I made an impulsive purchase, and NOW, I have questions! Lol!

I went to a timeshare presentation and purchased some 5 day Hopper Plus tickets.
I purchased them for future use.

I added them to MDE and they show up as
5Day Timeshare Tour Ticket with Park Hopper Plus Option
The ticket has a date of 6/13/2017 on the back.

Do these tickets expire and what if I don’t use them by the expiration date? What will they be worth?

TIA!

I made an impulsive purchase, and NOW, I have questions! Lol!

I went to a timeshare presentation and purchased some 5 day Hopper Plus tickets.
I purchased them for future use.

I added them to MDE and they show up as
5Day Timeshare Tour Ticket with Park Hopper Plus Option
The ticket has a date of 6/13/2017 on the back.

Do these tickets expire and what if I don’t use them by the expiration date? What will they be worth?

TIA!
I don’t know about these, in particular, but in many cases they have no upgrade value.
Don’t know about expiration date.

Thank you for your reply Robo.

When you say no upgrade value, what does that mean?
I paid a discounted price but they were not inexpensive.
Can they become worthless?

I wouldn't count on Timeshare tickets being worth anything after any built-in expiration date they may have. Ticketing CMs can't do much to them.

I wrote to Disney ticketing and got this reply. I sent them a copy of the back of my ticket. Do you think this is solid information?

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Ticketing.
Your unused, multiday Magic Your Way Ticket will never expire until
used. It may be used on any day during normal park operating hours and
will expire 14 days after the date of first use. First use occurs the
first time a Magic Your Way ticket is used for admission to a Walt
Disney World Theme Park or other gated attraction, if included on the
ticket. The ticket is then valid for that day of use and the next 14
calendar days or until fully used, whichever comes first

Thank you, how do I know when they expire?

You said you have the ticket loaded in MDE - if you select "my tickets" on the mobile app it should show the expiration date for each one (I think the web site version may show them but it's not as prominent). At least it does for the ones I have loaded for those in my group.

I wrote to Disney ticketing and got this reply. I sent them a copy of the back of my ticket. Do you think this is solid information?
Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Ticketing. Your unused, multiday Magic Your Way Ticket will never expire until
used. It may be used on any day during normal park operating hours andwill expire 14 days after the date of first use.
First use occurs the first time a Magic Your Way ticket is used for admission to a Walt
Disney World Theme Park or other gated attraction, if included on the ticket.

The ticket is then valid for that day of use and the next 14
calendar days
or until fully used, whichever comes first

I can tell you that the last line is incorrect.

It should read,
"The ticket is then valid for that day of use and the next 13
calendar days
or until fully used, whichever comes first."

That's because the first day of use is the first of the 14 days a ticket is valid.

Thanks guys.
So I am not in FL and cannot go back to the parks,
How can I verify with Disney the expiration date of these tickets...
I tried both the phone number and the email address for Disney ticketing...

There is no expiration date on the ticket...does that matter....
I went ahead with the purchasing trusting that Disney usually makes good...
I do have over $1500 invested....

No idea how to reach the Time Share people!

Thanks guys.
So I am not in FL and cannot go back to the parks,
How can I verify with Disney the expiration date of these tickets...
I tried both the phone number and the email address for Disney ticketing...

There is no expiration date on the ticket...does that matter....
1. I went ahead with the purchasing trusting that Disney usually makes good...
I do have over $1500 invested....

2. No idea how to reach the Time Share people!

1. But, you didn't buy the tickets from Disney.
2. How is it that you found these tickets to purchase?

1. But, you didn't buy the tickets from Disney.
2. How is it that you found these tickets to purchase?

I attended a TimeShare Presentation at Orange Lake Resort-Orlando.
After the grueling presentation there was a check out desk and they offer discounted tickets to all of the Orlando Area Parks.

I purchased the tickets, got the plastic ticket card, and there was no discussion of expiration and no expiration date on the ticket. I knew Disney had recently added “use by”dates but thought I knew that tickets always retain their value.

I linked then into MDE and they showed up correctly, so I figured al was well. I am just not sure when I will be there to use them 2018-2019.

I can see the tickets on the Web in my MDE account but I just looked on the App, and the don’t show...but it would let me book FP if I wanted!

Ugh! So much for being impulsive. I am NOT, usually!
The TimeShare people seemed like Snake oil salesmen... that’s why I started to question...

1. The year of the package doesn't happen to make a significant difference in the value you will receive in the upgrade transaction.
2. That's not how it works, anymore. (I don't have the exact procedure since the recent price increase, but it should be close to the two situations I describe below.)
The Disney price of a 2-day PH in 2016 was $273.71.
The Disney price of a 2-day PH in 2017 was $275.84.
(Only a couple of dollars difference.)
So, you would subtract one of THOSE amounts from the current WDW price in order to upgrade.

$500.55 (Current 5-Day PH)
-273.71 (2016 2-day PH)
=226.84. Possible amount using 2016 Tickets that you might pay for the upgrade.

$500.55 (Current 5-Day PH)
-275.84 (2017 2-day PH)
=224.71. Possible amount using 2017 Tickets that you might pay for the upgrade.

3. Using a ticket at the park gate does not affect the ability or price of upgrading that ticket.

Again, the above two examples might be incorrect, but that's the info I have been able to piece together.
There have also been instances when guests were given an even lower price "per day"
when upgrading.
The inconsistency is maddening.

I just wanted to update that the price that we were charged was $226.84. Thank you Robo for all of your help.

Ok Robo....I've faithfully read all the way up to here.... our trip is a few weeks,and I asked a while back about upgrading my 5 day base when I arrived,and I knew the 'old' answer and the cost. I bought these from UT in (maybe) Dec 2016,and I don't know the cost/value of them(they don't expire till I start using them) How do I calculate that with adding 3 days at current gate price? (FWIW,I see current gate price of my 5 day tix is 420.68 each, cost of 2018 tix for 8 day tix is 452.63 incl. tax) thanks for any help

Ok, I updated my app and the tickets show there. It shows an expiration date as 12/31/30!!!??? REALLY.

So I guess your timeshare guys bought these in 2015 or earlier and they are "no expire" tickets? One person in my MDE group still has 2 days remaining on a 10-day hopper no-expire and 12/31/30 is the expire date noted in the MDE mobile app for that ticket.

Ok Robo....
1. I've faithfully read all the way up to here.... our trip is a few weeks,and I asked a while back about upgrading my 5 day base when I arrived,and I knew the 'old' answer and the cost.
2. I bought these from UT in (maybe) Dec 2016, and I don't know the cost/value of them(they don't expire till I start using them)
3. How do I calculate that with adding 3 days at current gate price?
4. (FWIW,I see current gate price of my 5 day tix is 420.68 each, cost of 2018 tix for 8 day tix is 452.63 incl. tax) thanks for any help

1. Sorry that you have read so much when the answer you want is on post #5 at the top of this thread.
Always look at the first few posts of the DIS Sticky Posts, as those of us who create them try to stay current with many
additions and updates as time goes by.

2. OK. We'll assume that you bought from UT at a date before Feb. 12, 2017.
It never matters what YOU paid for a discounted ticket.
What YOU paid is not used in the upgrade math.

3. & 4. From the Upgrade Sticky Post #5:

Upgrade Sticky Post #5 said:
Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __
Created ON and AFTER Feb.11,2018. (2018) Price list HERE.

A __________
Find the full Disney 2016 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Math:
$452.63 8-day Base 2018
-362.10 5-day Base 2016
=90.53 Cost to add 3 days to your 5-day 2016 ticket.

all prices include tax.

Last edited:
1. Sorry that you have read so much when the answer you want is on post #5 at the top of this thread.
Always look at the first few posts of the DIS Sticky Posts, as those of us who create them try to stay current with many
additions and updates as time goes by.

2. OK. We'll assume that you bought from UT at a date before Feb. 12, 2017.
It never matters what YOU paid for a discounted ticket.
What YOU paid is not used in the upgrade math.

3. & 4. From the Upgrade Sticky Post #5:

Math:
$452.63 8-day Base 2018
-362.10 5-day Base 2016
=90.53 Cost to add 3 days to your 5-day 2016 ticket.

all prices include tax.
Thank you for updating me on that! Yes I had read that,and according to the changes from the last price hike,I'm paying another $10 to get those extra days(prev. amount was$10 less to upgrade)..... THANK YOU!!!! ...edited...so this is considered 'bridging'? and it works the same for tix purchsed thru any authorized 3rd party site?(Like visitorlando)

Last edited:
Thank you for updating me on that! Yes I had read that,and according to the changes from the last price hike,I'm paying another $10 to get those extra days(prev. amount was$10 less to upgrade)..... THANK YOU!!!! ...edited...
so this is considered 'bridging'? and it works the same for tix purchsed thru any authorized 3rd party site?(Like visitorlando)

Yes.Yes.
It is price-bridging because you paid less for the tickets than the Disney price when you bought them.
(That's why I said that what YOU paid for the discounted tickets does not enter into the upgrade transaction.)
The price that YOU paid is "bridged" up to the price that Disney charged for a full-priced ticket of the kind that you have in (in your case) 2016,
Then, that Disney price (at that time) is subtracted from the current price.
And, you pay that amount for the upgrade.

Last edited:
I'm still making small changes in the wording of the Ticket Sticky info.
Trying to distinguish the subtle differences in the various upgrade situations
is a challenge.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter