Just a question I know we get free parking but if you just bought the ap online but not activated it yet do you still have to pay for the parking the first day you go to the park?

Just a question I know we get free parking but if you just bought the ap online but not activated it yet do you still have to pay for the parking the first day you go to the park?

Tell the parking CM that you are going to activate your AP.
If (s)he still makes you pay, simply save your parking receipt and take it to the
same place (Guest Relations or ticket booth) at which you activate the AP,
and ask to be reimbursed for the parking fee.
Very, very common procedure.

Have fun!

Yes, you have to pay the fee, but once you have activated the AP, show the parking receipt to the Guest Relations CM and they should refund the parking fee.

Steve

Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Hi, Robo,

First and foremost--THANK YOU!!!

Next, for everyone who hasn't followed this thread, in brief:

On March 5, I upgraded a 7-day PH that I bought from UT in December 2017 to a Platinum AP. I was charged $449.64 for the upgrade, which seemed like too much to me. I later went to Guest Relations at MK to ask about this and they assured me the price was correct. Okay. But it didn't seem correct. So I asked Robo, who pointed me in the right direction and verified that my math was correct. The upgrade should have cost $387.66, not $449.64. So WDW owed me $61.98.

Armed with the math and the info, I went back to Guest Relations, this time at DAK, where the original upgrade had taken place. The CM there assured me that their computer system is infallible (hah!) and went into the back, emerging sometime later with the further reassurance that my math was incorrect, that they were correct, and that the amount they originally charged me was the right amount. In case you don't read ahead--that info was WRONG!

So Robo gave me the number for WDW tickets (407-566-4985) and today, from home, I called. If you are planning to call this number, you might be better off calling first thing, at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time. Because I was on hold for 60 minutes. But, what the heck. I worked while I was on hold.

I spoke with Selene, who was an absolute genius. She fixed everything, refunded the $61.98 to my credit card (in fact, my math, via Robo's help, was correct) and made sure that my AP was still intact and correct. I checked MDE and it is.

Whew! Work, yes, but for $61.98 I was willing to do it.

For all of you who had your upgrades incorrectly priced at the parks, it's definitely worth it to call after you get home.

For me, I never would've known to do this if it hadn't been for Robo. Thank you so so much, Robo! :love::worship::love2:

If (s)he still makes you pay, simply save your parking receipt and take it to the

Have fun!
Thanks you

Have fun!
Thank you

Hi, Robo,

First and foremost--THANK YOU!!!

Hi Miffy,

I'm so happy for you!
Glad that you were diligent and finally got the correct procedure performed and your money refunded.

Thank you for posting your results.
It will help others in the future.
(I will certainly reference it for others when they are in similar circumstances.)

:thumbsup2

From what I understand, you should have all Photopass/MM photos taken (up to a year) unlocked and available previous to your AP start-date, anyway.
AFAIK, it should automatically back-date to any previous photos in your MDE file.

This seems odd.

And continues to get odder. I got this response from PP support, which suggests a big change to the way we understand the relationship between an AP and photopass.

"Thank you for being a part of our Disney Annual Passholder Family!

Disney Annual Passholders such as Disney Platinum Plus, Disney Platinum, Disney Gold, and Premier Annual Passports receive their Disney PhotoPass ® Photos benefit complimentary to these pass types.

When we review your account, we are able to see that the Disney Platinum Annual Pass was purchased on March 6, 2018, and the photos you are requesting were taken on March 5, 2018. These photos will not be included in the Annual Pass benefit, since the photos were taken before the activation date of your Annual Pass.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we appreciate your request for assistance."

So now I'm on hold with ticketing to try to straighten out the error in when my AP was activated because those pictures (our whole Studios day, including BB8, Baby Groot, and Olaf) matter *way* more than the possibility of that extra day on the AP making one bit of difference when I don't have a trip planned anywhere even close to the expiration date.

When we review your account, we are able to see that the Disney Platinum Annual Pass was purchased on March 6, 2018, and the photos you are requesting were taken on March 5, 2018. These photos will not be included in the Annual Pass benefit, since the photos were taken before the activation date of your Annual Pass.

Sounds like a CM who "knows not that they know not."

Keep at it.

I recently bought a stand alone 2 day park hopper. My plans have changed, so I would like to upgrade this to 3 days. I called the number provided in the upgrade section, and as expected, was told I had to wait until I could upgrade in person. The CM suggested that if I wish to book FP+ in advance for the third day, that I should purchase an additional 1 day park hopper ticket and link it to MDE (which would obviously cost more than an upgrade).

If I choose to do this, would having one 1-day park hopper, and one 2-day park hopper, both linked to my profile mess anything up related to admission or FP+? They will both be used on the same 3 day trip. Does ticket "priority" matter in this case?

I recently bought a stand alone 2 day park hopper. My plans have changed, so I would like to upgrade this to 3 days. I called the number provided in the upgrade section, and as expected, was told I had to wait until I could upgrade in person. The CM suggested that if I wish to book FP+ in advance for the third day, that I should purchase an additional 1 day park hopper ticket and link it to MDE (which would obviously cost more than an upgrade).

1. If I choose to do this, would having one 1-day park hopper, and one 2-day park hopper, both linked to my profile mess anything up related to admission or FP+?
2. They will both be used on the same 3 day trip. Does ticket "priority" matter in this case?

1. I would not do this due too the added cost. But, no, it would not cause any problems for your visit.
2. No problems.

FPs are not linked to "specific" tickets. Guests cannot book advance FP+ without having the
right number of tickets in MDX, but it doesn't matter which ticket is actually USED for park entry and FP admittance on any given day.

My husband purchased a 7day PH from UT (e-ticket) a few days ago on March 12 with the intent of upgrading this ticket to an AP in August when we go on our trip. We waited until after this years most recent price increase and based on the information we read we thought the ticket would expire on December 31, 2019. Well it appears it expires exactly 1 year from date of purchase on March 12, 2019
Not sure what to make of this?
Will this ticke be upgraded according to the “2018” Disney price?

We have a MYW package with 6-day tickets. We are thinking about hopping on our last day. If I understand correctly, we can wait until that day to upgrade and just pay the difference in price for one day, correct?

My husband purchased a 7day PH from UT (e-ticket) a few days ago on March 12 with the intent of upgrading this ticket to an AP in August when we go on our trip. We waited until after this years most recent price increase and based on the information we read we thought the ticket would expire on December 31, 2019. Well it appears it expires exactly 1 year from date of purchase on March 12, 2019
Not sure what to make of this?
Will this ticke be upgraded according to the “2018” Disney price?

I still don't know what to make of the oddball "expiration date" that UT has been applying to some of their recent tickets.
Regardless, there's no way to know what value the UT ticket YOU have will be given without knowing the date that
it was created by Disney (and sold to UT.) The only way to know that is to directly ask UT that info.
Once you know that, you can use the info in my Upgrade post to see the proper upgrade value.

Last edited:
We have a MYW package with 6-day tickets. We are thinking about hopping on our last day. If I understand correctly, we can wait until that day to upgrade and just pay the difference in price for one day, correct?

Yes and no.
You CAN wait until the last day to upgrade to Hopper.
However, there is no difference in price to add the Hopper to a 6-day ticket on "day-one" or "day-six."
The Hopper cost for a 6-day ticket will always be the same amount ($75, plus tax,) regardless of when you upgrade or how many days are left on that ticket.

Last edited:
I still don't know what the oddball "expiration date" that UT has been applying to some of their recent tickets.
Regardless, there's no way to know what value the UT ticket YOU have will be given without knowing the date that
it was created by Disney (and sold to UT.) The only way to know that is to directly as UT that info.
Once you know that, you can use the info in my Upgrade post to do see the proper upgrade value.

Yes, it’s very odd... when he linked his ticket in MDX today the March 12,2019 expiration date is what shows up. We purposely waited until the “new stock” tickets were in to purchase to make the upgrade easier :headache: lol
Thanks, will try to get more information from UT and hope the upgrade goes smoothly at the Park!

I spoke with Selene, who was an absolute genius. She fixed everything, refunded the $61.98 to my credit card (in fact, my math, via Robo's help, was correct) and made sure that my AP was still intact and correct. I checked MDE and it is.
Did Selene come up with the $61.98 on her own, or did you have to carefully guide her to that correct amount?
If you had to guide her to it, just wondering what figure she would have come up with on her own.

What of expiration dates on convention tickets? Will they disappear from MDE after that day? Can their purchase price be applied toward a new ticket?

What of expiration dates on convention tickets?
1. Will they disappear from MDE after that day?
2. Can their purchase price be applied toward a new ticket?

1. With the "glitch-fest" that is MDE, that might or might not happen.
2. Some can.

Before calling Disney, wondering whether or not it would be a waste of time to call...

So I had a 4-day MYW base ticket with my Disney room+ticket vacation package. Unfortunately my original flight was cancelled and the only available flight other than one several days later was 13 hours prior to my original flight. This meant I could not use the final day of my ticket. Would it be worth a shot to call Disney to see if I could get some sort of credit, whether a partial refund or application of a 1 day ticket for future use? Or do they not care? I did not purchase travel insurance from them if that would change the situation. Thanks.
So an update on this: After getting transferred multiple times, the ticketing department told me to email guest.services@disneyworld.com as they were unable to help me with package tickets. I did and got an automated email saying I should hear back within 5 days. 6 days later, today, I finally received an email and they issued me a 1-Day MYW base ticket that's good until 2038. Despite my discontent with Disney over the past few days, particularly due to the parking fees, I'm pretty sure I'll be back sometime in the next 20 years, so yay. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter