleach your hair.

Thanks, does my figures look right? Also are the tickets on the magic band the day you check in or do i need to check in first. I'm not familiar with packages, i usually buy my tickets separately. :)

You do not need to use tickets before upgrading.
It does not affect the upgrade price.

Do I have this right? I have a free dining package and 10 day hoppers for 5 adults in the package, which would be valued at $2,742.40. If i wanted to upgrade those to gold annual passes (DVC), they would cost $2,976.70. So i would just need to pay $234.40? Would i need to use the 10 days tickets first or can i upgrade them right away? Thanks!

Thanks, does my figures look right? Also are the tickets on the magic band the day you check in or do i need to check in first. I'm not familiar with packages, i usually buy my tickets separately. :)

Do I have this right? I have a free dining package and 10 day hoppers for 5 adults in the package, which would be valued at $2,742.40. If i wanted to upgrade those to gold annual passes (DVC), they would cost $2,976.70. So i would just need to pay $234.40? Would i need to use the 10 days tickets first or can i upgrade them right away? Thanks!
Please help save my sanity and only discuss one ticket.
(I'm away from my computer and on a smart phone.)
I can easily look up a single price and quickly check the math.
I can't easily deal with the confusing numbers of multiple tickets. (Everybody has a varying list of tickets.)
After determining the costs for one ticket, its easy to multiply.

I will add that the ONLY factor in my upgrade decision is convenience. And if I don't like the answer I get there, I'll be trying at the MK later that that evening. (I prefer to get it out of the way as early on in the as possible.)

Ok, a 10 day hopper ticket $548.48. A Gold Annual pass $595.34, $46.86 due at time of upgrade? Do i need to check in at the resort before they are on my band?
Thanks!

Please help save my sanity and only discuss one ticket.
(I'm away from my computer and on a smart phone.)
I can easily look up a single price and quickly check the math.
I can't easily deal with the confusing numbers of multiple tickets. (Everybody has a varying list of tickets.)
After determining the costs for one ticket, its easy to multiply.

1. Ok, a 10 day hopper ticket $548.48. A Gold Annual pass $595.34, $46.86 due at time of upgrade?
2. Do i need to check in at the resort before they are on my band?
Thanks!

Thank you.
$595.34
= 46.86 per ticket upgrade Correct.

2. Nope.
But, if these are package tickets, they will not automatically become active until the DATE that you are to check-in.

BTW, if you use ON-LINE check-in and set your arrival time for early in the morning,
you will never need to go to the resort's check-in desk,
and all rights and privileges of a resort guest will
kick in automatically at the very beginning of check-in day.

Any idea if tickets that were part of a bounceback offer that we booked during our trip last September ('16) for a trip this August ('17) would carry the 12/31/18 expiration? Or would they be the old non-expiry (but would expire 14 days after first use) since they were part of a package booked pre-Feb?

Any idea if tickets that were part of a bounceback offer that we booked during our trip last September ('16) for a trip this August ('17) would carry the 12/31/18 expiration? Or would they be the old non-expiry (but would expire 14 days after first use) since they were part of a package booked pre-Feb?

No way to know in advance.

If you are upgrading,
have the price figured both ways and when you are quoted the price, if its the higher one,
there's no harm in "asking nicely" for the lower one.

No way to know.

If you are Upgrading,
have the price figured both ways and when you are quoted the price, if its the higher one,
there's no harm in "asking nicely" for the lower one.

Thanks, I should have stated the reason for my question :) Saw a UT flash sale for 7 day PH, so if tickets from a package booked last year for this year don't have the 2018 expiration, was going to jump in on the deal and 'save' the package tickets for a future trip.

Thanks, I should have stated the reason for my question :) Saw a UT flash sale for 7 day PH, so if tickets from a package booked last year for this year don't have the 2018 expiration, was going to jump in on the deal and 'save' the package tickets for a future trip.

If the tickets from UT will suit your current needs with a savings, you can buy them.

If you will be holding onto the package tickets, we don't know what will happen regarding future price increases,
but even if the package tickets expire before use, they will still retain their current monetary value in the purchase
of new tickets in the future.

Last edited:
Can you still buy a dining plan if you are an AP holder as part of a resort package? I know there are ticketless packages but didn't know how the AP works with that.

Can you still buy a dining plan if you are an AP holder as part of a resort package? I know there are ticketless packages but didn't know how the AP works with that.

Annual Pass guests can get a special package with a dining plan but no tickets.
The “ticketless” package is available to book only with a travel agent or over the phone with Disney.

AP question here
2 years ago we had APs that we bought before our vacation started and they sent us voucher cards that we then exchanged for activated APs in Downtown Disney the day before.
I read the FAQ on here about APs and it seems like you are still supposed to get vouchers
I ordered APs again this year right before the price increase, late February maybe? They show up on my MDE account but I haven't received any physical vouchers. Our vacation starts August 14th. Should I be calling Disney to tell them I didn't receive vouchers or do they not send them anymore?
Thanks

AP question here
2 years ago we had APs that we bought before our vacation started and they sent us voucher cards that we then exchanged for activated APs in Downtown Disney the day before.
1. I read the FAQ on here about APs and it seems like you are still supposed to get vouchers
2. I ordered APs again this year right before the price increase, late February maybe?
3. They show up on my MDE account
4. but I haven't received any physical vouchers.
5. Our vacation starts August 14th.
6. Should I be calling Disney to tell them I didn't receive vouchers
7. or do they not send them anymore?
Thanks

1. Not necessarily.
2. Understood.
3. That's all that is necessary.
4. Not at all needed.
5. Sounds like FUN!
6. No need.
7. While it is still possible to order an AP certificate,
it is an unnecessary procedure.
If the AP shows in your MDE account, every member of your party 18 years and older
can just take a legal photo ID to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and activate their AP.
Everyone will THEN get an AP card to use for park entry (if you don't have any MBs) and/or
for use for AP discounts, etc.

Hi all!

This thread is full of great information! I've spent a lot of time reading through the posts but didn't see anything that references what we are looking to do:

We are huge Disneyland fans (live in Seattle) and purchased two APs for DLR resort in January when they had the 13-for-12 promotion. We haven't activated these passes yet and plan to do so the first week in November.

In February we found ourselves in Orlando for work and were going to extend our stay to enjoy WDW for the first time and purchased 8-day MYW tickets through th convention program. Due to issues we decided to put it off until October.

I was thinking on my way home last week, would it be possible to:

1. activate our Disneyland APs at WDW and upgrade to Disney Premier Passport?
  2. apply our 8-day MYW ticket value towards the upgrade?

I did the math and with our intent to visit WDW at least one or two more times next calendar year, the inclusion of memory maker, and having no blackout dates in Disneyland, it would only cost about $550 total to upgrade.

Has anyone experienced this kind of activation, upgrade, and application of tickets before?

Many thanks in advance!

Your friend in Mickey

Read through and just double checking I understand:

I purchased a 4 day MYW Ticket with 2 extra days for $370.28 (pre-tax price)

AP is $779.

So I will pay $408.72 plus the 6.5% tax? So $435.29ish?

Because I still need to add Memory Maker and that would be $169 so really I'm only paying an extra $266 and change to upgrade and we are going back in the fall.

Then my AP can be used for discounts?

Read through and just double checking I understand:

I purchased a 4 day MYW Ticket with 2 extra days for $370.28 (pre-tax price)

AP is $779.

So I will pay $408.72 plus the 6.5% tax? So $435.29ish?

You have a 6-day ticket as far as Disney's computers are concerned. The post-tax pre-arrival price of a 6-day base ticket is $415.35.

The post-tax price for a Platinum pass is $829.64. (Assuming you aren't a Florida resident or DVC member.)

You should pay $414.29 if my calculator can be trusted this early in the morning.

Hi all!

This thread is full of great information! I've spent a lot of time reading through the posts but didn't see anything that references what we are looking to do:

We are huge Disneyland fans (live in Seattle) and purchased two APs for DLR resort in January when they had the 13-for-12 promotion. We haven't activated these passes yet and plan to do so the first week in November.

In February we found ourselves in Orlando for work and were going to extend our stay to enjoy WDW for the first time and purchased 8-day MYW tickets through th convention program. Due to issues we decided to put it off until October.

I was thinking on my way home last week, would it be possible to:

1. activate our Disneyland APs at WDW and upgrade to Disney Premier Passport?
  2. apply our 8-day MYW ticket value towards the upgrade?

From what I've seen over the years...

1. Yes.
2. Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts